- Let me just say that when a writer on the scene of a
dangerous story deliberately leaves his windows open a crack when he goes
to sleep at night so nearby bombs won't break them when they explode -
and the formula works, although the front door, which was closed tight,
DOES blow in! - well, you have a person whose commitment to an important
story that needs to be told sets an example for every writer on the planet.
- As an editor, I can truly say that this is what reporting
- not to mention courage and humanity - is all about.
- Such a person - a writer, reporter, and seeker of truth
- is Dahr Jamail, whose riveting dispatches as an "unembedded"
reporter in Iraq have enabled millions to transcend the mainstream media
blackout of real news from that tragic venue and better understand the
horrific crimes that are being committed by crazy killers in the name of
the American people.
- Read a quick interview with him at http://www.newtopiamagazine.net/content/issue19/features/DahrJamail.php
- See for yourself about what's really happening in Iraq
- Jamail's vivid narratives about widespread war crimes
in Iraq can be seen on numerous other websites, notably uruknet.com (which
everyone should subscribe to) and rense.com (which most everybody does
already look at).
- People repeatedly ask me: since I can't get any real
news from TV or mainstream newspapers, what should I be reading?
- There are several ways to answer: best websites, best
stories, and best writers. I wrote a best websites story (too long ago,
and now out of date), best stories I'm working on, but best writers is
a topic that has been on my mind for a long time.
- I've written about a lot of topics, and people have said
nice things about me. But each time they do, I always think about the shoulders
of the giants I stand upon to get my information. Perhaps a more appropriate
title for this should be "My favorite writers" rather than "The
best writers." In any case, this is just my feeble attempt to thank
them, and introduce them to you in case you haven't had the chance to experience
their indispensable reports on what's really happening.
- Think of it as a real chance to transcend the media mindlock
that is - no exaggeration - killing this planet
- So, without further adieu - except to say my criteria
are vital topics, thorough research, the ability to describe and enrapture,
and some awareness of the manipulated lies that all of us are being told
- here's my list of the ten most important writers on the Internet.
- 1. Dahr Jamail
- 2. Amy Worthington
- 3. Michel Chossudovsky
- 4. Webster Tarpley
- 5. Joe Vialls
- 6. Dave MacGowan
- 7. Chris Floyd
- 8. Mark Morford
- 9. Christopher Bollyn
- 10. Xymphora
- OK, let's expand it to 25.
- John Pilger, Henry Makow, Kurt Nimmo, Maureen Farrell,
Mike Whitney, Bev Harris, William Blum, Sherman Skolnick, Bob Feldman,
Stan Goff, Michael Collins Piper, Paul Levy, Leuren Moret, Dr. Ron Paul,
- I've left many great writers off this list, some deliberately,
especially those I talk to regularly, so as to avoid any hint of nepotism
or personal favoritism. Though I stopped at 25 names, there are hundreds
it would behoove everyone to read. My apologies to those unmentioned; you
know who you are. Feel free to write me and complain, and I'll either apologize
and agree, or tell you why they're not on this list.
- If the goal of decent people everywhere is to gather
the information and take action to try to make this world and honest and
just place, well, these writers will help you travel a considerable distance
toward that goal.
- In the interest of space, I will list a link for most
writers, but better is to type (or copy and paste) these names into the
Google searchline and choose from among the hundreds of links that will
emerge for each.
- 1. Dahr Jamail. If you want to really know what's going
on in Iraq and want to escape this jaundiced bias that has most Americans
in its grip and unaware that the U.S. continuing mass murder is a certain
crime against everything human and holy - and if you want to see what real
reporting is all about - read Jamail's dispatches (link above). He is the
bravest writer I know, and that is the most important quality.
- 2. Amy Worthington has done more to explain the government's
attack on our atmosphere and our health than perhaps any other person.
If one paragraph can describe a person's entire output, it is this one,
from her masterful overview titled Aerosol and Electromagnetic Weapons
In The Age Of Nuclear War:
- "We continually witness bizarre meteorological occurrences
as powerful electromagnetic devices manipulate both the jet stream and
individual storm fronts to create artificial weather and climatic conditions.
