- Yahoo tracks all of its users everywhere on the web and
the way to opt-out is detailed below. If you have a Yahoo e-mail account
or belong to one of Yahoo's many Yahoo groups, this probably applies to
you. Yahoo has probably been tracking everything you do online. Follow
the instructions precisely to opt out of this. Notice the important part
at the very end.
- "Yahoo is now using something called 'Web Beacons'
to track Yahoo Group users around the net and see what you're doing and
where you are going similar to cookies. Yahoo is recording every website
and every group you visit.
- Take a look at their updated privacy statement:
- About half-way down the page, in the section on cookies,
you will see a link that says web beacons. Click on the phrase web beacons.
- That will bring you to a paragraph entitled "Outside
the Yahoo Network."
- In this section you'll see a little "click here
to opt out" link that will let you "opt-out" of their new
method of snooping.
- Once you have clicked that link, you are exempted. Notice
the "Success" message on the top of the next page. Be careful
because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that,
if clicked, will **undo** the opt-out. So don't reflexively click that
button, or you will undo the opt-out ! Feel free to forward this to other