- Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa supports and encourages
over two million illegal aliens in the City of Angels. He's not too happy,
however, about the 20,000 Mexican and Central American gang-bangers wreaking
havoc in his streets where cops fear to tread. L.A. jails bursting with
convicted alien felons thrills him not one peso! Bankrupting hospitals
and failing schools illustrate his incompetence.
- In fact, everything in L.A. reflects Mexico City's culture:
crime, drugs, rapes, drunken driving accidents, drive-by shootings, schools
in disarray, hospitals collapsing and prisons bursting at the bars.
- This week, he proudly announced another first: In L.A.,
the nation's first clinic opens to treat deadly insect-borne Chagas disease.
As little as ten years ago, no one ever heard of Chagas disease in the
- Los Angeles Times journalist Mary Engel reported, "A
Los Angeles County hospital has opened the first clinic in the country
devoted to studying and treating Chagas disease, a deadly parasitic illness
that has long been the leading cause of heart failure in Latin America
and is now being seen in (illegal) migrant communities in the United States."
- Legal immigrants enjoy health screenings before entering
the United States. I wrote about it four years ago as did the late Dr.
Madeleine Cosman. As to Chagas, it's a T-cruzi parasite that infects between
14 and 18 million people in South America. It kills 50,000 annually. (Source:
Carlos Bastien, "Kiss of Death")
- "Unless Chagas is treated early, little can be done
to halt its advance," Engle reported. "Yet because 10 to 20 years
can pass before heart or gastrointestinal complications develop, many people
don't realize they're infected with what has been called a silent killer.
Like Lyme disease or malaria, Chagas is a vector-borne illness, meaning
that it is transmitted by insects, not person-to-person contact."
- "By the end of October, 253 people in 30 states
had tested positive for Chagas," according to data compiled by the
American Association of Blood Banks.
- "The prevalence nationwide is estimated to be about
1 in 30,000 donors, and about 1 in 7,000 in Los Angeles," said Dr.
Susan Stramer, executive scientific officer for the American Red Cross."
- What does this report tell you? It means third world
diseases spread through America like California wildfires. It means you
and your family stand at risk. Regarding illegals, George Bush said, "They
do the jobs that American citizens won't do." What Bush might instead
say, "They bring you the diseases that you wouldn't die from if I
did my job to protect our nation's borders."
- Tuberculosis kills two million people annually worldwide!
- Not to be outdone by illegals working in its city, in
Decatur, Georgia--at one chicken plant, 212 workers, all illegal aliens,
tested positive for tuberculosis last week.
- As reported by Eric Fleischauer in the Decatur Daily,
"All of the employees at the Wayne Farms fresh processing plant in
Decatur have received tuberculosis skin tests and 212 of them tested positive."
- Scott Jones, state director of public health, said, "All
165 employees with positive TB results in the most recent tests would receive
chest X-rays on Thursday. Doctors will evaluate those X-rays early next
week to determine if any of them have signs of active TB disease."
- It makes you wonder why Wayne Farms hired so many illegal
aliens without a health screening. They place their legal employees at
risk as well as the public.
- Fleischauer reported, "In addition to testing other
employees at the fresh processing plant, health officials said they tested
all others known to have had contact with the two men (with active TB).
Jones refused to say whether either individual has school-age children."
- "The majority of the folks that we're dealing with
in this situation are foreign born," Jones said. "I would expect
about 30 percent of them to test positive."
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, "Fifteen
minutes of close contact with a person who has active TB disease will cause
up to 50 percent of people to become infected."
- For anyone who read my column three years ago, it reported
that we imported 16,000 new cases of TB from illegals crossing over our
borders unscreened for health purposes. Every infected illegal infects
between 10 and 50 other Americans depending on public contact. Additionally,
their 2.0 million children attend schools where American children become
vulnerable to contracting TB.
- Most alarming of all, tuberculosis kills nearly two million
people worldwide annually. (Source: World Health Organization)
- Of less note to Americans, leprosy, now known as Hansen's
disease affected only 900 Americans in the last 40 years. Today, via illegal
migrants from India, Brazil and the Caribbean, according to the New York
Times report by Sharon Lerner, 7,000 new cases turned up on the East Coast.
Leprosy has become endemic to the East Coast for the first time in the
history of the United States.
- Your tax dollars pay for all treatments and the 11 new
clinics set up to deal with that ancient disease now settling into the
heart of America.
- On top of that, thousands of cases of hepatitis "C"
cross over U.S. borders annually in the bodies of illegal aliens. Where
do they work? They work in hotels, restaurants, fast food, construction
- It's a matter of time before someone with Avian flu or
some other highly contagious disease steps illegally into the United States.
No way to combat that pandemic waiting to happen! Not to be outdone,
a person(s) with multiple drug resistant TB could make their way to our
shores at any time with our wide open borders.
- While our president and Congress remain oblivious and
insulated from the killings, robberies, drug trade, bankrupted school systems,
hospitals collapsing and overloaded illegal alien prison populations-they
cannot, nor will their children, remain immune to the diseases imported
by tens of thousands annually.
- Instead of Joe Citizen's kids contracting TB, Chagas,
hepatitis and other diseases-- Jenna Bush, Dick Cheney's daughter or her
children, Mayor Villaraigosa's wife (lovers), Governor Spitzer of New York
or Senator John McCain, Teddy Kennedy and the like will not be able to
outrun viruses because they travel in the air. It'll be interesting to
see how fast our president and Congress close our borders to stop this
massive invasion of our country-that sooner or later-will affect them like
it's already affecting the rest of us.
- The simple reasonable answer to protect our communities'
health means we must screen every single individual person entering this
country as an immigrant. Legal entry alone assures screenings to protect
this nation. Why isn't the obvious so obvious to Bush and Congress?
- Take action: <http://www.thesocialcontract.com>www.thesocialcontract.com
; <http://www.numbersusa.com>www.numbersusa.com ; www.fairus.org
; <http://www.firecoalition.com>www.firecoalition.com ; <http://www.alipac.us>www.alipac.us
; www.capsweb.org ; <http://www.vdare.com>www.vdare.com
- Frosty Wooldridge has bicycled across six continents
from the Arctic to the South Pole as well as six times across
the USA, coast to coast and border to border. In 2005, he bicycled from
the Arctic Circle, Norway to Athens, Greece. He presents "The Coming
Population Crisis in America: and what you can do about it" to civic
clubs, church groups, high schools and colleges. He works to bring about
sensible world population balance at his website www.frostywooldridge.com