- (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
- (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are
- (C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
- (Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of Health Human Services)
- (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
- Yes, that is 80 million.
- (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all
age groups, is 1,500.
- (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is
- Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times
more dangerous than gun owners.
- Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."
- FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS
AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
- Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We
must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!
- Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld
the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic
and seek medical attention.