- Imagine for a moment that you are outside playing with
your children and one of them disturbs one of your neighbors. A shouting
match ensued even though you have tried several times to apologize and
had your child apologize. Now a couple of days later a CPS worker shows
up with a report of "suspected" abuse by an anonymous tip.
- They never tell you who made the report. So having nothing
to hide, you let them in to see that your children are fine.
- You don't think that the bruise on your sons leg from
falling off his bike last week will matter. You don't think that because
the kids have been out back playing in the dirt will matter or that maybe
you haven't started the laundry or washed the days dishes yet, will matter.
The worker leaves and says you will hear from them if it is unfounded.
- They won't tell you that your adorable children fit the
profile of kids that the perfect foster parents are looking for. So after
a couple of days, the worker comes back with the police and takes your
children. It happens everyday in this country.
- You have no rights in their eyes. No warrant is needed.
- Now what? In a couple of days they let you see the children
if you are lucky. Your daughter's or son's hair may have been cut. They
may have been examined by a doctor and or psychiatrist. The worker(a different
one) now tells you that your children are saying that you abused them!
- Then you go to a hearing where the worker explains to
the judge or referee that you did this or that or some other form of abuse.
Now you get appointed a lawyer you have never spoken to before. The lawyer
says plead "no-contest" so you can get them back quicker. It
happens everyday in Genesee County.
- Then you get no say in court. Not a peep will they listen
to. The worker just stands up there spewing unbelievable lies and you can
do nothing. Then a month later you have to sign a "contract with about
eight things on it that you HAVE to do in order to get your children back.
If you refuse to sign, they make you sign a piece of paper that says you
refused to sign (which is the same as refusing services) which they WILL
use against you in court.
- Now you get a visit once a week with your children for
two hours. Every three months you go to a review hearing where you again
don't get to speak. They continue to lie about you and say you are non-compliant.
After fifteen months if the "contract" is not fulfilled they
start termination proceedings.
- If they terminate your rights, all future children are
taken when one day old and you can't stop them. Termination is then immediate.
The whole time that this is going on, your court-appointed attorney sits
there. Your 4th and 14th amendment rights have been stomped on and no one
cares. Your family is torn apart and no one believes you are innocent of
wrong doing. Your own family won't even believe you. Now what?
- You contemplate stealing your children back, you plan
revenge, you go crazy or commit suicide. It happens all the time in this
- The foster parents get subsidies for having your children
in their home. Then when they adopt, the government pays all their fees,
plus the government pays the state between $4,000.00 to 6,000.00 dollars
for every child adopted out of foster care. They continue to pay the adoptive
parents until each child turns eighteen. How do you feel now?
- The media is allowed to sit in on every case of child
abuse in this state. They only report the sensational ones where a child
is injured or killed. Why is That? With media coverage the fraud and lies
would be stopped. The "contracted doctors and psychiatrists"
would be exposed and the laws may get changed.
- So, I am asking that you cover the story of Emily Lake
and her mother, a Michigan mother and nine year old little girl pepper
sprayed TWICE by the police in PORTLAND OREGON. The mother is still NOT
facing any charges but doesn't have Emily either. Can you sleep at night
not doing anything? Please help us! Start covering these cases and help
us expose the corruption. Most DHS, CPS,HHS or DCFS workers aren't even
licensed. A law they overlook. How can someone with no license decide who
is or isn't a good parent?
- Thank You for reading this and doing something to help.
- Terry Wanston
- P.S. Go to the internet, type in "Fight CPS and
- The stories you will find there are honest parents trying
so desperately to get their children back. Approx. 26,000 children per
state every year get taken. Please help.
- Terry Lynn Wanston is the founder of the Michigan Foundation
For Childrens Rights . You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org> or call
her at (810)785-2224
- Portland Police Vie with Anne Frank's Captors for 'Nazi
Raiders of the Century' Award (Aug. 14, 2005)
- Emily Lake: Interstate Child Protective Services Fraud
and Abuse Case (re. Portland raid Aug. 21, 2005)