- Gee, wouldn't it be wonderful if, instead of wasting
time on televised presidential debates, one of the networks hosted a reality
TV show called "Lie-Detecting The Presidential Candidates?"
- Can you imagine the ratings? Better than the recent,
rigged superbowl game between the Steelers and Seahawks. Maybe Maury Povich
or Jerry Springer could host it.
- I'd love to hear hard-hitting questions asked about the
past lives and the future intentions of each candidate. But most of all,
I'd like to know who or what each person serves.
- "Senator McCain, if you were elected president,
would you continue to blindly serve the military-industrial complex,
as you appear to have been doing for the past 20 years? Have you ever met
an imperial war you didn't like?"
- "Senator Clinton, every president in recent memory
has perjured himself in taking the Oath of Office. If you were elected--as
the first woman president--would you permit yourself to be indicted and
convicted if you broke your sworn oath to uphold the US Constitution?"
- No marshmallow questions, please, Mr. Springer. No Fox
News-style flattery, Mr. Povich, no fawning or drooling on the candidates.
We Americans deserve an honest emperor.
- The Top Ten questions I would like to have asked of any
perspective presidential candidate are:
- 1--Would you start any pre-emptive wars, like the most
recent emperor who rigged (and won) the last two elections?
- 2-If you started a war (or wars) against a peaceful nation
that has not attacked the US, would you allow yourself to be handcuffed
and led out of office?
- 3-Would you permit snooping and spying on average American
citizens who exercise their First Amendment rights?
- 4-Would you promptly defend any high government official
who betrayed not only your trust but the trust of the American people?
- 5-Do you intend to serve special interests, allowing
them to make obscene profits through no-bid contracts?
- 6--After you appoint cronies who lack adequate qualifications
to high positions, will you accept the responsibility of their failure?
And How exactly will you bear the responsibility?
- 7-Will you seek special protection for people in your
administration who have committed high crimes and misdemeanors?
- 8-Will you hinder investigations into high crimes committed
by those you have appointed, or by those government officials who work
in your administration, or by yourself?
- 9-Will you do everything in your power to use your high
position to enrich or empower select close friends and associates?
- 10-Finally: you are caught lying, swindling, torturing
and attacking small countries while pontificating about high principles.
Will you admit your utter incompetence and resign--or will you commit some
terrorist act to create a diversion?
- If our candidates answered yes to any (or all) of
the above questions then wouldn't he or she be perfectly qualified to run
as American Emperor, either as a Republican or Democrat? Because, if you
browse the ten breaches of public trust above, you will observe that our
current president has broken every example.
- Cynical patriot and realist observer of the American
Scene, Douglas Herman writes regularly for Rense and believes black box
voting is Stalinist and corrupt - but no more corrupt than our presidential