Black operations projects embedded within these aerosol missions are documented
to sicken and disorient select populations with biological test agents
and psychotronic mind/mood control technologies."
- See http://www.rense.com/general59/aerosolandelectromag.htm
- 3. Michel Chossudovsky not only runs one of the best
news sites on the web, the Center for Research on Globalization http://www.globalresearch.ca/
but has had the unique talent of taking the most important questions of
our time and distilling them down to readable, accurate, and mercifully
brief explanations of the phenomena being discussed. From "Washington's
New World Order Weapons Can Trigger Climate Change" to "Who is
Osama bin Laden?," he cuts to the quick on all manner of topics about
which we have been lied to by mainstream media.
- 4. Webster Tarpley, famous co-author of "George
Bush: The Unauthorized Biography," brings a formidable grip of history
to his comments on current events. Two of his best recent offerings include
"9/11 Synthetic Terrorism" on the best new 9/11 website http://reopen911.org/index.htm
and my own personal favorite, The Versailles Thesis http://www.members.tripod.com/~american_almanac/versaill.htm
which will tell you as much about the real history of the past two centuries
as you could ever hope to know.
- 5. Controversial Australian journalist Joe Vialls consistently
produces the most jaw-dropping analyses of current events on the web, from
behind-the-scenes analyses of terror bombings (like, who really did them)
to his magnificent overview of the future of the Western Hemisphere, Fortress
America http://www.joevialls.co.uk/myahudi/fortress1.html, which reveals
the Zionists' real plan to move and expand Eretz Israel once the Middle
East has been destroyed in a nuclear Armageddon.
- 6. Dave MacGowan has written the best single overview
of 9/11 http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr69.html and his Center for an
Informed America website http://davesweb.cnchost.com/index.html provides
indispensable analyses of topics of interest to us all.
- 7. Chris Floyd is a trenchant columnist for the Moscow
Times whose essays are forwarded to others possibly more than anyone else
in the world. He consistently hits the nail of real information right on
the head with comments like this:
- "This column stands foursquare with the Honorable
Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, when he warns that there
will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and civilization
at large. We know, as does the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary
of Defense, that this statement is an incontrovertible fact, a matter
of scientific certainty. And how can we and the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld,
U.S. Secretary of Defense, be so sure that there will be more terrorist
attacks against the American people and civilization at large? Because
these attacks will be instigated at the order of the Honorable Donald
H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense."
- 8. Mark Morford. The only mainstream media member of
this list, this columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle is easily the
funniest writer on the net, but best of all, cloaked in his razorlike humor
is an understanding of the world that in simply not seen almost anywhere
else in medialand. Consider:
- "Right now. This minute. As I type this and as you
read this and as false Texas dictators rise and sad empires crumble and
as this mad bewildered world spins in its frantically careening orbit,
there's a nearly 50/50 chance that some sort of devious synthetic chemical
manufactured by some massive and largely heartless corporation is coursing
through your bloodstream and humping your brain stem and molesting your
karma and kicking the crap out of your libido and chattering the teeth
of your very bones."
- I like to say I can never get out of the first paragraph
of one of his stories without breaking into a knowing belly laugh. His
- "He is also a yoga teacher and fiction writer and
an outstanding parallel parker and fervent wine devotee and former smoker
and former LA rock-god wannabe and careful insinuator and occasional unfair
mudslinger and frequent skeptic and sporadic true believer and paradoxical
contrarian and tattooed love-monkey and vehement non-conservative and casual
coffee drinker and ardent dog lover and medium sleeper and comparison shopper
and funky subtle prurient neo-pagan gleaner of screaming delicious naked
- 9. Christopher Bollyn is the big gun of American Free
Press (one of the two most honest weekly newspapers in America) who tackles
all the big subjects and never fails to unearth astonishing facts (like
the fires that burned for weeks under the rubble of the collapsed World
Trade Center) with a profound clarity and objectivity expressed in ways
- "A year into what has become an increasingly grim
occupation, a chorus of senior journalists are now saying what American
Free Press has said all along: the mainstream media "failed the American
public" with its uncritical acceptance of the administration's dubious
claims about the need to invade Iraq."
