- Warning - Please be
advised the following Commentary contains citations of sexually explicit profanity.
- When Don Imus referred to a Black women's basketball
team as "nappy headed hos" he was using a description ("hos")
that Black rappers have popularized on CBS sister stations.
- CBS is owned by Viacom, http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/viacom.asp%20
which also owns MTV and VHS. These stations are responsible for making
this expression part of the national vocabulary.
- Viacom also owns "Famous Music," which publishes
and markets the work of hip-hop and rap artists who portray Black women
as "bitches" and "hoes." A cursory search
- yielded this couplet from Rapper "Cadillac Tah":
- Bitches come, bitches go But little do they know we don't
love them ho's ("Come and Go")
- So, Imus is double victimized by CBS's owners. First
they popularize a derogatory attitude and expression, and then they fire
him for using it.
- The expression is so common that Imus' sidekick actually
introduced it into the conversation:
- "Imus: That's some rough girls from Rutgers. Man,
they got tattoos and -
- McGuirk: Some hard-core hos.
- Imus: That's some nappy-headed hos there. I'm gonna tell
you that now, man, that's some - woo. And the girls from Tennessee, they
all look cute, you know, so, like - kinda like - I don't know."
- Imus transgressed because Blacks can call their women
"hos," but Whites have to treat them with kid gloves, as an endangered
species.(They are a privileged subset of another endangered minority, women.)
- These Anti-White-Male prejudices were apparent when the
CBS President, Leslie Moonves, one of the Original Endangered Minority
(upon which all others are modeled,) announced
he was firing Imus.
- "There has been much discussion of the effect language
like this has on our young people, particularly young women of color trying
to make their way in this society," CBS President and Chief Executive
Officer Leslie Moonves said... "That consideration has weighed most
heavily on our minds as we made our decision."
- "Young women of color trying to make their way in
this society." Does he mean women like the Black stripper who falsely
accused the Duke Lacrosse players of rape? Does he mean language of the
kind Viacom is broadcasting, publishing and selling!?
- You need a shoe shine job The way you polish a knob Backstage
panties down eat dick Good-bye Biotch!! (Ya Rule "Extacy")
- "Young women of color trying to make their way in
this society?" That's a laugh! Every corporation, university and government
department has orders to rush them to the head of the line! This is confirmed
by the next paragraph:
- "Imus had a long history of inflammatory remarks.
But something struck a raw nerve when he targeted the Rutgers team - which
includes a class valedictorian, a future lawyer and a musical prodigy -
after they lost in the NCAA championship game."
- Imus' Remarks spawned a feeding frenzy. All the usual
sharks--Al Sharpton, Oprah Winfrey, Hilary Clinton, Jesse Jackson and Barack
- Jackson called the firing "a victory for public
decency. No one should use the public airwaves to transmit racial or sexual
- Like this from Viacom's "Famous Music" site?
- Look, Samantha, Loraine, Monica, Veronica Veronica, she
treated my dick like a harmonica cock sucker How you think I learned how
to twist it and turn Ya back until it's broke, make you feel it in your
throat It was Pamela, Linda, Keisha, Nicole Had me fuckin while I was drivin
on cruise control Can't wait to get it home and teach it all to you Look
I'm just tryna be the best, I'm doin it all for you You know that thing
with the peanut butter My Brooklyn bitch said fuck untyin the ropes, it's
faster with a box cutter I know you love the way I'm diggin you out But
always wanna fuckin argue so let's figure this out I'm just tryna make
you happy bitch Who's there for you anytime you get in the mood for suckin
a dick (Xzibit, "Fuckin You Right, Restless")
- Said Sharpton: "[Imus]says he wants to be forgiven.
I hope he continues in that process. But we cannot afford a precedent established
that the airways can commercialize and mainstream sexism and racism."
- Who is he kidding? Does he listen to what Viacom is broadcasting?
- Cops gettin mad cause I paid 'em off, made 'em cough
blood and shit That's what the hell you motherfuckers get, we runs this
bitch? So hey, you ain't gotta be scared to fuck If you want head, then
prepare to suck (do it) Even if the nigga don't care to nut For every stroke,
it's a hundred bucks Respect the game, you just a slut So open your legs
up and get my duck ("Pimp Like Me" D-12 Devil's Night)
- The principled men of CBS stand to lose revenues of $15
million a year from Imus' Show. But they make much more than that from
promoting and selling this poison.
- It gets better! Imus has raised more than $40 million
dollars to fight SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and was in the middle
of a fund raising marathon Thursday when the announcement was made!
