- This photograph was provided to me on June 10, 2006 by
a young man from Tepoztlan (Morelos) who does not wish to disclose his
- According to his account, the image was taken last year.
He added that the person who took the photo was American and was very excited
when the image was captured, believing that it could be a real UFO.
- Endeavoring to learn something more about the sighting,
I shared the material with some Mexican researchers who informed me that
they had no information on this alleged sighting.
- According to Tomas Amador and Damian Minaya, there is
a man named Rolf Bertschin living in Tepoztlan, who makes artistic composites
of this sort.
- I have visited Tepoztlan repeatedly trying to find Mr.
Bertschin and some additional information, but have not able to obtain
any results so far. Therefore, I cannot say with certainty that the photo
is authentic, but I also lack the elements to dismiss it altogether.
- We know that editing software allows us to make digital
montages, not mentioning the use of maquettes and models. However, we should
bear in mind that Tepoztlan is a site where UFOs are frequently reported,
and its residents speak of the phenomenon as an everyday occurrence.
- If the reader has any further information about the case
in question, please contact me so that we may clarify the authenticity
of the Mexican photograph once and for all.
- Translation (c) 2006. S. Corrales, Institute of Hispanic
Ufology. Special thanks to Ana Luisa Cid
- Mexico: Analysis of UFO Photograph
- ORGANIZACIÓN JUARENSE DE INVESTIGACION OVNI
- Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua; México.
- Tepoztl_án Photograph
- Photo obtained in Tepoztlán by Prof. Ana Luisa
Cid during her visit to the area.
- The young man who provided the photo did not wish to
give his name and according to his own account, it was given to him as
a gift last year, adding that the person who took the photo was American.
- The outdoors, as the following data can be seen;
- 2.-Mountainous Area.
- 3.-Lush Vegetation.
- 4.-Rock Formations.
- 5.-Partly Cloudy Skies.
- The photo shows a disc-shaped formation in a diagonal
position at approximately 45 degrees, engaged in apparent aerial navigation
over a mountainous region.
- The area is covered by lush vegetation corresponding
to the spring or summer months.
- The sky is partly cloudy with cumulus-type clouds.
- Some of the rock formations characteristic of the area
are in evidence.
- Image Filtration Results.
- The following filters were applied to the corresponding
photo. All of them yielded positive results.
- 1:10 SCALE
- 1@ Normal Crop
- 2@ Blur Correction 100%------+
- 3@ Brightness and Contrast (Highlight, Midtone, Shadow)
- 5@ RGB Levels----------+
- 6@ Emboss------------------+
- 7@ Brightness-Contrast 25/25---+
- No superimposition of image nor manipulation of the surroundings
can be observed.
- The image's light/shadow relationship is positive overall.
- The image is genuine by not presenting any conflict with
the filters applied.
- The image is printed and subsequently digitized via scanner,
as the presence of grain will attest.
- The image has sufficient elements to prove the physical
presence of an disk-shaped unidentified flying object placed in front
of the landscape.
- Points for Discussion.
- 1.-Photo provenance remains unresolved.
- 2.-Author remains unknown.
- Additional Comments.
- The image is analog, and for technical reasons, ORGANIZACION
JUARENSE DE INVESTIGACION OVNI only accepts negatives of analog photos
or photos from a digital source, as there exists the suspicion of a model
thrown into the air by one person and photographed by another.
- La grafica es análoga, por razones técnicas,
ORGANIZACIÓN JUARENSE DE INVESTIGACION OVNI solo acepta el negativo
de las graficas análogas o en su defecto graficas digitales en origen,
pues existe la sospecha de una maqueta lanzada al aire por una persona
y fotografiada por otra.
- Thank you for your kind attention.
- ORGANIZACIÓN JUARENSE DE INVESTIGACION OVNI.
- Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua; México.