- What would you do if your brother -- or perhaps your
son, father, or husband -- was charged with murder? With deliberately taking
the life of another human being.
- For sure, it would be an agonizing decision -- making
the choice between practicing what you preach about justice, or standing
by your devastated family. A choice no one would envy -- defend your blood
or obey the laws of God and society.
- And then, what if it was a particularly bad murder? Say
he shot an old woman in the back, and watched her die -- all the while
preventing medical personnel from tending to her. Maybe she was already
wounded and he finished her off. From a helicopter, even.
- It sure would be tough to keep your family -- your mind,
your heart -- together in that situation. Who could blame you whatever
- Of course, things are different in the middle of a war,
even a completly illegal war based on well-publicized lies like the situation
- I mean, itís easy to say your were just following
orders. Thatís what lots of Nazis did in World War II, but they
still were put to death in the trials following the war.
- I wonder what will happen when and if Americans find
themselves in that situation in the near future.
- Being in a military situation means everything is different.
Innocent civilians always get killed accidentally when the military's involved.
Some are accidental, some are deliberate, but mostly we never get to know
the difference. Bodies get thrown in holes and are forgotten, except by
some of the living who years later wake up screaming in the middle of the
- Long after the grisly facts become known, sometimes we
get a little tardy justice. Mostly we don't. Remember when former Senator
Bob Kerrey tried to give back his Vietnam medals, admitting he killed women
and children rather than the dangerous enemy gunmen his valor citations
described. How did the public react? Hell, we didn't want to hear him.
We told him to keep his medals, keep quiet, and forget about the whole
- Demonic demagogues like Joseph Farah, Michael Savage
and Rush Limbaugh all have recently recommended killing large numbers of
innocent Iraqis "to teach them a lesson." The "lesson"
being it's not cool to mess with Uncle Sam and mutilate his hired killers,
the highly paid mercenaries he hired to assassinate Iraqi intellectuals
so when America has that tortured nation sufficiently lobotomized, there
will be a minimum of intelligent people around to protest the new "democratic"
prison camp that America has created.
- The United States and Britain have decided to adopt the
Pol Pot theory of social engineering -- kill everyone with academic credentials.
And when the irate Iraqis decide to strike back at this masterpiece of
Israeli-style population control, the U.S. ups the ante on its already-high
atrocity level -- and bombs a totally defenseless town from the air, no
matter who gets killed, and murders all the males under 45. Repeat: murders
all the males under 45. That's what's going on right now, my dear American
compatriots, in the inferno called Fallujah, Iraq. Itís called genocide.
No question about it.
- This is how your American boys are behaving in a foreign
country. Your sons, your husbands, your fathers.
- Hey! They were just following orders. Based on lies.
- This is what your country is doing to innocent people.
Killing them without a second thought, without regard for who they are
or what they've done, how many children they might have or how many wonderful
things they've done in this life.
- Hell, they don't worry about the children because they're
killing them, too. Listen to that doctor, forced to set up his clinic in
a filthy garage, describe a little boy with a shell of a skull missing
its brains. Or the man who was brought to the clinic with burns so bad
he will automatically dehydrate to death in 24 hours. How about the boy
they threw in the river, and he couldn't swim so he drowned? Or when the
fighting first began, the hundred teenagers hooded and kept in the sun,
and then shot to death by your beloved Americans boys, one by one.
- This was all done by your sons, your husbands, your fathers.
Just following orders.
- You know, we all ought to be very scared that these killer
punks will be coming home soon, all with the taste of blood on their tongues,
ready and willing to tell us all about the wonderful experiences they had
in Iraq, or at least the ones who don't immediately get sick and die from
the radioactive ammunition they had to handle or the poisonous vaccines
they had to endure, at least they'll be able to tell us how they fought
the War on Terror in Iraq by shooting defenseless women in the back and
bombing residential neighborhoods and splattering body parts all over the
tan brick walls of Baghdad.
- They were scared. Itís OK to kill people when
- This is the kind of behavior approved by Fox news every
night, only they don't tell you about this stuff -- they tell you about
our tough guy president saying "Bring it on", and how the folks
back home are cheering about the lives they are throwing away.
