- MEDIA RELEASE
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005
- Contact: IntelDesk@MediaVillage.net
- NATIONAL PARK SERVICE WEBCAM PHOTOGRAPHS UNKNOWN FLYING
OBJECT OVER U.S. CAPITOL: IMAGE WAS SENT OUT OVER WEB
- A webcam that sends images of the U.S. Capitol area over
the Web reportedly photographed an unusual unidentified object over the
area in the early morning hours today. The image was photographed over
the U.S. Capitol between approximately 3:15 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. EST Feb
- The webcam is reportedly operated by the National Park
Service and is located at The Netherlands Carillon, on the Virginia shore
of the Potomac River, bordering the northern end of Arlington National
Cemetery and adjacent to The United States Marine Corps War Memorial. The
camera faces east.
- The image shows an apparently large, flat, metallic-appearing
object with the Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and U.S. Capitol
building in the background.
- Among the Web sites that received the image was IntelDesk.com,
a site that carries international news feeds and satellite imagery and
specializes in global intelligence on international developments, science,
culture, economics, military topics and other subjects.
- A researcher with IntelDesk.com reported that he spotted
the image on the webcam feed at approximately 3:15 a.m. EST. After making
inquiries, the researcher determined that other people had also observed
the image on the same webcam feed. Subsequently, IntelDesk.com posted the
images on their site. The IntelDesk.com researcher contacted National Park
Service police as well as the National UFO Reporting Center (NUFORC).
- The images posted on IntelDesk.com and a link to the
photos appears on IntelDesk.com's main news page. The images can also be
- Peter B. Davenport, Director of NUFORC (NUFORC.org),
also reportedly viewed the webcam image of the object.
- The webcam photo shows only a side view, so it was unclear
if the object was triangle or boomerang shaped or some other configuration.
- The incident was reported on the Web by UK-based ProFindPages.com
which carried the following story Feb. 12 and can be accessed via Google
News by typing in "UFO"
- UFO SIGHTED OVER WASHINGTON DC, 10 FEB
- THIS LATEST UFO REPORT WAS BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION BY
- WHILST DOING SOME MAINTENANCE ON ANOTHER SITE, THEY CAME
ACROSS "SOMETHING ODD ABOUT THE WASHINGTON IMAGE FEED". SOME
SCREEN SHOTS WERE TAKEN AND A UFO APPEARS IN THE IMAGE. TO GO TO THEIR
SITE [INTELDESK.COM] AND VIEW THE FULL DETAILS.
- THERE ARE A NUMBER OF SCREENSHOTS TAKEN AT VARIOUS TIMES,
IN ONE, THE SKY APPEARS TO DARKEN CONSIDERABLY IN JUST A FEW MINUTES (FOLLOWING
THE APPEARANCE OF THE OBJECT).
- THE UFO SIGHTING WAS REPORTED TO THE NATIONAL UFO REPORTING
CENTER WHO SEEM TO AGREE THAT IT WAS UNUSUAL, BUT OBVIOUSLY WITHOUT FURTHER
INVESTIGATION IT WILL BE DIFFICULT TO SAY EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS.
- PERHAPS IF ANYONE ELSE SAW THIS STRANGE OBJECT IN THE
SKY OVER WASHINGTON DC AT 03:15 EST FEB 10, 2005, THEY CAN CONTACT THE
SITE THAT SUPPLIED THIS INFORMATION WITH FURTHER DETAILS?
- Many sightings of triangle or boomerang shaped objects
have been reported around the globe. it has been unclear if they are advanced
U.S. stealth aircraft technology, unmanned craft or some other type of
- Although these kinds of craft have been spotted in Europe
and elsewhere, one of the most well-known sightings was the so- called
"Phoenix lights when a very large triangle or boomerang shaped object
with large, evenly-spaced lights slowly cruised over metropolitan Phoenix,
Arizona, the evening of March 13, 1997.
From the webmaster at mediavillage:
- Commercial flights avoid that time period, there is a
noise restriction, according to airport website. I can see no flights in
that period on the flight schedule
- New Image -- Another Aircraft
- DATE: 14 FEB 2005
- TIME: NZST 12:34PM
- After reading your article re. Washington invisible UFO,
I went to the site and over about the space of an hour refreshed the webcam
page on & off and lo! Same ship, different location with a buddy!