- It's Easter Sunday and the Catholic Bishop in Washington
D.C. said that the good news is that 'the tomb is empty', meaning that
'Christ has Risen, and the world is saved.'
- Yesterday a story surfaced, from the Australian Herald
which told the world who really created the carnage and destruction in
Gaza and to the people that have died there: And that message is the exact
opposite of whatever "hope" might still stand for in this world
- "In the dying days of the Bush administration, and
a week before Israel launched an aerial bombing campaign, followed by a
land invasion of theGaza Strip, the U.S. military shipped 989 containers
of munitions to Israel.
- Each container was 20-feet long with a total estimated
net weight of 14,000 tonnes. The shipment reportedly reached Israel last
month at Ashod, 40 kiometres north of Gaza. The huge arsenal of munitions
will replenish those expended in the Gaza War.
- According to Amnesty International in the UK, the shipment
included white phosphorous.
- The international organization says 300 of the containers
had been unloaded at Ashod in March by a German cargo ship, Wehr Elb.
- "We are sure that the consignment contained arms
and munitions." We have a strong suspicion that it contained white
phosphorous which has been used against civilians in Gaza," Brian
Wood, head of Arms Control Campaign at Amnesty International in London
said late this week.
- "The cargo ship had been chartered and controlled
by US Military Sealift Command. It left the USA for Israel on December
20, one week before the start of Israeli attacks on Gaza. The vessel was
carrying 989 containers of munitions, each of them 20-feet long with a
total estimated net weight of 14,000 tonnes," he said." (1)
- If there is ever to be a world wherein the people of
Palestine can live as human beings, in the land they've been living in
for the last 900 years: We must begin to tell the whole truth about who
is seeking solutions and who is planning renewed Holocausts throughout
that region. If we can't do that then why not just openly side with Israel's
Zionist government and openly call for the obliteration of the Palestinian
people-instead of continuing the farce of this supposedly interested-party
role, in talks that have no purpose whatever, except to insure the end
of the Palestinian people, forever!
- If we were serious about ending the violence then maybe
we ought not to be sending (989 x 14,000 tons) =13,846,000 tons of munitions
to Israel, just to make sure that they have every opportunity to annihilate
the remaining Palestinians that are still living in prison camps and are
still under occupation, sixty years after the war that made them into prisoners?
- At least if we did that then maybe our financial problems
could finally begin to move away from the edge of oblivion that our continued
involvement with the Zionists, and their delusions of global power, have
been so instrumental in creating for the last sixty blood-soaked years.
Here's a visual comment on just part of what 14,000 tons of explosives
can do to a people trapped in a cage without any exits. (2)
- Happy Easter America!
- 1) U.S. shipped 989 munitions containers to Israel week
before Gaza invasion
- 2) The Other Side of the Story - caution violent images