- In spite of the artificially rosy picture presented by
the DOW, housing starts dipped 14.6% in October and that is further evidence
of a structural weakness and decline in the US economy. That was
not an annual drop. That was a drop just from the preceding month of September.
They call that a "free fall" in the markets.
- Just during the months of July through September the
housing slump knocked an entire 1% off the domestic growth rate.
That is a whopping number folks. As reported before, when housing
is going into the gutter and the stocks of housing companies are soaring
on the stock market, that is a warning sign. That is clear evidence
of manipulation of the markets when the performance of these companies
is dropping due to market realities.
- If you have been keeping up with the flow of news, Bush
went to Vietnam and compared the Vietnam War debacle to the Bush Iraq debacle,
and shortly after that the Pentagon announced that another 57,000 US soldiers
will be sent to the Bush debacle.
- US Announces Troop Deployments To Iraq
- By LOLITA C. BALDOR
- WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon
announced Friday that 57,000 U.S. troops, including five combat brigades,
have been told to deploy to Iraq early next year - a move that will maintain
current force levels there.
- Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld signed the deployment
orders for about 20,000 soldiers from active duty Army brigades based in
North Carolina, Georgia, Washington, Kansas and Italy. Another 10,000 reserves
and 27,000 active duty troops are scheduled to go to Iraq in smaller units.
- Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman also said that 1,500
soldiers in the South Carolina National Guard's 218th Brigade Combat Team
have been told they will deploy to Afghanistan early next year.
- The deployments, which will serve as replacements for
troops leaving Iraq, will largely maintain the current force level of 141,000.
The moves were initially described by military officials last week, but
the specific units were announced Friday.
- The units scheduled for deployment are the 3rd Infantry
Division headquarters from Fort Stewart in Georgia; the 4th Brigade, 1st
Infantry Division from Fort Riley in Kansas; the 4th Brigade, 2nd Infantry
Division from Fort Lewis in Washington; the 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division
from Fort Benning in Georgia; the 1st Brigade, 82nd Airborne Division from
Fort Bragg in North Carolina; and the 173rd Airborne Brigade, based in
- At least one of the five combats brigades - the 4th brigade
of the 1st Infantry Division - is currently at the National Training Center
at Fort Irwin, Calif., undergoing intensive final training for their deployment
- Whitman said the deployments reflect a continuing commitment
to maintaining security in Iraq. In a written statement, the Pentagon said
the "U.S. force rotations will be tailored based upon changes in the
security situation. Iraqi security forces continue to develop capability
and assume responsibility for security in Iraq."
- The announcement comes as some Democrats, who are poised
to take control of the House and Senate, continue to press for substantial
reduction of U.S. troops in Iraq, and a timetable for that drawdown.
- I think I know what the problem is and it is at least
two-fold. First, George Bush does not know what the word debacle
means. That would make his actions both problematic and explainable
at the same time.
- Secondly, this might be clear evidence that he is simply
too stuck-on-stupid to be the President of the United States. The
voice of America was clear on November 7 get out of Iraq!
- I see "clear and present danger" evidence that
George Bush cannot put his brain into gear before he puts his mouth into
motion. My sources in and around the RNC now consider Bush the biggest
liability the GOP has ever had sitting in office. He is an unfortunate
mix of a portrait of an idiot in action and an accident looking for a place
- Approval of Bush Policy on Iraq Declines
- Nov 17, 1:10 PM (ET)
- By WILL LESTER
- WASHINGTON (AP) - Americans'
approval of President Bush's handling of Iraq has dropped to the lowest
level ever, increasing the pressure on the commander in chief to find a
way out after nearly four years of war.
- The latest Associated Press-Ipsos poll found just 31
percent approval for Bush's handling of Iraq, days after voters registered
their displeasure at the polls by defeating Republicans and handing control
of Congress to the Democrats. The previous low in AP-Ipsos polling was
33 percent in both June and August.
- Erosion of support for Bush's Iraq policy was most pronounced
among conservatives and Republican men - critical supporters who propelled
Bush to the White House and a second term in 2004. A month ago, approval
of the president on the issue certain to define his presidency was 36 percent.
- His numbers keep dropping and he keeps right on doing
stupid things. Note that he is now eroding the base of conservative
and Republican men who supported this moron for a second term. It
is hopeless and he is useless.
