- Let us make one thing clear from the beginning: I am
not an anti-Semite.
- Semites are a regional stock of people that sprang from
various tribes in the Middle East a long time ago. The only controversy
in the area since then is that engendered by the two great religions -
Islam and Judaism.
- Islamic beliefs can be held and practiced by any racial
group; Judaic beliefs can be held and practiced by any racial group. There
can be converts to either religion by members of any group. Islamists are
not a particular race; neither are the followers of Judaism.
- I am not an anti-Semite, nor am I anti-Catholic, anti-Protestant,
anti-Hindu, or anti-Zoroastrian.
- So, how do these definitions apply to the situation today
in the Middle East?
- The government of Israel today is trumpeting its position
that it will not negotiate at any time with Palestinian Hamas.
- Because Hamas has stated a position that the state of
Israel must be destroyed.
- This Israeli thrust is being reinforced by many governments
in the world, the United States leading the way.
- Let us return to 1947 Palestine.
- Groups such as the Irgun and the Stern Gang were terrorizing
the British who were overseeing the Palestine Mandate, killing many Brits,
hanging them from trees, murdering from the shadows, any who disagreed
with their quest for an Israeli Jewish-religious state.
- Then, in 1947, under pressure from pro-Israelis in England
and the US, among others, the Brits withdrew from the Mandate, the cowardly
UN developed a partition plan that would forcibly insert an Israeli state
in the middle of the Land of Palestine, with Jerusalem to be an international
region administered by the UN.
- And on the 14th of May, 1948, the state of Israel was
announced, and the reign of terror against the Palestinians began -- their
lands, their properties, their freedoms, were savagely destroyed, and their
peoples forced to flee.
- Thus, is it strange that Hamas and other Palestinian
groups have called for the destruction of Israel?
- Is it strange that there is an Islamic animus against
the United States, who gives a lip-service amount of about $233,000 a day
to placate Palestine, but also gives, without accounting, over $15, 000,000
a day to the state of Israel?
- My question is this: Where were these voices lamenting
today's calls for the destruction of Israel, which has not happened, and
where were they in 1948 where the destruction of Palestine which did happen?
- Dr. E.A. Richards, P.E.
- 3141 So. 77th St. Suite 215
- Milwaukee, WI 53219