- "Always vote for principle, though you may vote
alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never
- --- John Quincy Adams, eldest son of President
John Adams and sixth President of the US, 1767-1848
- My name is Edgar J. Steele. This is a Nickel Rant.
- Mid-term elections are coming. Just say "No"
to politics as usual. Vote against all incumbents. Vote against
all spending bills. Vote against immigration. Or ... just stay home
and don't vote. Vote yes on No.
- Choosing Evil Doesn't Work
- Don't try to choose among several bad choices, thinking
it smart to choose the lesser of two or more evils. Choosing the
lesser of two evils still means choosing evil. In fact, George W.
Bush has taught us that choosing the lesser of two evils can mean choosing
evil beyond comprehension.
- It isn't just Bush, of course. The other two branches
of government are equally complicit. The judiciary sits with its
arms folded and, when forced, supports the Administration. Congress
does nothing but rubber stamp the actions of an Administration that now
has gone to an unprecedented level of evil, beyond even the capacity of
words to convey.
- We don't get to vote on a new President for two years,
if ever again. If you think I suggest that possibility lightly, you
really have not been paying attention. We never really get to vote
on judges at any level. Congress is a different story, however, and
we vote on them in just a few days.
- Let me remind you of just a handful of the travesties
that this Congress has allowed under George W. Bush:
- Endless and Senseless War
- After 9-11, which now has been proven conclusively to
have been an inside job, Congress voted to delegate to Bush its Constitutionally-mandated
- Bush then lied us into a war that has cost over 10,000
American and 655,000 Iraqi lives. Despite being proven a liar about
weapons of mass destruction, the World Trade Center tragedy, Saddam Hussein
and Osama bin Laden, again and again, Bush continues to keep Americans
dying there, with the rate of increasing deaths escalating by the day.
- Boundless Immigration
- Illegal immigration has increased significantly, as Congress
purposely fails to stem the tide and actually allows the Administration
to hinder efforts of states and individuals to act on their own.
- The End of America
- Congress allowed Bush to sign a secret treaty that establishes
the North American Union, thereby consolidating America, Mexico and Canada
and proving why unrestricted illegal immigration is being allowed.
Though this single act of treason and high crime spells the end of America,
it is of little significance by comparison with other things allowed by
this Congress which guarantee the impending end of life as we have known
- No longer does anybody dispute the fact that the loss
of industry and jobs to overseas locations and illegal immigrants is leaving
America both impotent and headed for bankruptcy. Even so, oddly enough,
Toyota still can make vehicles profitably in America while neither Ford
nor General Motors can do the same.
- Fiscal and Monetary Insanity
- Of course, the incredible military spending now being
allowed by Congress, all by itself, seals our fate. Used to be, economists
argued over whether to spend on guns or butter, as a euphemism for a presumed
inability to fund both the national defense and social programs.
Now there is no debate whatsoever as Congress appropriates money for guns,
butter and a police state.
- The money being spent is borrowed from our children and
their children, in the form of debt that we cannot repay. Nor will
any of our descendants be able to repay it, thereby guaranteeing that our
progeny will toil their entire lives in chains, chains fashioned by our
- The Special Role of Goldman Sachs
- The financial arm of government has been handed over
to private companies, led by investment banking firm Goldman Sachs, which
now has become America's prime source of government economists and Treasury
- Since Congress allowed the Goldman-Sachs takeover, virtually
all of America's economic and financial statistics have been altered, as
in the case of jobless rates three times that admitted, or simply eliminated,
as in the case of the reporting of M3, an obscure term for the most meaningful
measure of the amount of money simply being created from debt.
- Under Goldman-Sachs, the secret (and illegal) manipulation
of financial markets has become routine. The pre-election stock market
just hit a new all-time high, despite absolutely nothing good about even
the false economic news being released.
- Congress sits by as Goldman-Sachs orchestrates the manipulation
of gold and silver prices via massive secret selling of futures contracts,
thereby ensuring that the American Dollar continues its death-defying act
of levitation, despite fundamentals that say it should have crashed and
burned long ago.
- To help obscure the fact of financial market rigging,
Goldman-Sachs ... er, our government ... now has discontinued the Commitment
of Traders (COT) report, whereby excessive futures trading used to be apparent.
- Here is just one small recent example of what is being
done: Gasoline prices, which doubled under Bush (thereby proving
that our Middle-Eastern wars of conquest have nothing to do with oil, either),
suddenly have subsided just prior to the upcoming election. How did
this happen in an era of worldwide increasing demand and decreasing supply?
