- "What can we do, " has become the bonus question
on the test of life. Answer this one correctly, and fix the universe.
Answer this one and make sense of the senseless.
- Perhaps someone will come and help us. Is Jesus coming
back? Was he here before? Will he rapture all the believers and leave
the rest of the population to choke on nuclear waste? ("nucular?)
- Something has gone wrong. It did not start on September
11, 2001, it merely reached a crescendo. And, in the three years since
that tragic event there are ever increasing numbers of people with shoulders
stooping under the weight of an overwhelming sense of despair. Some
ask if things will get worse. Some already know the answer.
- On November 22, 1963, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated.
Was it a "lone gunman" gone trigger happy in a Book Depository?
Was there a magical bullet that caused 7 wounds...two to Kennedy and five
to Governor Connally. Son of a gun ...this bullet paused 1.6 seconds
in midair before entering Connally. After entering and reentering the
two men, this mischievous little critter wound up in tact on a stretcher
in Parkland Hospital. It's got to be true because I read it in the The
Warren Commission ( Bulletcrap )
- After the assassination of JFK, Lyndon Baines Johnson
stepped to the plate. Forty days after burying Kennedy, Johnson signed
National Security action Memo 273, which reversed Kennedy's Vietnam withdrawal
policy and began the worst war in this country. (or so it appeared at
the time) Perhaps, the worst war in this country is the one we are
presently fighting. Perhaps the worst war in this country is the one we
are about to fight Or maybe, the one after that. We are slaughtering
people because "terrorists" flew planes into the World Trade
Center and killed 3,000 of our people. Doesn't that make you mad enough
to bomb every country with oil?
- "Stop sending me those pictures from Fallujah....they
are awful." People return my email with notes of annoyance. Too
awful to view? I am sorry I have intruded upon your balmy evening with
a realitygram. Close your eyes and you can pretend that innocents are not
having their inners blown out. Don't look at those little children ...deformed
and decapitated Don't look into the eyes of that mother who weeps for
the loss of her beloved .....you might find yourself weeping along with
her. "What's on HBO?"
- What can we do? Maybe the answer is a resounding "nothing."
Perhaps we have already done it. Perhaps we did nothing while our country
incrementally slipped away from ethics and principles and compassion. Perhaps
we did nothing while soulless, gutless, less than humans took charge of
our food, our air, our minds, our lives and our souls.
- The drama is not over. It's intermission time and
as we relax, puffing contentedly on the cigarette of complacency, we try
- Well I'm standing by a river
- But the water doesn't flow
- It boils with every poison you can think of
- And I'm underneath the streetlight
- But the light of joy I know
- Scared beyond belief way down in the shadows
- And the perverted fear of violence
- Chokes the smile on every face
- And common sense is ringing out the bell
- This ain't no technological breakdown
- Oh no, this is the road to hell
- And all the roads jam up with credit
- And there's nothing you can do
- It's all just bits of paper flying away from you
- Oh look out world, take a good look
- What comes down here
- You must learn this lesson fast and learn it well
- This ain't no upwardly mobile freeway
- Oh no, this is the road
- Said this is the road
- This is the road to hell
- Chris Rea - The Road to Hell part 2
- Copyright 2004 Judy Andreas