- A Queensland man who is contracted to rebuild oil pipelines
in Iraq says he has seen terrible abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers.
- Harry, who will not reveal his last name to protect his
family, says recent pictures of American soldiers torturing prisoners are
just the tip of the iceberg.
- "What you're seeing in the photographs now really
is tame," he said.
- "You think about it, these pictures [are ones] that
they've published on the net to send to their friends, the real stuff that's
going on there is far, far beyond this."
- He says he has seen far worse while working in Saddam
Hussein's home town of Tikrit.
- "I've seen a man who claimed he was a fisherman
on the river, US military opened fire on them because they thought they
were insurgents, they got one guy onto the beach, I was there on the side
of the river, they shot him in the legs so he wouldn't run away,"