- I remember the day when the Berlin Wall fell and everybody
immediately started talking about a Peace Dividend, money that would be
diverted from making weapons and invested in social improvements. And I
remember that bright and hopeful turn of the millennium into the two thousands,
when eager optimists predicted that a new kind of humane society would
sweep the earth to make wars obsolete and living sweet. Neither, of course,
has come to pass. Or will anytime soon.
- Instead, the new millennium has brought with it a return
to unapologetic barbarism, in which the human aspirations of compassion
and understanding have been crushed in the maw of raw power. Instead of
leaping ahead into a new 21st century of enlightenment, the human species
has apparently decided to lurch backwards into the 19th century, where
the only things that really matter are the size of your guns and your bank
- Where the outstretched hand of those in need is greeted
with a bullet to the face, accompanied by some smug justification about
survival of the Chosen few. No, this is not what I call evolution.
- The events of September 11, 2001 changed the tone of
civilized society, perhaps forever. As people around the globe poured out
admiring sympathy for the victims of the atrocity in New York, the leaders
of the U.S. embarked on a fateful course: to start shooting at the rest
of the world until everybody everywhere fell into line in submissive gestures
of terrified subservience.
- Small matter now that a small number of people immediately
smelled a rat, reasoning that rifle-carrying religious zealots in faraway
Asian caves could have mastered the complex necessities of paralyzing military
defenses and skirting well-established airport strictures to pull off such
a bold caper all by themselves. Even as the anomalies of that day multiplied
into full-blown suspicions, the American public relations goliath silenced
all skepticism, and preserved the scripted accounts as patriotic gospel
to justify the new plan to start killing innocents in the name of revenge.
It was the American modus operandi of cowboys killing Indians at its bloody
- Intelligent people immediately marvelled at the clumsiness
of the official lies, and wondered how it came to be that the American
people, whom the media apparatus continually reminded us were the most
intelligent in the world, could be duped by such a flawed fable.
- Some of those people immediately protested that the government's
account of 9/11 was surely a fake. Four hijacked planes flying free for
an hour? Why did we spend all that money on the defense budget? How could
this have happened? But these questions were immediately shouted down by
flag-waving mourners. Show some respect for the dead, they snarled, muttering
murmurs of treason and applauding those who suspended their Constitutional
rights in a frenzied hunt for more so-called terrorists.
- These bereaved and outraged flag-wavers didn't really
give it a second thought when the rubble of the World Trade Center - the
best evidence we had to ferret out the real truth about the attacks, and
perhaps identify the method and maybe even the perpetrators of the attacks
- was summarily carted off and made to disappear. Most people didn't notice
when our indignant leaders claimed they had no idea such a preposterously
bold attack could ever happen - even when those same leaders provided the
names of the alleged culprits less than two days after the atrocity happened.
- Few pondered the inconsistency. Top government officials
said they didn't know it could happen. But they knew the names of those
who did it.
- Those who did notice this flaw began digging deeper.
But the vast majority applauded when we started bombing other countries
in a quest to annihilate the purported perps. Those digging deeper also
noticed that the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq had been planned long
before 9/11 happened, and tried to tell people, but were mostly shouted
down amid cries of "treason!" That didn't stop those digging
deeper from digging even deeper, because they were on the trail of real
treason. And they certainly noticed when Pakistan offered to turn over
Osama bin Laden for trial in a neutral country that America declined the
- Yet even as it became clear that the reasons for American
mass murder from high in the sky were shameless lies, the American people
clung to their grief, their outrage, and their bloodthirsty craving for
retribution, so they really didn't give it a second thought that they were
sending their sons and daughters to die in a senseless effort to get satisfaction
by killing thousands of people who had absolutely nothing to do with the
crime that had enraged them in the first place.
- And damned few made the logical connection that if our
leaders lied about the reasons for invading Afghanistan and Iraq, it was
highly unlikely that they were telling the truth about 9/11.
- But the war machine marched on to the media's hydrophobic
applause, people kept waving their flags, and innocents are still dying,
every day, because of it.
- The early resistance to the 9/11 coverup was led in America
by Mike Ruppert, who quickly pointed out that timely bets that certain
airlines stock would plummet revealed a foreknowledge of the tragedy that
could reveal who the true perpetators of this colossal crime actually were.
And the work of Jared Israel revealed the bungling of America's defenses
in such meticulous detail that many people began to realize the attacks
could have prevented by even a modicum of military competence on that fateful
- Still, most flag-waving Americans refused to notice that
the people in charge during the nation's greatest failure of its military
defenses were promoted instead of being censured or fired, never mind being
put on trial.
- As time passed and sorrow began to heal into sadness,
other researchers came forth with penetrating questions casting doubt on
the government's version of events. German researcher Eric Hufschmid focused
on why the government prevented a forensic examination of WTC rubble -
an unbelievable and inexcusable dereliction of public responsibility, especially
considering that in the case of aircraft disasters the government puts
even the tiniest detail under the microscope to find out what actually
- Then former German defense minister Andreas von Buelow
and British politician Michael Meacher made startling public declarations
that they believed the American government had to be involved in order
for such a complex operation to have been carried out.
- The French researcher Thierry Meyssan first pointed out
that the hole in the Pentagon could have in no way been caused by a giant
jet airliner, and this argument was taken to much deeper levels by dogged
researchers such as Dick Eastman to prove to anyone with a brain than no
giant passenger jet had caused that explosion in Washington.
- Consider this: the government says that an extremely
intense fire that burned only eight minutes completely vaporized an entire
passenger airliner, yet did not burn hot enough to prevent Pentagon officials
from proclaiming that they had identified the DNA of every single passenger
on the plane. Pardon me, but do you want to buy a bridge?
- Furthermore, the FBI confiscated security camera video
from a nearby gas station that could easily clear up the mystery, but they
have refused to release it - along with voice recordings from the doomed
airliners - in the name of national security. What does your sniffer tell
you? Do you remember the TV detective story maxim: those who work to cover
up the crime are the ones who most likely committed it?
- Upon hearing the endless stories of distraught cellphone
calls from passengers to relatives, retired Canadian professor A.K. Dewdney
rented a plane and did some experimenting about making cellphone calls
from the air. He concluded that many of the calls purported by the government
to have been made could not be replicated under similar conditions.
- Websites created by Jim Hoffman, Jeff King, and Rosalee
Grable focused on the photographs of the 9/11 tragedy in New York and concluded
that from the distance the rubble was propelled directly outwards that
explosions had to have taken place. Evidence that the planes weakened the
skyscrapers and caused their collapse was quickly debunked by Bill Manning
and Jerry Russell.
- Archives of all manner of critical analyses of the official
story were quickly set up by Ken Vardon of the American Patriot Friends
Network and Peter Meyer of the Serendipity website, with many brilliant
commentaries about how the government had to have lied, and these were
followed by hundreds of other sites which emulated their efforts.
- Numerous timelines, the earliest being those by Paul
Thompson and Mark Elsis, revealed every tiny detail of what had happened,
and those with the tenacity to examine them discovered more flaws in the
- Carol Valentine, known for her intense research into
the debacle at Waco, unleashed an anonymous interview that asserted the
killer planes were remote controlled. But another major researcher, experienced
pilot Ralph Omholt, weighed in with the opinion that some of the maneuvers
before the crashes could not have been accomplished without an expert pilot.
And researcher Jon Carlson has always insisted the planes were controlled
by a helicopter that hovered nearby.
- A little later on, researchers Gerard Holmgren and Woody
Box noticed the records of flight numbers on the ill-fated aircraft revealed
more inconsistencies in the official story, to the point where Holmgren
could later declare that two of the supposedly doomed flights never even
got off the ground that day.
- Two and a half years later, researchers scheduled a two-part
conference that was supposed to delve into the delicate details of 9/11,
but it was hijacked into other issues and suffered from low attendance
and a lack of publicity. Perhaps the high point that came out of the Toronto
end of it was Michel Chossudovsky's essay that the dreaded al-Qaeda were
no more than an evil fantasy creation of U.S. intelligence services, and
for my money, that remains the central issue in the debate about the future
- Everyone knows by now that President Bush reluctantly
appointed an investigative commission that was not charged with identifying
the perpetrators - those were named at the outset without a shred of public
evidence - and the panel accomplished nothing except a few hollow headlines.
