- "At least six people were suspected yesterday of
having bird-flu - and allappear to have been in contact with birds before
they fell ill, informed sources said. The first person to be listed was
Thongpron Klompanya, 39, in Nakhon Pathom, after two initial lab tests
suggested he might have caught the deadly H5N1 virus."
- The six suspect cases in Thailand is cause for concern.
After claim no human H5N1 cases this year, the number of cases being
confirmed or testing is alarming. Two patients have already been independently
confirmed. They formed a familial cluster and now a neighbor appears to
- The two Thailand bird sequences from 2005 were similar
to 2004 isoaltes from Thailand, but these latest cases may have H5N1 wild
bird flu sequences.
- Release of the sequence data from isolates from these
recent human cases would be useful
- © 2005 Recombinomics. All rights reserved.