- Date: January 1976
- HBCC UFO Research Note: This report is one of a few sighting
reports I have received from ex-military serviceman who worked out of the
Cannon AFB. All the men filed reports on seeing numerous unknown objects
over the AFB back in January 1976.
- I have a list of military people who operated out of
the Cannon AFB and I am writing to each and everyone of them in hopes they
might be able to shed some more light on this major event. If possible
- Brian Vike - Director of HBCC UFO Research has set up
an telephone interview time with this gentleman who filed this report
below. Actually I will be doing the interview today. Later this month when
I appear for my regular guest spot of the Jeff Rense radio program, I will
be bringing this gentleman with me so he can relate his story to us all,
and it is going to be an amazing conversation.
- Lastly, and very important, I am looking for other military
service men and women who were at the Cannon AFB who has any knowledge
of the UFO events that took place at the base in 1976, would you be so
kind as to contact me with any information on the sightings. Always, please
keep in mind I will hold your personal information here, and I will not
release it to anyone. Also if any other military folks who have had an
encounter with something unexplainable over or around a military base,
would you be so kind as to contact me with the information. Brian Vike
can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my website which is given
in the report.
- Hello, my name is (removed). I just watched a SciFi program
on the 1947 Roswell NM UFO crash and got to researching an incident I witnessed
at Cannon AFB in January 1976. In my search I ran across your article
- I was working the Security Police Desk that night at
Cannon and was the one that called the report into Base Operations. A few
days later I also spoke with an individual from Washington DC. I don't
recall his name or department.
- The first report was from Sgt Whitt, who was stationed
on the outer perimeter of the flight-line. After that, several reports
came in from Base Patrols. I talked someone into handling the Desk
for me so I could have a peek.
- I was allowed into the flight tower and looked at the
objects (about a dozen or so) through a Starlight Scope. Flight Ops
was concerned enough to scramble 2 F11's to give chase. Around midnight
several of us went up onto the highway overpass and cut the overpass lights
for a better view. We watched them until almost dawn.
- About that time there were also several burned areas
in farmer's fields surrounding the Air Base. I saw two of the circles.
The burned circles were approximately 30 feet across and had a dead cow
in the center. All the flesh was burned from the cow, but no blood was
on the ground or apparently in the cow. Some of the cows had neat, clean burned
out cavities in the abdomen about a foot in diameter, and a foot or so
- I would like to thank you gentleman for his report and
looking forward to speaking with his shortly.
- Brian Vike, Director
- HBCC UFO Research
- Home - Phone 250 845 2189
- email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.hbccufo.com
- Redirect: http://www.canadianufo.com
- HBCC UFO RESEARCH Newsletter At: