- Bob Pratt, a great UFO researcher
and a good friend, died last Saturday, 11-19-5.
- This is a very sad note. The distinguished American writer,
UFO researcher and journalist Bob Pratt is no longer with us. He served
as co-author of Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings, with J.
Allen Hynek, and was the author of UFO Danger in Brazil, translated and
published here as Perigo Alienígena no Brasil.
- It is very probable that no other foreign UFO researcher
had more knowledge about the Brazilian Ufology as Bob Pratt. He has been
13 times in the country and was the kind of field investigator who really
went deep into our country to where the facts are to be researched.
He helped a lot the Brazilian UFO researchers to best evaluate the dramatic
incidents of alien attacks in the Northeast of the country and in
- Bob's interest in the UFO Phenomena began when working
for the National Enquirer, and he was sent to many countries to investigate
UFO sightings and ET contacts, such as Argentina, Bolivia, Canada, Chile,
Japan, Mexico, Peru e Puerto Rico. Since 1975, he interviewed over 2 thousand
witnesses, many of them in Brazil. His passing is a great loss for worldwide
- Bob wrote articles for several UFO and non-UFO magazines.
He was for several years the editor of the renowned Mufon UFO Journal.
Last Friday, Bob had a heart attack and by Saturday, he was gone. There
will be a memorial service on Friday afternoon at his town, Lake
- Good bye, my friend. Wherever you are, you will be much
closer to the answers you pursued here on Earth.
- -- A. J. Gevaerd, editor Brazilian UFO Magazine