- There is no question that the US Food & Drug Administration
(FDA) is owned and operated as an adjunct to Big Pharma. It is.
- FDA executives are at the beck and call of Planet Earth's
pharmaceutical industry. They don't even bother to hide that fact. FDA
leaders see their role as four things: (1) get as many mega-dangerous
drugs as possible approved as fast as possible, with the least amount of
testing, (2) turn a blind eye towards, and cover up as much negative drug
information (adverse reaction) as possible (3) act as a marketing partner
for Big Pharma, (4) use their authority to attack, and harass, Big Pharma's
competitors for health dollars.
- The US FDA is one of "Medicine's" top war tools
in the battle raging, worldwide, between the forces for "Health"
versus "Medicine." All over the US, flak-jacketed FDA thugs,
accompanied by other government agencies, smash their way into "health"
related establishments, screaming, battering, scattering, seizing, grabbing
- establishing emotional and financial chaos to anyone who dares to compete
with Big Pharma's interests - with some effect.
- Despite this "health" is winning, everywhere.
- One of Big Pharma's major competitors is the vitamin/supplement
industry. Big Pharma wants to stop it, or slow it as much as possible,
and they have two major tools working for them: (1) the US FDA, and (2)
- We'll talk more about "Codex" later.
- The FDA, not long ago, attacked the supplement industry,
using the ruse that "Ephedra," an ingredient commonly used in
supplements worldwide for hundreds of years, was somehow so suddenly dangerous
that it needed to be taken off the market, immediately. And, a ruse it
- But yesterday, a Federal Judge in Utah smacked the FDA
right in the face, hard. Read the press release below...
- Court Rules in Favor of Nutraceutical
- Park City, Utah (April 14, 2005) - Nutraceutical International
Corporation (NASDAQ: NUTR) today announced an important court decision
that it believes will benefit its retail customers and the public. On April
13, 2005, the United States District Court for the District of Utah, Central
Division, granted Nutraceutical,s motion for summary judgment against FDA
in Nutraceutical,s lawsuit involving FDA,s Final Rule on Ephedra.
- Mr. Bruce Hough, President of Nutraceutical, commented
that yesterday,s decision "is, in our view, about protecting the public,s
access to safe and effective dietary supplements and in clarifying the
meaning of the 1994 Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA).
The Court,s ruling clarifies the steps FDA must take to comply with the
law in its regulation of dietary supplements.
- Mr. Hough continued, "The Court made it clear that
FDA has authority under DSHEA to remove unsafe dietary ingredients from
the market. But the Court also clarified that FDA must follow DSHEA and
cannot treat dietary supplements like drugs or medical devices. The Court
made other important findings, pointing out that Congress intended that
dietary supplements be treated as a subset of foods and, like other foods,
are "presumed to be safe.
- Nutraceutical and its subsidiary Solaray, Inc. marketed
whole-herb ephedra as a dietary supplement from 1988 until April of 2004.
At the time the Final Rule on Ephedra was issued, Nutraceutical and Solaray,s
product contained directions limiting dosage to 10 mg. or less of naturally
occurring ephedrine alkaloids per daily serving. Under the Court,s Order,
FDA,s Final Rule on Ephedra has been remanded to FDA for further rulemaking
consistent with the Order, and FDA has been enjoined from taking enforcement
action against Nutraceutical or Solaray for the sale of dietary supplements
containing 10 mg. or less of ephedrine alkaloids per daily dose. FDA has
the right to appeal the Court,s decision.
- A complete copy of the Court,s decision may be found
- Health Radio personality Robert Scott Bell will be interviewing
Nutraceutical President Bruce Hough this Sunday, April 17th, 2005, about
the case, from 1:00PM to 2:00PM. Hough will be backed up by author Mike
Fillon of "Ephedra: Fact and Fiction" fame. Robert's show plays
nationwide, and can be found by going to his list of http://rsbell.com/radio/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=239
- For those of you that are unfamiliar with Robert Scott
Bell and his show, the following commentary by Robert, on this issue says
- Of course, this vindicates author Mike Fillon and his
book Ephedra: Fact and Fiction, confirming the faulty conclusion and sloppy
science that led to the "banning" of a dietary supplement, while
allowing its synthetic cousin, pharmaceutical pseudo-ephedrine to remain
on the market, providing a cheap source of raw materials for the manufacture
of "street" methamphetamines. You've got to hand it to the FDA
for its sheer audacity and consistency in protecting pharmaceutical interests
from having to genuinely compete with substances from nature.
