- A considerable number of locals witnessed one of the
most significant sightings of recent times over the capital city of the
province of LimarÌ, This event is a successor to the well-known
and enigmatic case that occurred in 1998 over Las Mollacas in Paihuano.
- OVALLE - On Saturday, June
19, hundreds of people took to the streets of Ovalle to witness--in shock
and expectation--a strange circle of lights positioned in the skies over
- The characteristics suggested the circle was at least
100 meters in diameter; it blinked and rotated uninterruptedly in the night
- Likewise, certain locations on the city's outskirts attracted
large numbers of people who reported seeing the same thing. Radio station
telephone switchboards did not stop receiving calls, creating a sense of
alarm, even among those who had not left their homes.
- "We received so many calls that we had to interrupt
our regular programming and present a special on the subject, in order
to offer an explanation about the phenomenon and provide answers to our
listeners," said Carlos Ossandun, director of the Comunicativa FM
- Comunicativa obtained its highest number of listeners
in recent months on that evening. However, there are also witnesses who
claim having seen strange lights on preceding days, which would suggest
a small UFO wave in the skies over Ovalle.
- Chile's 4th Region has been prolific when it comes to
sightings of this kind. In November 1967, several fishermen witnessed a
UFO engulfed in flames crashing into the sea off PeÒuelas.More recently,
another unidentified flying object collided against a hill in Paihuano
before the startled gaze of several witnesses.
- Translation (c) 2004 Scott Corrales, Institute of Hispanic
Ufology. Special thanks to Christin Quintero, PlanetaUFO.