- (JUS) - The Americans reportedly suffered very heavy
casualties over the weekend in several hot spots. A total of 47 Americans
were reportedly killed in just two ambushes in Saqulawiah and Duhamiah,
another 18 in Abu Ghraib, and 12 more were reported killed in Taji. Several
armored vehicles and other mechanized vehicles were also destroyed.
- Here are details of just a few of the weekend attacks:
- 47 American Soldiers Killed In Two Ambushes; Chinook,
Drone Shot Down
- According to Mafkarat al-Islam, 47 Marines were killed
in several ambushes by resistance fighters in Saqulawiah and Duhamiah on
Saturday. Resistance fighters ambushed an American formation at Al.Boasam
grave, north west of Saqulawiah, at 11:00 Saturday morning.
- Six Bradley vehicles were destroyed and all soldiers
on board were killed. Four Jeeps were also destroyed, reportedly killing
all soldiers on board those vehicles as well. Mujahideen in the area also
shot down a Chinook and a drone. A total of 42 Americans were reportedly
killed in this one ambush alone. In another ambush, Mujahideen destroyed
a Bradley armored vehicle using a locally manufactured land mine. This
ambush was carried out on the Saddah road near Al-Duhamiah. Five Marines
were reported killed in that attack.
- 18 American soldiers killed in Abu Ghraib
- Mujahideen attacked an american convoy in "White
Gold" village, near Abu Ghraib at about 10:30, Saturday morning. Seven
Americans were reported killed when a Bradley armored vehicle and a personnel
carrier were destroyed.
- Another attack took place in "Al-Samilat Village",
south of Abu Ghraib, at about 14:00 Saturday afternoon. Three Americans
were killed when their Bradley armored vehicle was destroyed.
- A third attack was carried out in the old street in Abu
Ghraib. An explosive device was detonated as an American convoy passed
by. Four American soldiers were reported killed, a jeep was destroyed,
and a GMC vehicle was disabled.
- An American convoy was the target of yet a fourth attack
on Saturday evening. This attack took place in "Ganoub Village",
in Abu Ghraib and was carried out using road side bomb. Four American soldiers
were reportedly killed, a jeep was destroyed, and a Bradley vehicle was