Despite incisive reports by Nico Haupt and Michael Kane and the constant
complaining of the 9/11 victims' families, the big questions were never
answered and disinformation specialists like Condoleezza Rice and Richard
Clark spun their tales of self-justification. At the end, a kind of ignorant
incompetence had replaced intent as the reason for the tragedy, and the
bad guys got away.
- Of the many relevant issues that the Kean Commission
simply ignored, perhaps the most glaring was what our military defenses
were actually doing on 9/11. Barbara Honegger's timely story about the
counterterrorist wargame exercises planned for that very day raises all
sorts of question about how they impeded the response of our nation's air
defenses, yet the commission never once admitted that the subject even
- Neither did it address numerous reports - particularly
one from a worker in the building, Scott Forbes - that WTC security was
profoundly compromised the weekend before the tragedy.
- So, as time passed and the alternative theorists delved
into their material more deeply, distortions developed, followed by charges
of disinformation, increasing suspicions, and eventually the scrambling
of the entire 9/11 truth movement.
- From intense analyses of slow-motion video of the event,
Grable, a.k.a. The Webfairy, developed a theory that the use of holograms
was involved in the 9/11 deception. This assertion ignited a firestorm
of complaints from other researchers who protested that Grable's assertions
were fantasies of an overactive imagination, at best. Yet researchers such
as Holmgren, Scott Loughrey and Michael Elliott refuse to totally discount
her findings because her analyses, interpretations aside, had been accomplished
in a credible way.
- Radio rapper Alex Jones produced one of the earliest
videos questioning the official story about 9/11, but made two signal contributions
later with his startling interview of the German politician von Buelow,
who insists the American government was surely involved in the crime, and
his chat with the maverick retired arms dealer, Col Donn de Grand Pre,
who said that there were no hijackers on the planes (an opinion shared
by many 9/11 researchers), that the bodies of the passengers are somewhere
in the Atlantic Ocean, and that he personally knows the names of the Air
National Guard pilots who shot down Flight 93.
- Matching de Grand Pre for astonishing assertions in recent
days has been the website of Phil Jayhan, which has come out with three
stunning observations based on photographic analyses of the original footage:
that the plane that hit the South Tower had a pod on its bottom (if that
were true, and it appears to be true from the photographs, then the government's
story is gone for good) and that the plane fired a missile just before
it hit the building; that that particular plane had no windows (ditto last
parenthetical comment); and then he proceeded to name the pilot de Grand
Pre had referred to, the one who shot down Flight 93 (ditto again).
- Now. Let us divert ever so briefly into the meaning of
that oft-used but frequently misunderstood word - "disinformation."
It differs ever so slightly from the word "lie" in that it is
a lie generally grouped with a series of facts that may be true, thereby
ruining the credibility of the truths within the grouped series of facts.
- It is used frequently on the web when one person disagrees
with another person's assertions. I've often had the intuition that the
people who most frequently use the term - are you listening, Dick Eastman?
- are very likely the ones who are spinning it to begin with. On the other
hand, Eastman has been right a good deal of the time, particularly in regard
to John Judge and Kyle Hence, two questionable figures who have shadowed
the bogus Kean Commission hearings and pretended to be influencing the
- The classic example of disinformation specialist these
days is probably Michael Moore, whose celebrated film has created a stir
in plastic society. He has convinced the world that the Saudis' relationship
with the Bush family is the great secret behind 9/11, even though more
developed minds clearly see that since the Saudis didn't really benefit
from 9/11 (though they may have had some supporting role in it), it had
to have been Israel that was the silent partner in the greatest crime in
American history, through Silverstein (and Marvin Bush) rigging the towers
with explosives, providing the faux hijackers (Atta's most fluent language
was Hebrew, according to his girlfriend, as reported by Daniel Hopsicker),
and even providing the two single suicide pilots (according to Dewdney's
Operation Pearl theory).
