- FEMA was created in a series of Executive Orders. A Presidential
Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its
publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed. Executive Order
Number 12148 created the Federal Emergency Management Agency that is to
interface with the Department of Defense for civil defense planning and
funding. An "emergency czar" was appointed. FEMA has only spent
about 6 percent of its budget on national emergencies, the bulk of their
funding has been used for the construction of secret underground facilities
to assure continuity of government in case of a major emergency, foreign
- Executive Order Number 12656 appointed the National Security
Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This
allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance
of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the
United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups
of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders
and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.
- Here are just a few Executive Orders associated with
FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These
Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted
by the stroke of a Presidential pen:
- 1. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government
to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
- 2. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to
seize and control the communication media.
- 3. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to
take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.
- 4. EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to
take over all food resources and farms.
- 5. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to
mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
- 6. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to
take over all health, education and welfare functions.
- 7. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster
General to operate a national registration of all persons.
- 8. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to
take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
- 9. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and
Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public
funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for
- 10. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government
to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
- 11. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility
of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all
Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions
and economic or financial crisis.
- 12. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the
Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders,
to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative
liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions,
and to advise and assist the President.