- Different reactions were heard from surprise, curiosity,
confusion and even some laughs among the people who continued shouting
"OVNIs!!" The newspaper reporters were taking photos and the
television crew videotaped the entire spectacle. Governor Beltran took
the microphone and said jokingly: "It seems the martians have arrived!!"
- The people wondered if the strange objects could be balloons
of some kind, or real UFOs like those so many times reported over Mexico.
However, the engimatic flying objects remained almost static in the sky
in formation describing a triangle pattern in perfect alignment for almost
- On Friday night, TV Azteca presented the report with
videos on their national tv newscast giving the account of the unprecedent
incident. On Saturday June 25 the Diario de Xalapa newspaper as well as
others published on main headlines the unusual event under the title: Luminous
Objects caught the attention during official act.
- Special thanks to Arturo del Moral.
- Santiago Yturria
- UPDATE - Xalapa's newspaper
attempts to debunk UFO sighting
- by Santiago Yturria
- Last Friday's June 24 UFO sighting over Xalapa has continued
causing stir among the local residents and the mexican ufologic circles
due to the nature of the event that took by surprise Xalapa´s society
as well as their local authorities including governor Fidel Herrera Beltran
- The incident was reported by Xalapa's newspapers and
TV Azteca on national television newscast. Their own images videotaped
during the official event coverage have been shown on subsequent newscast
editions by their affiliates nationwide. According to the media the incident
- Today in a short article El Diario de Xalapa newspaper
tried to desqualify the sighting saying that those objects in the sky were
just balloons released by some kids on Friday morning. El Diario mentioned
a single witness as their information source, a sever years old girl named
just " Adriana " , a student from a local school who said some
kids released balloons that morning.
- This statement could not be confirmed by the school's
director neither by the teachers or the students. Assuming this is a lone
testimonial it should be investigated more further to determine it's validity,
however this kid " Adriana " has not been located yet by the
- It's important to take note of some considerations regarding
this story and the implications of the diferent leveled witnesses involved.
Besides there are enough materials in video and testimonials to be evaluated
as evidences in this investigation an determine the real nature of the
- At diference of most common UFO sightings in Mexico witnessed
by the people this particular incident was witnessed by a governor and
his staff, a police department officials and media representatives so we
can presume this was indeed an official sighting if we may say so.
- Then we may wonder if it was posible that these local
authorities along with the media were just " fooled " by a bunch
of balloons interrupting an official ceremony converting the formal act
into a whole " Fiesta " among the joy and excitement of the people
gathered there. The police members are trained experienced officers in
matters of recognizement operatives. The television people reacts most
of the time objective to this type of sighting incidents.
- All of them reacted surprised to the phenomena and could'nt
give any plausible explanation at the end. Now this Diario de Xalapa's
reporter comes with a single witness, a kid who said they were balloons
implying all the people at casa Veracruz were fooled on Friday June 24.
Could this be posible ? Seems unlikely. More research must be done.
- There are some facts that still have not been answered
or explained by this reporter during the course of this investigation and
by consequence of his latest article.
- Definitively the most compelling is the lenght of the
sighting, from 10:30 AM to almost 11:00 AM. Questioned how it was posible
for a bunch of balloons to remaing at that position in the sky for almost
30 minutes without changing it's pattern. The question was not answered.
- It result interesting that governor Fidel Herrera Beltran
after some minutes that the sighting took place he continued reviewing
the new police patrol units while the attention of the people was divided
from the official act and the UFO spectacle. Sometime later governor Herrera
returned to the stage and looking again to the sky he realized the UFOs
were still there.
- Then he took the microphone again and began counting
the objects: One, two - Thirteen, fourteen to the smiles of the people.
Quite a unique reaction if those were common ballons.
- This incident will continue in discussion for sometime
and also awakening a controversy. There are, at this time, several lines
of investigation including an official one. The case is certainly recent
and rich in materials to be studied and evaluated in order to reach a satisfactory
conclusion if any.
- What we can confirm at this stage is the definitive awareness
among the mexican people to this phenomena and their positive reaction
confronting these sightings. Now the mexican authorities are also involved
in these strange events witnessing by themselves what a whole nation has
been reporting for quite awhile.
- Santiago Yturria.
- I'm sending you these jpgs of the UFO fleet sighting
over Xalapa this Friday June 24 as reported this morning by local newscast
INFO 7, a TV Azteca affiliate here in Monterrey as they are following the
story for several days.
- In the meanwhile I'm expecting to receive the videos
and the original TV Azteca Friday's report from Xalapa sometime this week.
I'll send you more updates on this story as well as images.
- I just received a new report of a UFO fleet sighting
videotaped over San Luis, Potosi the same day of the Xalapa's sighting
Friday June 24. So we have now two sightings of UFO fleets from diferent
cities with videos.
- I'll send you this new report with images as soon I receive
the video and testimonials from San Luis.