- UFO Fleet Over Hornopiren
- Eyewitnesses saw UFO flying over Cerro Hornopirén
for over 60 seconds.
- Around 15:00 hours Walter Jara
and his cousin Luis Aguilar saw a UFO for over a minute over Cerro Hornopirén.
According to Jara's account, the UFO flew over the summit before his startled
eyes, and a few seconds later, he gathered his wits and managed to take
a digital photo of the object.
- Jara said that at the moment of the photograph he was
not aware of the flying objects that flew over the perimeter vertically.
He was surprised a few minutes later. At first, he thought that it could
have been a spot on the camera lens.
- But after keeping the UFO in sight for 60 seconds, his
perception and that of his cousin were changed.
- According to his story, the flying saucers were not visible
in plain sight. However, when he zoomed the camera lens, he was able to
see them clearly. It was a moment of wonder and amazement, said Jara. "The
day was clear and cloudless. The object oscillated vertically in the sky.
I don't think it was a bird because they move differently."
- He added that the UFO was grey in color and oval-shaped.
- Jara's friend Fernando Garcés said that his family
lives in Hornopirén and has never seen any object with the characteristics
mentioned by Walter Jara. The Meterology Office attached to Puerto Montt's
Tepual Airport discarded the possibility that weather balloons could be
involved, since these are launched at 8:00 and fly over the area for a
maximum time of 2 hours. According to weather official Gastón Muñoz,
by eleven o'clock the balloons have burst.
- Translation (c) 2005 Scott Corrales, IHU. Special thanks
to Liliana Núnez