- The founder the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee says
the U.S. government's so-called "Plunge Protection Team" is helping
prop up the U.S. economy, dollar and stock market until Election
- Then, says Bill Murphy, "all hell could break loose"
as the government's "strong-dollar policy" completely breaks
down and is exposed as nothing more than a "keep-gold-weak policy."
- For the last seven years, Murphy says, GATA has pounded
the table, insisting to the world the gold market is manipulated, but government
leaders, the banking establishment and their captive financial press have
refused to debate the issue, dismissing it as "conspiratorial"
- But Murphy contends "GATA has proof on the public
record that central bank gold reserves on deposit are only half of the
32,000 tons they officially claim to hold and are now starting to hit the
wall as gold prices keep rising."
- Murphy sees a "convergence" coming in the gold
market between the rising physical demand for gold and shrinking mining
output and supply with the gold price "management" by central
banks caught in the squeeze.
- The Wall Street Journal reports, "Treasury Secretary
Henry Paulson, a Wall Street veteran has reinvigorated the President's
'Working Group on Financial Markets' (PPT), which includes heads of the
Fed, SEC and Commodity Futures Trading Commission."
- "Gold prices could double to $1,200 per ounce in
the short term to th