- PESHAWAR (AIP) -- Taliban on Tuesday claimed to have shot down an unmanned
aircraft and killed 12 US and Afghan troops in Uruzgan in two separate
- Spokesman of Taliban fighters, Qari Muhammad
Yousaf, phoned Afghan Islamic Press from an undisclosed location and said,
"A fierce clash occurred between Taliban fighters and enemies in Charchino
district of Uruzgan province today which left 12 US and Afghan troops dead."
- He said two Taliban fighters were also
killed in the firfight, adding that later US planes pounded housed in
the area, killing a mother and two children.
- About the latest situation in Chora district
of Uruzgan province, he said, "Taliban entered the district headquarters
and personnel of the district fled after a strong attack and but later
a fresh government troops arrived there and clashed with Taliban outside
the district headquarters. During the clash 40 Afghan police and army soldiers
surrendered to Taliban."
- Taliban once again attacked the district
headquarters today, killing eight soldiers and captured the headquarters,
- Similarly Qari Muhammad Yousaf claimed
downing of an unmanned aircraft in Charchino district yesterday.
- This claim of Taliban has not been confirmed
by any other sources.