- READER: In light of all that Bush and Cheney [have] said
recently, I am sending this info:
- "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein
now has weapons of mass destruction."
- - Dick Cheney, August 26 2002
- "Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities
that were used for the production of biological weapons."
- - George W. Bush, September 12 2002
- "If he declares he has none, then we will know that
Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world."
- - Ari Fleischer, December 2 2002
- "We know for a fact that there are weapons there."
- - Ari Fleischer, January 9 2003
- "Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam
Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard
and VX nerve agent."
- - George W. Bush, State of the Union address, January
- "We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep
his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more."
- - Colin Powell, February 5 2003
- "We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein
recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons."
- - George Bush, February 8 2003
- "Intelligence gathered by this and other governments
leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some
of the most lethal weapons ever devised."
- - George Bush, March 17 2003
- "Well, there is no question that we have evidence
and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and
chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of
the operation, for whatever duration it takes."
- - Ari Fleischer, March 21 2003
- "There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein
possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those
weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced
them and who guard them."
- - Gen. Tommy Franks, March 22 2003
- "We know where they are. They are in the area around
Tikrit and Baghdad."
- - Donald Rumsfeld, March 30 2003.
- "Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb-making
and poisons and deadly gases."
- - Bush in October 2002.
- "Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including
members of al Qaeda."
- - Bush in January 2003 State of the Union address.
- "Iraq has also provided Al Qaeda with chemical and
biological weapons training."
- - Bush in February 2003.
- "sinister nexus between Iraq and the Al-Qaeda terrorist
- Powell in his U.N. speech prior to the Iraq War.
- "We have removed an ally of Al Qaeda."
- Bush in May 2003.
- Stated that the Iraqis were "providing bomb-making
expertise and advice to the Al Qaeda organization."
- - Cheney in September 2003.
- "Saddam had an established relationship with Al
Qaeda, providing training to Al Qaeda members in the areas of poisons,
gases, making conventional weapons."
- - Cheney in October 2003.
- Cheney said Saddam "had long established ties with
- - June 14, 2004.
- Bush said, "The reason I keep insisting that there
was a relationship between Iraq and Saddam and Al Qaeda, because there
was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda."
- - June 17, 2004.