- MOSCOW -- 21-year old waitress of Mcdonald's located
in the town of Kazan has died due to cocaine overdose right at work.
- Kazan lawyer Lavrenty Sichinava has filed a lawsuit April
8, 2004 in regards to the incident. In it, he asks a district court of
the town of Vakhitovsk to reimburse moral damages and impose a penalty
on the company "McDonald's-Moscow" in the amount of 5 million
rubles, reports newspaper "Russian Courier."
- Mr. Sichinava presents the following grounds to substantiate
his claims. Apparently, on April 2 from the issue of "Evening Kazan",
he has learned that a 21-year old McDonald's waitress had died of drug
overdose right at work.
- Medical examination determined that the girl had the
so-called "cocaine heart". In addition, it turned out she was
also HIV positive, had syphilis and Hepatitis C.
- According to Sachinava, such fact signifies terrible
violation of hygiene norms and regulations as well as violation of rules
under the article 7 of the law of "Customer Bill of Rights."
- Part one of the article states that "a customer
has a right to know that merchandise (service) does not pose any health
dangers and is not life threatening. Requirements that have to ensure customer's
safety are mandatory and are constituted by law or orally."
- Apparently, those requirements that had to ensure customer"s
safety, failed to do so. The plaintiff also refers to the article 11 of
the law of "sanitary-and-epidemiologic welfare of the population."
According to the plaintiff, the restaurant chain failed to comply with
either one of the regulations.