- Corporate sponsors affirmed their political bona fides
by canceling advertising. If you like Imus, boycott the following: American
Express Co., Sprint Nextel Corp., Staples Inc., Procter & Gamble Co.
and General Motors Corp. But buy Bigelow Tea. " Imus thanked one sponsor,
Bigelow Tea, for sticking by him."
- Another Uncle Tom, Bryan Monroe, president of the National
Association of Black Journalists and director of Ebony and Jet magazines,
met with Moonves on Wednesday.He urged them ... to take a stand against
the coarsening of culture.
- "Something happened in the last week around America,"
Monroe said. "It's not just what the radio host did. America said
enough is enough. America said we don't want this kind of conversation,
we don't want this kind of vitriol, especially with teenagers."
- Does this guy ever watch MTV? Does he live in the USA?
- Don Imus is another victim of the Culture War, a ritual
sacrifice to the God of political correctness. He is an object lesson for
average Americans on when "prejudice and hate" is allowed and
when it is not. (Come in Mel Gibson and Michael Richards.) It is allowed
against White Christian heterosexuals. See "Imus
Treatment Ignored for Catholic Bashers"
- It is not allowed against Blacks, Jews and homosexuals.
I didn't listen to Imus but he also criticized powerful
- I don't think /anyone/ should get the Imus treatment.
It smacks of the Orwellian thought control, Soviet show trials and Maoist
rituals of public chastisement and contrition. It smacks of the New World
- What is wrong with hatred and prejudice anyway? Do we
fault the Holocaust survivor who hates Nazis? Do we blame the battered
wife who hates the man who disfigured her? Do we begrudge the Black slave
who hates the man who wields the whip? Wouldn't they be less than human
not to hate them? I do not believe people hate for no reason. There is
a justified hatred that is natural, necessary and human, and we are being
conditioned to be impassive.
- Similarly isn't "prejudice" another term for
learning from experience? Often it's really "postjudice." I think
most people will change their views when they see that the facts have changed.
- Then why should we blame people who resent being relegated
to second-class citizens in their own country? Who resent that a foreign
central banking cartel has taken control of politics and the media? Who
resent it flooding the country with aliens in order to change its character?
Who resent that marriages and families have been destroyed by Feminism,
introduced by those Communist and Media Jews who serve this cartel? Who
resent that their young are dying and their nation is being bled dry by
the banker's foreign wars? Who resent they are losing their freedom under
the guise of a phony war on terror? Who resent that the fearless media
doesn't expose the scoundrels who are really responsible for 9-11 and the
death of 3000 Americans?
- The real endangered minority is Don Imus' audience: the
average white Christian American. The foreign elites are using minorities
to dis-empower the majority. Don Imus may have expressed the majority's
resentment. He had to go.
- Let's make the bastards pay.
- Henry Makow Ph.D. is the inventor of the game Scruples
and author of "A Long Way to go for a Date." His articles exposing
fe-manism and the New World Order can be found at his web site www.savethemales.ca
He enjoys receiving comments, some of which he posts on his site using
first names only. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'HipHocracy,' we at Morty's Cabin call it. What with
Haime Town Jackson and Tawana Brawly-isms, Sharpton and Jackson are the
- With both these men, whipping up the Black community
into a violent frenzy and/or creating a hellish mess where peace and understanding
would have gone a lot further, their modus operandi is as racist as
Hitler's was to the Jews. It is our collective opinion at Morty's
Cabin, that the one single individual who is hurt the most from all this
hoopla coming to an end, is Al Sharpton and no one else.
- It's simple. Regarde'!
- Now, Sharpton has little with which to present on TV,
Radio and Press interviews. Oh, he'll try. But imagine, Al Baby, how much
more wonderful it might have been if you and your fiends were able to stretch
it all out a tad longer?
- I can see him now. "Uh ... what I gonna do now?
He fired. He gone. I ain't got nuttin to say, now! Wait, wait, I can think
a sumpin. Gimme a little more time. Imus, 'Meet me in the mornin' at fifty-six,
- In conclusion. It is consummated. Sharpton won and Sharpton
lost. What he won was what he asked for. What he lost was another ton of
respect. And Mainstream News, Morty's has a comment for you. Whenever someone
like Sharpton gets on his high horse, it is *you* the media, which gives
him press time. If you leave a jerk alone and ignore him, he will shut
up and go bother someone else.
- And we at Morty's Cabin suggest he bother RAP so-called
"artists," who need a good lesson in mouth control. Seems to
us as if "mouth" with RAP so-called artists, means the other
end. It's what comes out that counts based on what goes in. Eh?
- Jim Mortellaro,
- AKA, Morty
- *Dylan, silly!