- 10. If you want just one daily stop to get a very quick
fix on what's going on in the world, that place would be Xymphora Blogspot.
Usually only a few paragraphs each day, it targets one important subject
and provides a unique perspective that never fails to enlighten. Who Xymphora
actually is I have no clue, except that his comments are among the most
frequently passed around on the net.
- OK, that was a lot of information passed really fast.
We'll recap the rest of the list even faster.
- * John Pilger is the famous Australian journalist/filmmaker
who never loses sight of the most significant political issue of our times,
the Israeli genocide of the Palestinians.
- * Henry Makow is the controversial Canadian Jew who points
out that Zionists harm Jews as much as anyone else, and that the real center
of the worldwide totalitarian tyranny is in London.
- * Kurt Nimmo is an accomplished journalist known for
solid reporting and a savvy blog at http://www.kurtnimmo.com/blog/
- * Maureen Farrell is an evocative Buzzflash columnist
whose pieces are archived at http://www.buzzflash.com/farrell/archives.html
- * Mike Whitney is an outstanding Counterpunch columnist
whose pieces can be seen all over the web, like this one. http://www.aljazeerah.info/Opinion%20editorials/2004%20opinions/March/3%20o/Bush
- * Bev Harris is the driving force behind Black Box Voting
who has done more to reveal the hoax that American elections have become
than any other single person.
- * William Blum is the premier chronicler of America's
unjust invasions of other countries. http://members.aol.com/bblum6/American_holocaust.htm
- * Sherman Skolnick is the mindboggling, encyclopedic
investigator of the nasty underbelly of American history. It is safe to
say you'll never be the same after reading Skolnick.
- * Bob Feldman is the principal revealer of the Gatekeeper
syndrome, one of the most important phenomena in understanding what's really
going on with American media.
- * Stan Goff is an ex-military guy whose view of American
politics shows what happens when soldiers grow up and become human beings.
- * Michael Collins Piper is the author of the best book
on the Kennedy assassination and perceptive commentator on current events
for the American Free Press. http://www.serendipity.li/zionism/final_jgmt_reviews.htm
- * Paul Levy is an uncommon spiritual analyst among whose
essay titles is "Christ Would Not Support Bush."
- * Leuren Moret is the world's foremost chronicler of
America's tragic involvement with depleted uranium weapons. http://www.sfbayview.com/081804/Depleteduranium081804.shtml
- * Dr. Ron Paul is one of only a handful of conscientious
members of Congress who pronouncements sustain the fleeting hope that one
day we will have an honest government.
- * Kevin MacDonald is a California professor whose works
on Judaism from an Evolutionary Perspective furnish penetrating insights
into contemporary politics. http://www.csulb.edu/~kmacd/books.html
- Whew. That's a lot of information, particularly if you
spend any time in the links.
- Two traits characterize everyone on this list. First
is a willingness to look behind the veneer of media-described events to
investigate subjects of primary importance to our continued survival. Second
is not to be cowed into conformity by the inducements of lying for money
which afflicts so many of our so-called journalists.
- If our popular media were dominated by personalities
like these, the world would certainly not in the trouble that it is now,
where civilization has been captured by a small group of rich people who
manipulate our reality and plunder our resources for their own selfish,
greedy, and evil purposes.
- I give you this list as a gift of hope, to show you that
it is possible that honest people CAN rule the world, if the rest of us
would only listen to the descriptions by these wonderful writers, and try
to be as honest as they are.
- John Kaminski is a writer who lives on the Gulf Coast
of Florida and whose Internet essays can be seen on hundreds of websites
around the world. These essays have been collected into two anthologies,
the latest of which is titled "The Perfect Enemy." For more information
go to http://www.johnkaminski.com/