- It's not the stolen election or the war crimes committed
in my name. It's not the fact Bush is a liar and a criminal. It's not the
Strausscons in the White House and the Pentagon, plotting multiple wars
in the Middle East and elsewhere. It's not Congress, sold out to neolibs,
multinational corporations, and Wall Street loan sharks.
- It's me.
- I'm suffering from "political paranoia" and
need Paxil, a prescription drug for the treatment of anxiety and depression.
It's not the 100,000 dead killed by my government in Iraq. It's not torture
or loose talk of nuking enemies. It is a serotonin imbalance in my brain.
I suffer from any number of possible malady - depression, Generalized Anxiety
Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (thus writing this blog every day),
and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. I suffer from mental illness and need
- Congress may come to the rescue - and soon.
- "When the 109th Congress convenes in Washington
in January, Senator Bill Frist, the first practicing physician elected
to the Senate since 1928, plans to file a bill that would define 'political
paranoia' as a mental disorder, paving the way for individuals who suffer
from paranoid delusions regarding voter fraud, political persecution and
FBI surveillance to receive Medicare reimbursement for any psychiatric
treatment they receive," writes Hermione Slatkin, Medical Correspondent
for the Swift Report. "Rick Smith, a spokesman for Senator Frist,
says that the measure has a good chance of passing - something that can
only help a portion of the population that is suffering significant distress."
- "If you're still convinced that President Bush won
the election because Republicans figured out a way to hack into electronic
voting machines, you've obviously got a problem," says Smith. "If
we can figure out a way to ease your suffering by getting you into therapy
and onto medication, that's something that we hope the entire 109th Congress
- Characterizing political dissent as a form of mental
illness is the hallmark of authoritarian government. In China, for instance,
forensic psychiatrists label dissent "political lunacy" (see
Jacob Sullum, Head Games: What are the rules for defining mental illness?)
and in Soviet Russia political dissenters were routinely cosigned to mental
hospitals. Nowadays, with modern pharmacology, mental hospitals are no
longer required - the mental hospital is internalized through chemical
- No need for FEMA camps or "preventive detention"
when we have a "medical armamentarium" of serotonin uptake inhibitors.
All that is needed now is for Frist and the Republicans to devise a law
defining "political paranoia" and determining that "political
paranoiacs" are a threat to society.
- You will take your Paxil - or something far more debilitating
- and by court order. Recall Bush's effort to screen the entire population
for mental illness, i.e., the New Freedom Initiative. Bush's commission
found that "despite their prevalence, mental disorders often go undiagnosed"
and recommended comprehensive mental health screening for "consumers
of all ages." Naturally, Frist and the Republicans are mostly concerned
about the "political paranoia" form of mental illness, as the
above news item indicates.
- As a "consumer," is it possible I am suffering
from "political paranoia." or is the whole thing a product of
my feverish imagination and the result of reading too many news items on
- Finally, note that I could not find mention of Frist
and the classification of "political paranoia" after a lengthy
Google news search. Mention of it only appeared on the Swift Report website.
Rick Smith's above quote returned no results. Of course, this does not
mean that Bill Frist and the Republicans do not consider the opposition
- including more than a few Democrats - as mental cases and tinfoil hatters.
Rush Limbaugh calls us nutters every day and millions of gullible Americans
take what he says as gospel.
- In America, the criminally insane rule and the rest of
us, or the vast majority of the rest of us, either do not care, do not
know, or are distracted and properly brainwashed into acquiescence."
-- Kurt Nimmo
- "No one in public life has the courage to explain
how those people who died when New York City skyscrapers collapsed were
killed by plans concocted by the same people who seek your votes on election
day, and still talk about freedom and justice while they pocket checks
from large corporations intent on profiting from rebuilding the faraway
cities we reduce to rubble." -- John Kaminski
- 'Power Hour Blocks Kaminski At Last Miinute' http://www.worldnewsstand.net/04/John_Kaminski/3.htm
- "Had I known that the enemy was going to use airplanes
to kill on that fateful morning, I would have done everything in my power
to protect the American people." -- Lying Monkey Boy Bush, chimp off
the old block
- "Will the peons of America, the shirtless ones,
the common folk, be cursed by failing to somehow stop the rise of America's
Hitler?" -- Sherman H. Skolnick
- From 'Bush White House Created Violence'
- "We are a discreet sheep; we wait to see how the
drove is going, and then we go with the drove." -- Mark Twain