- Regarding Israel there is the little matter that only
three Israelis died that day in the biggest Jewish city in the world -
and two were on the planes. Not to mention Jewish ownership of virtually
every major news outlet in the United States. And not to mention the Jewish
men who have crafted American foreign policy under the last four (at least)
- But there is disinformation out there, theories and reports
that touch on legitimate evidence but include deliberately preposterous
assertions so that the whole group of evidence is disregarded and ridiculed.
Some say the new 9/11 video by Riley and von Kleist, which features the
work of Jayhan, falls into this category, though I'll reserve final judgment
until I see it.
- I am always reluctant to make the charge of disinformation,
first, because, I don't want to hurt anyone who is really trying to tell
the truth, and second, because most of the time, I am simply not intelligent
enough to make a certain judgment on the issue at hand, so it's more prudent
to keep my doubts to myself.
- This frame of thought has come up repeatedly with the
Webfairy's hologram assertions, but having talked with her, and knowing
researchers I respect also respect her, I can't call her efforts disinformation
just because I don't agree with what she's saying, because I know I don't
have the technical expertise to understand all the details.
- Perhaps the oddest of all the internecine 9/11 arguments
involves two websites both called "9/11 review." Michael Elliott's
911review.org arrived on the scene a little late and began to bill itself
as a coordinating site to other links as well as possessing a certain degree
of engineering expertise. Elliott remains quick to criticize other sites
such as Dewdney's physics911.org and Russell's 9-11strike.com for "bad
- But computer whiz Jim Hoffman, who had already distinguished
himself with his extraordinarily clear Power Point-type presentations on
wtc7.net and in other places, quickly created 911review.com to blast Elliott
for his superficiality, dead links, promotion of suspect theories, and
unwillingness to ask the hard questions. Elliott's response has been to
label Hoffman a government agent. The two remain archenemies to this day,
though both have substantial followings, as well as intriguing websites.
- In the minds of some, Jayhan's recent revelations fall
into the same suspicious category. I'd love for his observations to be
accurate and his assertions true, but I simply sense that I don't have
the expertise to make the call, so I don't. I can't.
- I leave it up to you in the links below. Sorry if you
think that's copping out. That's just the way it is.
- What I do know for certain is that the hologram issue
and other recent spectacular aspects of 9/11 information have actually
hurt the effort to convince the public that 9/11 was an inside job, which
in my mind it most certainly was.
- But the evidence for this charge is not simple, like
for instance the government's disinformation campaign to defame Muslims.
- "Arab hijackers did it, we have the evidence but
we can't give it to you because of national security, so let's bomb the
hell out of them."
- Simple. The dumbed-down public could get it, and fixate
their hatred on the intended target, which of course is Islam.
- None of these splitting hairs like you can't make cellphone
calls from above a certain altitude, or the Twin Towers were demolished
because the pattern of ejecta indicates explosions, or the hole in the
Pentagon isn't big enough, or they deliberately took away the evidence
so we couldn't see what really happened.
- No. Arabs did it. Let's kill 'em.
- That sounds very much like what the Israelis say about
the Palestinians, doesn't it?
- So the truth has lost again. And the lies have prevailed.
There are thousands of people in this country, most in very powerful positions,
who know exactly what happened on 9/11. Because they profited from it.
But we can't find out who they are, because protecting the rich, no matter
what they do, has always had a much higher priority in the country - and
for that matter the world - than mere justice for the common folk. The
FBI says there was nothing suspicious about the "put" options.
And for want of a whistleblower, that's the end of it.
- The real murderers of 3,000 people in New York have gotten
away with it.
- Game over.
- The most damning evidence is the behavior of the Bush
administration and its motley cast of sociopathic characters (including
John Kerry) that produced that totally staged, utterly facile, pseudoinvestigation
which never attempted to identify the perpetrators. The hijacker fantasy
held up. The people of the Muslim world were made legitimate targets, which
was exactly the purpose of the 9/11 caper to begin with.
- Now, at the exact moment in time that the American public
and the people of the world are most willing to entertain the notion that
something is wrong with the government's story, the 9/11 truth movement
has faltered, badly. Unable to come with the goods.
