- "CHICAGO - Ajinomoto Company Inc., the leading
global supplier of proven neurotoxic and carcinogenic aspartame as well
as the equally destructive monosodium glutamate, has applied to the U.S.
Food and Drug Administration for approval ofanother biochemical monstrosity
of to-the-public-unknown constitution, called Advantame, what they call
"an innovative sweetener for use in foods and beverages."
- My educated-but-still-layman's guess is that is is some
mixture of aspartame and neotame, yet another deadly concoction and witch's
- Ajinomoto was dumb enough to sue ASDA/Walmart for merely
saying that Aspartame was "nasty" enough for them to get rid
of it from their stores.
- see also:
- Ainomoto says: "Advantame has a sweet, clean sugar-like
taste. Because it is much sweeter than most low and non-calorie sweeteners
currently available, it is anticipated to be ! a top candidate for food
and beverage formulations."
- Their 'sweet' nonsensical puff piece of a press release
goes on to say, as if they cared about anything but profits for their company,
that "heightened attention to the importance of healthy body weight
has significantly increased demand for ingredients that deliver a good,
sweet taste without adding extra calories."
- This blatant misrepresentation goes on in pristine Public
Relations glowing terms: "We are all very excited about Advantame.
The clean sugar-like taste means that it blends very well with sugar and
high fructose corn syrup, providing food and drink companies with an alternative
that has both nutritional and environmental advantages. Equally, Advantame
can be used very successfully by product formulators in the sweetening
systems of low calorie and no calorie products," said Brendan Naulty,
President of Ajinomoto Food Ingredients LLC. Ajinomoto has spent
almost ten years in researching and developing the next generation of non-caloric
sweeteners. Advantame is the first of these new sweetners the company
intends to introduce to the market in the next few years. The Japanese
food and amino acid giant is celebrating its 100th anniversary this
- For more about Ajinomoto, please read these articles,
more accurate than their latest press release nonsense:
- 1. AJINOMOTO, ASPARTAME & BRAIN TUMORS - A RECIPE
- 2. New Mexico Senate President Sides with Artificial
Sweetener Maker "Ajinomoto"
- 3. Heroic NM Senator Fights Aspartame Machine
- So...another biochemical nightmare from Ajinomoto, the
world's largest maker of aspartame and monosodium glutamate; this
time, they are asking for FDA
- approval; write to Obama's FDA Commissioner, Dr. Margaret
Hamburg, M.D., and ask her to not only turn them down, but rescind
approval for aspartame; put an
- end to neurotoxic food additives causing dozens of illnesses
that go undiagnosed accurately.
- This is Dr. Margaret Hamburg's mailing address:
- The Honorable Margaret Hamburg, M.D.
- FDA Commissioner, 5400 Fisher's Trail, Rockville, Maryland
- If you were to ask them to do so, I believe your Senator
and your Congressman
- and your state's Governor could also ask Dr. Hamburg
to turn this monstrosity
- down and to further rescind the approval for aspartame.
- - Stephen Fox