- Have you heard about "the Great Awakening"?
According to several Internet hosts and guests, the populace is on the
verge of waking up from its cosmic stupor.
- "Hats and horns"
- Please forgive the sarcastic Judyism, but I am having
difficulty observing the "aha" moments. The snoring is too distracting.
- Have you ever stepped outside the cozy world of the Internet
"truth tellers"? Have you spoken to people who shut your mouth
before you can utter the sentence "911 was an inside job" ?
- Have you noticed that the gap between the richer and
poorer is growing? Have you observed how many people are struggling to
climb to the lowest rung of Abraham Maslow's ladder of basic
- It is difficult to get too excited when both the main
and alternate news programs talk about cataclysms, diseases, wars
and, of course, terrorism. Are we still having alerts? Is it a yellow day?
It's hard for me to tell with all the chemtrails blanketing the sky.
- There are weather wars, megabugs, tainted vaccines, and
weapons of mass destruction (sorry for the cliche ...but these are located
on our soil, not over someone else's oil) We live in a electromagnetic
soup. The dollar is sliding downward while prices are climbing upward.
The Middle Class is magically disappearing from the landscape.
- You have heard of Generation X and Generation Y. Well,
we are presently in Generation Rx. People, both young and old, are
popping their pills in an effort to stay psychologically afloat. That
heaviness you feel in the air is a combination of depression and clouds
- Here's an excerpt from a cheerful little article
which appeared on Jeff Rense's site on 4/3/06 http://www.rense.com/general70/massdeath.htm
For those of us who are too lazy to read (another phenomenon of these times
and the television set ) let me highlight some of the joviality
- A University of Texas professor says the Earth would
be better off with 90 percent of the human population dead
- "Every one of you who gets to survive has to bury
nine," Eric Pianka cautioned students and guests at St. Edward's University
on Friday. Pianka's words are part of what he calls his "doomsday
talk" - a 45-minute presentation outlining humanity's ecological misdeeds
and Pianka's predictions about how nature, or perhaps humans themselves,
will exterminate all but a fraction of civilization
- Though his statements are admittedly bold, he's not without
abundant advocates. But what may set this revered biologist apart from
other doomsday soothsayers is this: Humanity's collapse is a notion he
- "This is really an exciting time," he said
Friday amid warnings of apocalypse, destruction and disease. Only minutes
earlier he declared, "Death. This is what awaits us all.
- So what's at the heart of Pianka's claim?
- 6.5 billion humans is too many.
- "There was a good deal of shock and just plain astonishment
at what he had to say," the student said. "Not many folk come
out and talk about the end of the human population in as candid of a manner
as he did. Dr. Pianka received a standing ovation at the end of his talk.
- Is this the Great Awakening? Is it that we are all going
to die and, as Ebenezer Scrooge said, and I paraphrase, "then let's
get it over and decrease the surplus population." ?
- I know that I am not much fun these days and I do not
blame you if you do not invite me to anymore parties. But
please believe that there is nothing that I want more than "peace
on Earth". My problem is that I cannot play "let's pretend".
- Copyright: October 2007