Patricia Doyle, PhD
- Freedom Of Speech...For A Select Few
- Hello Jeff -- I see that Imus has been fired from his
radio job as well as the MSNBC simulcast. He has really done a LOT for
childrens' charity...and he was bounced in the middle of a two-day radiothon
for 3 such charities.
- Alright, his remark was stupid, not funny and in bad
taste, however, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson KNOW that worse is being
said about white people over at WLIB. Al Sharpton has his own talk show
over at LIB. And there is pure HATE coming over the mic from both hosts
and callers to LIB.
- The music played there on many shows is rap and some
of the rappers advocate killing white policemen and white people in general.
How can one station be able to broadcast racial hatred, yet, another is
forced to fire a radio veteran of almost 50 years? CBS/MSNBC execs caved
in really quickly and fired Imus. He kept repeating his statements of contrition
and heartfelt sorrow but the Rutgers team and the Bobsey Twins of Al and
Jessie were not in a forgiving mood.
- Big brother is getting worse...and it is the average
Joe and Jane Citizen who are actually enabling this type of censorship
to go forward.
- I seem to remember a professor over at Columbia University
who was teaching Black Studies. He went on ad nauseum about white people
being 'icemen' and blacks being 'sun people' etc, etc. He taught pure hatred
in his lectures at taxpayer expense. Al Sharpton's WLIB afternoon talk
show is no stranger to provoking racial discord. He never did apologize
for the Tawanna Brawley fiasco up here in Poughkeepsie. And do we remember
Jessie Jackson's 'Hymie Town' remark? The only person who is beyond forgiveness,
apparently, is Imus.
- Something is very wrong in the US, a country that was,
once, proud of "Freedom of Speech." Now we have "freedom
of speech" but only for a select few.
- A pathetically sad day when a man who begged, for almost
a week, for forgiveness is not allowed to earn a living and is not forgiven.
- Guess the Imus ranch for children with cancer will, one
day, have to close its doors due to the fact that Imus has lost his mic
and won't be able to muster up donations in the future. I am sure that
if Imus tries to get work again, no matter how much time goes by, he will
not be hired.
- He only used an expression that black men use daily to
describe their women. The expression is heard over and over in rap music.
Where are Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson on rap song lyrics? Their silence
is deafening...and downright despicable.
- Patricia A. Doyle DVM, PhD
- Bus Admin, Tropical Agricultural Economics
- Univ of West Indies
- Please visit my "Emerging Diseases" message
- Also my new website:
- Zhan le Devlesa tai sastimasa
- Go with God and in Good Health
The Real Reason For Imus' Firing
- Imus was not a victim of a 'cultural' war. Based on the
paragraph which follows you can readily see who, in fact, are the stooges
for the 'powers that be,' pulled out of the hat on cue for use as timely
- Net rumor has it that in the days prior to the brouhaha
leading to his firing, Imus had Tim Russert on as a guest. In the course
of their conversation, Imus became incensed over the lack of adequate medical
care given to American soldiers whereupon he threatened to start talking
about 'secrets' he knew about 911...and how would the 'powers' like that?
- Allison - NY
- If 'regular' white Americans don't vocalize their dismay
in the same manner as the blacks and the illegal aliens scream and yell
and howl, we can only expect to lose more of our freedoms.
- I will not apologize for being a descendant of Europeans
and why shouldn't I have the same pride in my heritage that others have
in theirs? If a person is Asian, African-American, Haitian or Hispanic,
they have a right to pride in their ethnicity - but if an American is of
European descent he or she must deny any pride because it is not politically-correct.
We have all heard of black pride, latino pride...but white pride? No...someone
who talks about white pride is a "home grown" terrorist or a
racist, at the least.
- I think pride in heritage is good for everyone and everyone
has a right to be proud of the accomplishments of their ancestors.
- I remember a caller to the Bob Grant program which was
on WABC NYC at the time. The caller was a New Jersey high school teacher
who was disgruntled about being forced to teach black history every day
in the month of February. He made a bit of a stupid remark, "In 200
years the US went to the moon, and in the same 2000 years they are still
urinating in their own drinking water in Africa."
- Well, he actually lost his job over that statement. Someone
from his school was listening and recognized "Nick from (whatever)
- They went to the school board about the comment and the
man was fired. He was unable to get another job and eventually, years later,
died of cancer. A very sad story. Doesn't a caller to a talk show have
a right to their own opinion? He was unidentified beyond a first name,
did not mention the name of the school, and was not speaking as representative
for the district in any fashion. He only was commenting on his view of
'Black History' month. He also brought up the fact that the school would
never have a course called 'White History' or have white history month.
- The situation with politically-correct big brother watching
us era is going to lead to more racial tension not less. People need to
come together on their own and not forced to because of fear of losing
- It just gets worse...and worse