- At the end of the first hour of a scheduled 2-hour interview
with special guest, Afghan-born Dr. Mohammend Daud Miraki, PhD, Jeff Rense
was informed by his program producer that Dr. Miraki reported over his
phone line that he had just been confronted with a "terrible problem"...that
"the FBI and local police are at my front door." Contact with
Dr. Miraki was then lost.
- During the first hour, Dr. Miraki shared his views and
information on past fighting and the current situation in Afghanistan,
and discussed a number of other key issues about life in the country of
- Dr. Miraki has been a champion of his decimated people
for years and recently started the Afghan Depleted Uranium Recovery Fund
to attempt to deal with the massive uranium contamination and its horrendous
impact on the people of Afghanistan.
- The Independent (UK) on July 1 published a major story
- Afghanistan As A 'Role Model' Of US Foreign Policy: The
Unraveling And Destruction Of A Nation 'Liberated' By The West
- We did not know happened to Dr. Miraki after communication
was lost. We were finally able to dial through to him nearly an hour later.
- He indicated he was ok and had been questioned by men
claiming to be from the FBI. He said they asked him a number of things
about friends of his who are not living in the US and other questions relating
to himself and his views and opinions.
- He had no doubt the agents had been listening to the
program via satellite - probably right outside his residence - and had
chosen that moment to pay him a visit.
- Fortunately, Dr. Miraki was able to continue his interview
for the third hour of the program.
- We urge you to listen to both hours of this extraordinary
conversation which will be available in our Archives by Friday morning.