- His arrogance and stupidity is stupefying. That
he would put more troops in Harm's Way with every warning sign saying
head another way - is a sure sign he is unfit for leadership. When
you add in on top of that the loud and clear message of American on November
7, who we have sitting in the Oval Office is not a comforting picture.
- Now that Democrat Representative Steny Hoyer is the Number
Two in the House as Majority Leader, and Nancy Pelosi was elected to Speaker
of the House unanimously, it is time to arrange the deck chairs on the
Titanic and get back to business as usual. At least, that is what
they think in DC.
- Earlier, after fellow Democrats selected her to become
speaker in January, Pelosi told her colleagues: "We made history and
now we will make progress for the American people."
- She pledged that, after 12 years in the minority, "we
will not be dazzled by money and special interests."
- Nancy failed to finish that sentence, "except Israeli
special interests via AIPAC and all of their lavish campaign donations."
- The 2008 Presidential Parade keeps adding new names and
the most recent is one that stands for the Bush Administration sleaze right
down at the bottom of the barrel with GW and Dick Cheney.
- Former Bush appointee as Secretary of DHHS Tommy Thompson
has thrown his hat in the ring.
- Ex-Bush Aide to Explore Presidential Run
- Nov 16, 3:34 AM (ET)
- By MIKE GLOVER
- DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - He's
far less known than some of his potential rivals, but former Cabinet secretary
and Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson says he'll form a committee allowing
him to test the waters for seeking the Republican nomination for president.
- Thompson says health care will be one of the top three
issues in the next presidential election and that his background heading
the Health and Human Services Department makes him a natural fit. The other
issues, he says, will be energy independence and the war in Iraq.
- "The times are right for my ideas," Thompson
told The Associated Press on Wednesday, shortly before he met with a group
of about 100 Iowa health professionals.
- If one digs deeps on Mr. Thompson, there are warning
signs going all the way back to when he was governor of Wisconsin that
he is not fit to lead anything.
- Before anyone considers backing Tommy Thompson they need
- Forcible rape allegations against him in Wisconsin that
his own State Police suppressed while he was Governor.
- The "turning the head" at the fast growing
VIOXX problem (88,000 to 138,000 heart attacks according to FDA, which
means that number is low) to facilitate the greedy desires of Big Pharma,
not to mention many other drugs too without appropriate testing regimens
to determine if they were safe for human use. The drug was approved
in 1999 under the Clinton Administration as a Fast Track approval but it
was Tommy Tom that turned a blind eye to the growing evidence that VIOXX
and its other names Ceoxx and Ceeoxx were deadly drugs.
- The Fast Track approval of the anthrax vaccine, which
is now known to be very detrimental to the health of our soldiers.
In some people it causes massive blood clotting by onset of DVT, or Deep
Vein Thrombosis and has killed many of our troops by stroke, heart failure
and pulmonary embolisms. Many of them will be on heavy doses of blood
thinning drugs for the rest of their lives. Thank you Tommy, and
GW too for ruining so many young lives.
- They have to keep the cover up in place so they will
try everything to get one of their own Neocons into the Oval Office.
- Some how, some way, they have to get the sleaziest SOB
they can find to keep the lid on. Neither side of the aisle can afford
an honest, uncorrupted President who would wield the rule of law at them
like a Samurai sword.
- It will not take the Democrats long to prove they are
still not worthy and still do not represent what Conservative America wants.
That 2 out of every 3 voters in America will be ready to send them packing
by 2008. That is my prediction and I am sticking with it. Now
that they have the House and Senate back after 12 years, and with the lingering
bad memories of the Bush Co sleaze, it will not take Americans long to
see that the Democrats are at the bottom of the barrel with GW and Cheney,
- One of the list members from Australia has added to the
questioning of Rep. John Conyers and his waffling on impeachment of Bush.
- John Conyers,
- Dear Sir,
- Pray tell me why should not President be impeached for
many demonstrable dismeanors?
- Nixon was replaced as was Clinton for much less.
- Iraq even under a brutal dictator civil war did
- Vietnam was a total failure as is Iraq.
- Respectfully John Cameron. Citizen Australia.
- Whilst secrecy prevails democracy withers & fails
- Another one was sent to me that was more to the point.
- The Subject Line: Impeachment 'Off the Table,' Conyers
- The Body of the Email: Traitor!
