- Our unconfronted fear of death makes us kill all those
- When you cover up life with myth and ritual, you can't
see anything for what it is.
- A long time ago I wrote: "We are animals in the
sunshine, and we go to parrot school ... "
- So we feebly follow the inescapable echoes of our own
conditioning and predispositions, and this leads us to the dead end - the
species termination - we are now facing.
- Those men in European castles whose objective is to cull
the herd of its ragamuffin rifraff are also led by their echoes, demented
schemes of dominion rotting them from within in the dark shadows of their
own putrid souls, but of course that doesn't stop them from ever pandering
to the fecklessly faithful on their way to scheduled slaughters.
- As high-tech oppression closes in on us from all sides,
we seek sanctuary in the loving arms of another, only to see them drift
off, the quintessential ship under sail in the turbulent night of human
society. It was where you thought it was safe, that shoulder on the pillow.
As close to heaven as one can get on this furry plane of existence ....
- "What hope, then?" you ask. "We are speeding
toward dust. Where is the peace of mind located?"
- From my memory, the Chinese guys smile at me; well,
smirk, really. "You know what's out there," they chide me. "Walk
among the flames and you get burned."
- And I am reminded of the way of all living things, only
an indiscernible eyeblink in the mind of the universe, or an eternity of
misery for those in unfortunate locations wearing unfashionable skin.
- Those Chinese guys laugh at the question, "Where
is heaven?" Heck, they've been saying the same thing for 2500 years.
I love the way they seize up like fat cherubs before spitting out the obvious
- "It's right in front of you, always has been, always
- The quest for every living human on the planet is: Now
that you know that, what will you do about it?
- What will you do about your son who put a spittle of
bullets into the chest of a kerchiefed Iraqi woman while he was high on
Quaaludes and listening to heavy metal on his I-pod? What will you do when
he comes home, and his lovely government tells him to do the same thing
here, in New Orleans, to keep those mothers who were scrambling for Pampers
- What if your son was one of those British guys who were
caught trying to foment violence in Basra, revealing the whole sorry scam
of the U.S., Britain and Israel actually causing the very violence they
insist they are fighting? Can you say Osama bin Laden? Let's demand an
audit of his CIA pay stubs.
- It all fits perfectly if you know about 9-11, and how
the American government deliberately sacrificed 3,000 of its own citizens
so, in Zbigniew Brzezinski's words, we could be more autocratic abroad.
Even the Israelis' phony suicide bombing scheme has been exposed, although
they've taken it on the road with Blackwater mercenaries to Iraq with deadly
success. It's what they do.
- Did you ever spend a speck of time thinking about what
it was like to be living in the New Orleans Superdome waiting for a bus.
Your entire previous life's possessions were swamped under a chemically
poisoned brew, and the only words you heard were, "The bus is coming."
- That's the promise to the whole world vomited out by
the warped robots who control our lives, "The bus is coming."
A bus to nowhere that never comes. That's humanity's future, on its present
- That's what happened in New Orleans, waiting for that
bus (a Halliburton vehicle, I believe). And with her last drowning breath,
she cried: "Where is heaven?"
- So you rail at the meat grinder carousel as it spins
past, crushing and poisoning living beings without a second thought. So
far, most of you have not really been caught in it, but when you are, you'll
- It won't be heaven then, but for some, it still is, now.
Work to preserve what's left of what humans, in their small-minded blindness,
- For God's sake, man, use some common sense. If we let
these crimes pass unnoticed because we are in some way rewarded for them,
then we are only dooming ourselves and our children to more poison.
- The real god is time, and we must worship every millisecond
of it. Do what you think is right, and don't worry about the consequences.
Soon you will learn that actions you can take actually change the future.
And one day we will all learn that every single event in each our lives
has a tangible and measurable effect on every single bit, in every nook
and cranny, in every possible backwater truckstop in the entire universe.
- Heaven is a moment. It is now. Go there and do what you
can to fix the Garden of Eden. This is no random suggestion. If we don't
fix it, we all die, and soon. The only heaven is to build something that
all can use, and that's something we all dearly want. Make it real. And
make it kind. The only worthwhile thing human beings really possess is
- I'm telling you. It's right here, right now. Make it
- Any way you can make it happen is all right by me.
- John Kaminski is a writer who lives on the Gulf Coast
of Florida whose essays are seen on hundreds of websites around the world.