- The FDA's black eye keeps getting blacker. I hear the
- It is getting really hard to find friends, these days,
if you're Big Pharma. Merck recently announced that it can't find anybody
to take over as its CEO.
- Big Pharma isn't doing well, worldwide. Just a few days
ago, in my newsletter article http://www.quackpotwatch.org/opinionpieces/ComingCodexWar.htm
- The Coming "US Health Movement v. Big Pharma"
- Codex War..., I announced the demise, in EU Court, of
Big Pharma's attempt to shut down the supplement industry. But little
did I know at the time that day, Tuesday, April 5th, 2005, would go down
in the annals as a double-whammy of Big Pharma's murderous intent.
- Then I did "UK Parliament SMASHES Big Pharma"...
- And, this story you are almost NOT going to believe.
I'm going to have to convince you with data. To do that I'm going to tell
you that you are going to have to do what I just did - you're going to
have to read a 126 page report just issued by the British government titled"House
of Commons Health Committee - THE INFLUENCE OF THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY"
- The British government is setting up the "guillotine"
for Big Pharma. There's going to be a "Bastille Day" in London.
Sell your pharmaceutical stock - quick.
- We are heading for a health care http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/nuremberg/nuremberg.htm
- "Nuremberg..." And, it's about time...
- Stay tuned...
- Tim Bolen - Consumer Advocate
- For EVEN MORE interesting and related articles go to
- From Dr. Betty Martini, Mission Possible International
- Read the Ephedra Story on http://www.wnho.net Click on Aspartame ---
and now from Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D. (and readers you can help
save athlete's lives by forwarding these releases to all athletic organizations!!)
- Athlete Alert: Renowned Neurosurgeon Identifies Aspartame
& MSG in Sudden Cardiac Death
- Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D. explains the relationship
between sudden cardiac death, especially in athletes, and excitotoxic damage
produced by food additives and artificial sweeteners.
- (PRWEB) April 14, 2005 -- Dr. Russell Blaylock, an author
and neurosurgeon, explains the relationship between sudden cardiac death,
especially in athletes, and excitotoxic damage caused by food additives
and artificial sweeteners. -- By Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.
- Over 460,000 people annually die of a disorder called
sudden cardiac death, according to CDC statistics. This condition strikes
otherwise healthy people who have experienced no obvious symptoms of heart
disease prior to their abrupt deaths.
- An alarming number young athletes are included in these
deaths, in high schools and colleges as well as among professional athletes.
While in some of these individuals cardiologists found evidence of coronary
disease and scars from earlier silent heart attacks, there is one mechanism
that's getting no attention at all: the excitotoxin damage caused by food
additives and the artificial sweetener aspartame. This is despite growing
evidence that the excitotoxic mechanism plays a major role in cardiac disease.
- Previously, it was thought that excitotoxic food additives,
such as monosodium glutamate and aspartic acid in aspartame, cause their
damage in the cardiovascular centers in the brain stem and/or by over-stimulating
sympathetic centers in the hypothalamus of the brain. Both mechanisms have
resulted in sudden cardiac death in experimental animals.
- A particularly deadly combination occurs in young athletes:
Low magnesium intake, high calcium intake, low intake of omega-3 fatty
acids and excitotoxins in food additives. Strenuous exercise, especially
in extreme heat, depletes the body's magnesium stores, as does consumption
of carbonated drinks and taking calcium supplements. Also adrenalin secretion,
increased during exercise, intensifies heart muscle irritability and further
loss of magnesium as well. When calcium supplements are taken in the face
of an existing magnesium deficiency, both magnesium and calcium are driven
into the bones, producing a sudden magnesium-depletion crisis.