- You will see every one of the Democratic leaders in the
House and Senate turn into a babbling pretzel trying to evade doing their
job. Pay close attention over the next 90-180 days.
- Their job is to uphold the Constitution and the laws
of the United States and they will come up with some incredible excuses
to keep from doing their job. Keep watching for distraction du jours
they focus on rather than the Will of We the People.
- They are so blinded on the thoughts of 2008 already that
they will forget to do their job and what America just demanded in the
last elections. They are so busy trying to keep their jobs they forget
to do their jobs.
- I have been asked by many how that Plan would be implemented
in the first 30 days. For starters, the elections are always the
second Tuesday in November and the inauguration is January 21. That
is almost 90 days so the assault would be in planning for about 120 days
after officially sanctioned by an election. It also helps to already
have a list of targets and know who and where they are. That list
is years old and helps in the planning. If I or another candidate
were elected on a platform like that, you would see many flee to nations
where they think they can hide and avoid extradition.
- As far as I am concerned, they could not hide if they
were on the Dark Side of the Moon. There are long lists of people
that need to be dressed down and exposed to the public for who and what
- During the Transition Period a special team would be
readying all cruise missile tubes, all howitzers, all mortars and all ICBMs
to have a Shock and Awe day unlike any our nation has ever witnessed.
To back up the FBI would be members of our armed services because we do
not have enough FBI agents to tote the paperwork (subpoenas, indictments
and arrest warrants) or handle the task. Some of these people will
not want to go quietly.
- It all comes down to very simple questions and solutions
that cannot be implemented until America answers those questions and takes
- When is America going to wake up?
- When America wakes up, do they want change or the status
- Does America want a return of honor and integrity in
our government and quality of life for themselves and their children and
- Does America want a peaceful world or are they willing
to keep sending their sons and daughters off to far away lands to be maimed
or killed for no reason other than greed?
- Are we a nation of people or a nation of corporations?
- Are we going to continue to let about 2% of the US population
control the direction of the other 98% of us to our detriment?
- Do we want to keep watching the faces of the same liars
in DC and listening to the same lies, or can we accept that change is needed?
- Do we have the courage to implement change or is it
preferable to keep suffering and sliding downhill?
- I see a nation of people who want and need change and
a government that refuses to change. We all need to strive to put
our words into actions.
- Every nation, every kingdom, every empire and every civilization
in history has gone through comparable life cycles.
- The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations
from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200
years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
- 1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
- 2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
- 3. From courage to liberty;
- 4. From liberty to abundance;
- 5. From abundance to complacency;
- 6. From complacency to apathy;
- 7. From apathy to dependence;
- 8. From dependence back into bondage "
- We are faced now with government and mass media propaganda
machines that accelerate everything in life including their ability to
lie and mislead. The Internet has arisen as a means for people to
communicate. I wish that everything across the Internet had to survive
the truth test to be sent but it does not. What is apparent though
is that people are getting better at detecting truth and information from
the disinformation and propaganda put out over the Internet by the enemy.
- Much like the movie The Matrix, there comes a time when
each of us has to choose the red pill or the blue pill. We have to
decide whether to succumb to the status quo or find the courage to stand
up and do something about it.
- I was asked one time by a colonel of the US Army the
- "The world is a far better and far worse place than
99% of Americans know. Do you know why?"
- At the age of 19 I did not know the answer to that question
so he explained it to me.
- "The world is full of wretched people and evil deeds.
If the news were to show you the real truth, nothing but the truth, your
human mind could not stand to bear it for long before your mind would go
numb to it. On the other hand, most kindness, benevolence or charity
is not done to get attention or credit. Most is done from the heart,
anonymously expecting no credit, no attention, and many times not even
- Therefore, you do not see the worst nor do you see the
best but both are there all day every day. It is the ultimate battle
between evil and good and most pretend it is not occurring, but it is."
- America right now is evolving from #7 to #8 on that list
- When all Americans can do is vote for the lesser two
evils and no change, they are voting for evil and no change.
- Most of the rest of the world is rising up and moving
forward and we are on a downhill decline due to the pathetic leadership
we have and the dysfunctional system they stand for, promote and represent.
- I chose to go back to #2 or #3 and seek solutions to
fix the problems. I expect my nation to live up to its word, its
destiny, its potential. I expect my nation to tell the truth and
stand for honorable things.
- What number are you?
- Your answer could determine whether or not you have a
- Best regards,