- The breaking news is our great friend and ally, Israel,
supposedly had a spy in the highest offices of government feeding misinformation
and collecting data on American foreign policy. The claim is that the person
doing the dirty work is an analyst in the office of Douglas J. Feith, undersecretary
of defense for policy, the Pentagon's No. 3 official.
- .....Feith is an influential aide to Defense Secretary
Donald H. Rumsfeld who works on sensitive policy issues including U.S.
policy toward Iraq and Iran. Feith's office includes a cadre assigned specifically
to work on Iran.
- ......He also oversaw the Pentagon's defunct Office of
Special Plans, which critics said fed policy-makers uncorroborated prewar
intelligence on President Saddam Hussein's Iraq, especially involving purported
ties with the al-Qaida terror network. Pentagon officials have said the
office was a small operation that provided fresh analysis on existing intelligence.
- So, is this the guy responsible for American's global
Empire strategy which has been working to widen the war in the Middle East.
If so, we can all breathe a sigh of relief now that he has been outed,
but I got a feeling that things will continue on just as planned even with
the outing of a mole or 2.
- Who knows, maybe G.W. will give the guy a medal or a
pay raise like he did for the guys that bypassed mountains of information
of an impending attack before 9/11.
- Please see forward below -
- FWD:Breaking News and Action Call
- Dear friends:
- This opportunity of this breaking news should be taken
to write letters to the editor of your favorite newspapers, to CNN, fox,
etc demanding they take on their journalistic duties. Below is what I
wrote. Please write in your own words even if its is one sentence or two.
- Links to media:
- (letters to 100 media outlets)
- (Mr. Smith Media Directory)
- (Fairness and Accuracy in Media -FAIR)
- (Media in the UK)
- Dear Editor:
- The breaking news about the FBI investigation of an Israeli
spy in the Pentagon is significant for several reasons. First, it is interesting
that for the first time, AIPAC is being investigated. AIPAC was ranked
as the fourth strongest lobby in Washington. AIPAC offshoot "think
tanks" like the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP)
gave us folks like Dennis Ross (appointed US envoy to the Middle East)
and Martin Indyk (Australian Zionist appointed as US Ambassador to Israel).
In fact, in annals of International affairs, it is rare to find such a
situation where lobbyists for foreign countries become senior officials
in US administration. Another interesting tidbit is that the spy supposedly
works in the offices of Wolfowitz and Feith. But both Wolfowitz and Feith
are known Zionists who worked with groups that advocated invading Iraq
to secure Israel (see details at http://www.qumsiyeh.org/waroniraq/ ).
- The US sends $5 billion per year of our taxes to Israel,
the US shielded Israel with over 30 vetoes in the UN (going against the
will of 150 other countries), and the US engaged in needless and endless
wars to sustain the racist Israeli state that is engaging in ethnic cleansing
of Palestine. Thus, it is likely that real patriot Americans are leaking
these scandals to the news media to expose the fraud that has been perpetuated
on us for so many years. What remains a question is whether the US media
will finally start to do the job they abandoned since becoming "embedded",
i.e. real investigative reporting in the public interest.
- Mazin Qumsiyeh, PhD
- From CNN
- FBI investigating possible spy for Israel
- Official: High-level Pentagon worker could
have shaped policy
- From David Ensor and Terry Frieden
- Washington Bureau
- WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The FBI
has evidence that a person who has been working at high levels in the Pentagon
may be a spy for Israel, a senior official confirmed to CNN on Friday.
- The suspect could have been in a position to influence
Bush administration policy toward Iran and Iraq, the senior official said.
- A senior Pentagon official confirmed to CNN that Secretary
of Defense Donald Rumsfeld "had been made generally aware that the
Justice Department had an investigation going on."
- CBS News, which first reported the story, said the FBI
had developed evidence against the suspect, including photographs and conversations
recorded through wiretaps.
- The network said the suspect has ties to two senior Pentagon
officials: Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and Undersecretary of
Defense Douglas Feith.
- Another government source with knowledge of the case
told CNN that the FBI is investigating possible spying at the Pentagon
involving Israel and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a pro-Israel
- However, Washington insiders note that it is not unusual
for friendly governments to have access to certain classified information,
so even if the allegations are correct, not everyone involved may have
thought they were involved in espionage. Still, one U.S. source is calling
the case "a very serious matter."
- An Israeli Embassy spokesman told CNN that "we categorically
deny these allegations. They are completely false and outrageous."
- An Israeli official in Washington said the U.S. government
has not contacted the Israelis about any such investigation.
- AIPAC released a statement saying that "any allegation
of criminal conduct by the organization or its employees is baseless and
- "We take our responsibilities as American citizens
seriously. We would not condone or tolerate for a second any violation
of U.S. law or interests. We are fully cooperating with the governmental
authorities and will continue to do so," the AIPAC statement said.
- The Justice Department, speaking for the FBI, refused
to comment, saying only, "We cannot confirm or deny the report."
- An FBI spokesman said the bureau has no comment on the