- On Thursday, January 5, 2006, a fleet of spheres was
recorded over Madrid, Spain.
- The witness, identifying herself only as "Fortuna",
mentioned that she was taking a walk in Madrid's northwestern section,
photographing the landscape and some of the contrails left by passing airliners.
- "The sun was behind me and I was looking north.
I saw an airliner go by and suddenly I saw a group of elongated things
coming in from the East. At first I thought the airliner itself had ejected
something, but then I concentrated my gaze on them and forgot about the
- "I had the sensation that they [the unknown objects]
were elongated objects flying in formation. There was a large number of
them and I thought they could be birds, only to realize that this was not
the case -- they were small brillant spheres that blinked and flew in two
separate groups, heading west.
- "They were not flying in a straight line, only making
very small movements. I was stunned. It all took place very quickly, no
more than a minute elapsed from the moment I saw them until I stopped seeing
- "Both groups traveled swiftly and at a near distance;
it could be clearly seen that they flew together."
- (Translation (c) 2005, Scott Corrales, IHU. Special thanks
to Ana Luisa Cid and Pablo Dessy)