- Every doctor learned back in medical school all about
Otto Warburg's discovery; a discovery of humongous proportions, because
way back in the fifties Otto discovered the main biochemical cause of cancer,
or what differentiates a cancer cell from a normal, healthy cell. So big
a discovery was this, that Otto Warburg was awarded the Nobel Prize.
- Cancer has only one prime cause. It is the replacement
of normal oxygen respiration of the body's cells by an anaerobic [i.e.,
oxygen-deficient] cell respiration. -Dr. Otto Warburg
- But what else does Warburg's discovery tell us. First
off, it tells us that cancer metabolizes much differently than normal cells.
Normal cells need oxygen. Cancer cells despise oxygen. In fact, oxygen
therapy is a favorite among many of the alternative clinics we've researched.
- Another thing this tells us is that cancer metabolizes
through a process of fermentation.
- If you've ever made wine, you'll know that fermentation
- The metabolism of cancer is approximately 8 times greater
than the metabolism of normal cells.
- Okay, so here is what we can put together knowing the
above: The body is constantly overworked trying to feed this cancer. The
cancer is constantly on the verge starvation and thus constantly asking
the body to feed it. When the food supply is cut off, the cancer begins
to starve unless it can make the body produce sugar to feed itself.
- The wasting syndrome, cachexia, is the body producing
sugar from proteins (you heard it right, not from carbohydrates or fats,
but from proteins) in a process called glycogenesis. This sugar feeds the
cancer. The body finally dies of starvation, trying to feed the cancer.
- Now, knowing that one's cancer needs sugar, does it make
sense to feed it sugar? Does it make sense to have a high carbohydrate
- The reason Food Therapies even exist today (beyond the
fact that they work) is because someone once saw the connection between
sugar and cancer. There are many food therapies, but not a single one allows
many foods high in carbohydrates and not a single one allows sugars, BECAUSE
SUGAR FEEDS CANCER.
- Why doesn't your physician tell you this? Hard to tell.
Maybe your doctor feels it is his job to cure your cancer, not yours. Maybe
because your doctor learned about Warburg, but never put the rest together,
never placed nutrition into the equation. Maybe because your physician
didn't study nutrition. Heck, as late as 1978, the AMA's official position
(stated in courts of law) was that nutrition had nothing to do with health
- However, those who've paid attention to this sugar craving
cancer stuff have come up with some remarkable therapies for cancer. Laetrile
is just one. Hydrazine Sulfate, which stops the process of glycogenesis
in greater than 50% of all patients with cachexia is another.
- Today, at the University of Minnesota, they are experimenting
with a chemotherapy delivered in a "smartbomb." Here's the scoop:
the drug is wrapped in a coating that stays intact as it travels through
the body, that is until it reaches a location of no oxygen. When it reaches
this "no oxygen" location, the coating falls apart releasing
the chemotherapy to destroy the cancer, because the only place in your
body where there is no oxygen is the cancer site.
- Then there are the food therapies: aimed at starving
cancer. Knowing what cancer loves, the patient avoids them. Cancers loves
cooked foods (this is a relatively recent finding) and cancer loves sugar.
If you hate your cancer, then starve it.
- Copyright © 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000
- Wellness Directory of Minnesota
- You may copy, print, reprint, and/or transfer this entire
article, if and only if it is unmodified and in its complete state with
this copyright notice attached and all the links work properly.