- Pretending to be brave and patriotic when they plant
their own children in the peaceful soil, saying how proud they are that
their children gave their lives for an unjust genocide that was based on
- America. What a country. A country gone mad.
- And this isn't something new, you know. Don't pretend
to be surprised. Don't tell me you didn't know this is the kind of stuff
we noble Americans do on a regular basis.
- It has been going on -- in Iraq, anyway, for FIFTEEN
years! But hey, in Palestine it has been going on for FIFTY-FIVE years,
at least officially (actually it has been much longer).
- I haven't heard the phrase Geneva Conventions lately.
The last time I heard it was when Rumsfeld complained about Iraqis taking
photos of American POWs being a violation of the Geneva Conventions.
- The U.S. uses the phrase Geneva Conventions when it's
somebody else they can complain about. Americans forget to use the phrase
when it pertains to U.S. behavior in Iraq, Afghanistan, Colombia, Lebanon,
Palestine, the Philippines, Colombia, Lebanon, Nicaragua, Vietnam or any
of a hundred other places all related to Fort Benning, Georgia, where they
teach courses on how to violate the Geneva Conventions.
- At the end of the first Gulf War in 1991, our famous
drug czar Barry McCaffrey supervised the slaughter on the Highway of Death
which killed thousands of Iraqi soldiers who had already surrendered. This
was noted as an egregious violation of the Geneva Conventions -- killing
soldiers who were trying to surrender.
- But Americans cheered. Sons, husbands, fathers.
- Then, for nearly 15 more years, the Americans and the
Brits -- WITHOUT approval of the United Nations -- continued to bomb large
parts of Iraq, and in direct violation of the Geneva Conventions, bombed
water treatment plants, hospitals and other necessary services (all direct
violations of the Geneva Conventions), resulting in the deaths of ONE MILLION
Iraqi children from birth defects and childhood diseases that could have
been easily cured were it not for the embargo of necessary medicines.
- Now, the new Iraqi death toll (various American generals
said it wasn't necessary to count Iraqi dead -- another endearing American
trait) stands at more than 30,000. Ninety percent were innocent civilians.
- Obliterated by America's video game weapons, by your
sons, your husbands, your fathers.
- Worst of all, the whole world now knows America had absolutely
no reason to invade Iraq this time around (not that it did before in the
era of the April Glaspie sucker punch, either). Iraq had no weapons of
mass destruction (just as Scott Ritter, Hans Blix and others said) and
Iraq had no connection to al-Qaida (although now reportedly the U.S. is
trying to smuggle in WMDs and claim that Saddam had them hidden all the
time). No legitimate reason whatsoever to go to war.
- The U.S. invasion of Iraq is entirely unjustified, a
massive crime against humanity, carried out by your sons, your husbands,
your fathers, who murdered innocents on the cynical say-so of the lies
our leaders told us, and are still telling us.
- And now the opposition presidential candidate, supposedly
a war hero himself who only recently found out he was Jewish, says he will
continue the same policy of random murders and denial of self-determination
should he win the totally-fixed elections of 2004. This means America is
destined to be a soulless, killer nation indefinitely into the future.
And itís only a matter of time before this kind of thing starts
- Your sons, your husbands, your fathers are murderers.
The Geneva Conventions state that when soldiers know their leaders are
giving them illegal or immoral orders, it is their duty to disobey them.
America used that argument in the post-World War II trials against the
Japanese and the Germans, and the whole world damn well better use it against
the Americans when it puts America on trial for its illegal genocide against
- Do the world a big favor and think of all these things
the next time you hear the Star Spangled Banner, or listen to some pompous
ass in a faux military hat say in a drunken stupor, "Support our troops!"
- Tip your glass to him, and say, with all sincerity and
that American killer smile, "Yes, brother, support our killer troops."
- Just donít go to church afterwards. God would
puke on you.
- John Kaminski is the author of "Americaís
Autopsy Report," a collection of his Internet essays seen on hundreds
of websites around the world, and also "The Day America Died: Why
You Shouldnít Believe the Official Version of What Happened on September
11, 2001," a 48-booklet written for those who still believe what the
U.S. government is still saying about 9/11. For more information about
both, go to http://www.johnkaminski.com/