- Low magnesium produces seizures and causes sudden cardiac
arrest. In a classic experiment it was found that stressing magnesium-deficient
animals resulted in an almost 100% mortality from sudden cardiac arrest.
Adding magnesium reduced mortality dramatically. A considerable body of
evidence has shown that low omega-3 fat intake significantly increases
the risk and severity of cardiac arrhythmias, the main cause of sudden
- A number of studies have shown that Americans are significantly
deficient in these protective fats. Finally, recent research has shown
that the brain is not the only tissue having glutamate receptors. Numerous
glutamate receptors have been found both within the heart's electrical
conduction system and the heart muscle itself.
- When an excess of food-borne excitotoxins, such as MSG,
hydrolyzed protein soy protein isolate and concentrate, natural flavoring,
sodium caseinate and aspartate from aspartame, are consumed, these glutamate
receptors are over-stimulated, producing cardiac arrhythmias. When magnesium
stores are low, as we see in athletes, the glutamate receptors are so sensitive
that even low levels of these excitotoxins can result in cardiac arrhythmias
- This is especially so when combined with the other factors
mentioned. Under such condition, free radicals and lipid eroxidation products
build up within the muscle cells, leading to the same outcome.
- High consumption of aspartame adds an additional cardiac
muscle toxin: methanol. A number of studies have shown that consuming aspartame
and MSG (and similar excitotoxins) together greatly magnifies the toxicity.
- Young people live on junk foods, most of which contain
a number of excitotoxic additives. Several studies have shown that the
levels consumed by our youth equal those that cause damage in experimental
animals. Humans are 5X more sensitive to these toxins than any animal.
- The same factors operate in older individuals. Most people
over age 50 years are depleted of magnesium, have low omega-3 fat intakes,
are under stress and take a number of medications which compromise nutrition,
especially magnesium levels. Because seniors are more likely to have coronary
artery disease plus other medical conditions, their risk of sudden cardiac
death is even higher.
- Both athletes and those over age 45 should take magnesium
supplements, antioxidants, omega-3 oils, eat more vegetables and avoid
foods and artificial sweeteners containing excitotoxins such as aspartame
and MSG. This accomplishes a lot more than attempting to rescue a victim
with an external defibrillator after the fact.
- Dr. Blaylock's web site is <http://www.russellblaylockmd.com>www.russellblaylockmd.com.
He is author of "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills and Health &
Nutrition Secrets to Save Your Life." He can be seen in the movie
on aspartame, "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World."
- Copies are available from Cori@soundandfuryproductions.com
- Case histories now being taken on aspartame and brain
tumors from New York, New Jersey, Illinois and Mississippi in the last
three years. Send to Bettym19@mindspring.com (Dr. Betty Martini, 770 242-2599)
Read Bressler Report at http://www.dorway.com/bressler.txt
- Also, The FDA blamed deaths on ephedra and removed it
from the market. The FDA records on ephedra were reviewed by the renowned
neuroscientist Dr. John Olney who founded the field of neuroscience called
excitotoxicity and tried to prevent the approval of aspartame and said
ephedra is safe.
- The Ephedra story is on http://www.wnho.net
- In the movie, "Sweet Misery," Diane Fleming
is interviewed from prison. Her husband, an aspartame addict, who played
basketball several times a week, died and she was charged with his death.
Several experts have written affidavits that Charles Fleming died from
- Dr. Betty Martini
- Mission Possible Intl
- 9270 River Club Parkway, Duluth, Georgia 30097
- 770 242-2599
- Aspartame Toxicity Center:
- Aspartame Information List:
- Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding information
in these press releases please contact the company listed in the press
release. Please do not contact PR Web. We will be unable to assist you
with your inquiry. PR Web disclaims any content contained in these releases.
Our complete disclaimer appears <http://www.prweb.com//disclaimer.php>here.
- © Copyright 1997-2004, PR Web. All Rights Reserved