- Totally stonewalled by the robotic phalanx of plastic
presidential candidates too terrified to utter a single peep about the
9/11 coverup, Zionist control of America, the lies that created our so-called
preemptive wars, or the continuing shakedown of the world by the Federal
- Totally blacked out by puppet media who claim our dead
children are fighting for freedom but won't photograph their coffins or
- So forget about it. Go home, watch TV, pick your nose.
Hey, vote in the next election, if you delude yourself into believing that
will make a difference. Wait docilely for the next hammer to fall.
- I am reminded of that Russian proverb, "When you
have a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
- You are now the nail.
- The truth of 9/11 lies buried beneath an avalanche of
lies, just like the souls of those unsuspecting passengers on routine domestic
airline flights and those ordinary folks who trudged off to work that day
to the Twin Towers lie buried forever in that smoldering heap of uninvestigated
rubble. And just like the futures of you and me lie buried an endless heap
of fake terror alerts, anthrax scares, police state laws, and self-righteous
fabrications of dark-skinned terrorists lurking demonically on every streetcorner
- John Kaminski is the author of "America's Autopsy
Report," a collection of his Internet essays published on hundreds
of websites around the world. More recently he has published "The
Day America Died: Why You Shouldn't Believe the Official Story of What
Happened on September 11, 2001," a 48-page booklet written for those
who still believe the government's version of events. For more information
about both, check out http://www.johnkaminski.com/
- Relevant links (in order of appearance):
- * Mike Ruppert: http://www.fromthewilderness.com/
- * Jared Israel: http://www.tenc.net/
- * Eric Hufschmid: http://www.erichufschmid.net/
- * Andreas von Buelow: http://www.prisonplanet.com/jones_report.html
- * Michael Meacher: http://truthout.org/docs_03/090703A.shtml
- * Thierry Meyssan: http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/05/23/29196.html
- * Dick Eastman: http://www.apfn.org/apfn/77_deastman1.htm
- * A.K. Dewdney: http://physics911.org/
- * Jim Hoffman: http://911research.wtc7.net/
- * Jeff King: http://911review.org/Wiki/King,Jeff.shtml
- * Rosalee Grable: http://thewebfairy.com/911/
- * Bill Manning: http://www.rense.com/general18/firefighter.htm
- * Jerry Russell: http://www.911-strike.com/
- * Ken Vardon: http://www.apfn.org/
- * Peter Meyer: http://www.serendipity.li/
- * Paul Thompson: http://www.unansweredquestions.org/timeline/
- * Mark Elsis: http://www.911timeline.net/
- * Carol Valentine: http://www.public-action.com/
- * Ralph Omholt: http://home.comcast.net/~skydrifter/exp.htm
- * Jon Carlson: http://www.rense.com/general54/flight93crashwitnesses.htm
- * Gerard Holmgren's "The Truth About Sept. 11":
- * Woody Box: http://inn.globalfreepress.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=323
- * Michel Chossudovsky: http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO109C.html
- * Nico Haupt: http://ny911truth.org/articles/stop_coverup.htm
- * Michael Kane: http://inn.globalfreepress.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=387
- * Barbara Honegger: http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/
- * Scott Forbes: http://184.108.40.206/thornarticles/powerdown.html
- * Scott Loughrey: http://www.rense.com/general50/amy.htm
- * Alex Jones: http://www.prisonplanet.com/
- * Col. Donn de Grand Pre: http://www.warfolly.vzz.net/nohijackers.htm
- * Phil Jayhan: http://www.letsroll911.org/
- * John Judge: http://www.septembereleventh.org/forum/showthreaded.php?
- * Kyle Hence: http://www.serendipity.li/wot/fake_opposition.htm
- * Michael Moore: http://www.counterpunch.org/lodge09172003.html
- * Daniel Hopsicker: http://www.madcowprod.com/
- * A.K. Dewdney: http://www.serendipity.li/wot/operation_pearl.htm
- * Riley/von Kleist: http://www.thepowermall.com/
- * Michael Elliott: http://911review.org/
- * Jim Hoffman: http://911review.com/