Easy - Goldman-Sachs simply cut exposure of its primary commodity index,
the GSCI, to gasoline by two-thirds. Since a great many investors
adjust their investments to match the GSCI index (including funds that
are required by their charters to track that index exactly), the result
was a massive sell off of gasoline futures contracts in just the past few
weeks. It is, of course, no coincidence that the greatest declines
in pump prices have taken place in so-called "swing states" that
are particularly critical to Republicans in the upcoming congressional
- Bills of No Rights
- Aside from allowing Bush to run roughshod over America,
Congress actively has participated in our demise by passing bill after
bill, each clearly violating the Constitution.
- Recall the woefully-misnamed Patriot Acts I and II, whereby
so many of our civil liberties were surrendered under the specter of terrorism;
terrorism which never has come to the shores of America (remember that
9/11 was an inside job - America's own "Reichstag Fire").
- Even the Patriot Acts were not enough for Bush, who long
ago ordered the illegal wiretapping of all Americans (and by all, I mean
all, because complete records of your telephone calls are being maintained
by the NSA). When exposed, Congress simply passed a bill to make
- Despite giving Bush anything he demands, Congress also
allows Bush to issue what are called "Signing Statements" along
with bills that he signs, whereby he typically claims exemption from the
new restrictions being imposed upon the rest of us daily.
- Torturing Americans
- Torture, which has been illegal since America's founding,
was disclosed publicly in the Abu Gharaib prison scandal. Now Congress
simply has legalized torture via the Military Commissions Act recently
approved. That same act provides that war crimes no longer are crimes
if committed by American officials, thereby stamping America forevermore
as a rogue nation in the world community.
- Hidden in that same Military Commissions Act is a provision
that makes each and every American citizen subject to being seized without
a warrant, held without a trial and tortured - simply on the say-so of
- Strip Searching our Children
- Just passed by voice vote in the House of Representatives:
The Orwellian-named "Student and Teacher Safety Act of 2006,"
which will allow public school officials to strip search our children without
our consent or, even, knowledge. The definitions are loose enough
that the term "official" conceivably could include after-hours
- What I find tragically ironic about the proposed invasion
of our children's bodies is the fact that, just now, both House members
Mark Foley and current Speaker Dennis Hastert have been shown to be molesting
young boys in their off hours.
- The Smell of Plutonium in the Morning Air
- Meanwhile, the American aircraft carrier group Eisenhower
steams for the Middle East, due to arrive shortly and join the Enterprise
carrier group already on station. The entire Middle East is on a
war footing, including a variety of patron states, including Russia.
- We're not talking the junior-league sort of genocide
being practiced daily by America in Iraq and Israel in Palestine.
Both America and Israel now have been proven incapable of winning war by
conventional means. Bank on nuclear weapons being used in the upcoming
invasion of Iran - small ones at first, but the escalation should be as
swift as it will be impressive. Many times have I stated that history
will show 9/11 to have been the start of World War III. Now, at last,
you will see why.
- If you think this merely is bluff on Bush's part, go
back and study the ramp up to both Afghanistan and Iraq. We are going
into Iran. And we're not coming out, either. At least, not
intact, as Iraq increasingly proves. The only war for which George
W. Bush has had an effective exit strategy, acerbically pointed out by
Bill Maher, was the Viet Nam war.
- We Are the Problem
- Let's face it: America is broken. Probably
beyond repair. World war possibly will come before the election next
month. Even so, doing what we've always done in a voting booth is
what got us into this mess. Doing it again sure won't fix things.
- Vote yes on No
- Like it or not - believe it or not - American elections
at every level are rigged anyway. Elections always have been crooked
here and there at times (the last two presidential elections, for example)
and always in some places (Chicago comes to mind). Now, with paperless
voting machines, fraud has become easy, endemic and, most importantly,
unverifiable. Recounts? Recount what?
- So-called third parties have become even more irrelevant
in recent times, so don't waste your time on them, except to use one to
vote against current officeholders.
- So many people do not vote. Fine, if that is your
wish. Your vote probably is pointless, anyway. But, if you
do vote, then do it with relish. Do it right ... just this once.
If everybody voted against incumbents, then the numbers would be too large
for even the current Administration to overturn.
- Vote yes on No. Vote against all incumbents, even
those running for different offices. Vote against all spending bills.
Vote against immigration. Or ... just stay home and don't vote.
- Vote yes on No.
- Want to make a statement at the risk of a little jail
time? Go into a voting booth and refuse to come out. Take a
good book with you to read while the local officials figure out what to
do with you. Take the phone numbers of an attorney and a bail bondsman,
- Don't put extra statements or symbols on your paper ballots
- those just get thrown out, so you might just as well stay at home.
Don't vote for "Mickey Mouse," yourself or your dog.
- Make your vote really count. Vote against everything
and everyone. Otherwise, simply don't vote.
- Make a real difference this time. Make your voice
count for a change. Vote yes on No.
- My name is Edgar J. Steele. Thanks for listening.
Please visit my web site, www.ConspiracyPenPal.com, for other messages
just like this one. -ed
- Copyright ©2006, Edgar J. Steele