- Happy Easter, 2004, everybody! Praise the Lord! And as
you sit in your proper pew this Sunday morning, blubbering out your favorite
version of 'He is risen,' contemplate this.
- Americans, just like the Israelis, are now known for
killing innocent people as they worship their God in church. Raise your
eyes to the heavens you prize so highly. And imagine an American B-52 dropping
a 500-pound bomb right on your head, splattering you and your beloved family
all over your sacred altar. Your finely dressed friends, your fire-breathing
pastor, all those beautiful children in their frilly Easter finery, reduced
to bloody bits of still-twitching protoplasm dripping from the flaming
pages of the Book of Revelation.
- See your murmurs of worship becomes screams of pain.
Praise the Lord. Praise Yahweh. He said that's how it should be done. Right
in the pages of the Old Testament. And that's how America is doing it today,
this very day, Easter Sunday, in Iraq.
- Imagine that you're not killed instantly, but your arms
have been blown off. Imagine that your daughter's head has been blown off
and her body reduced to spasming jelly. You can see her head, eyes wide
but sightless, a few feet away. That's how it is today ... in Fallujah,
where flies feast on bodies littering the streets.
- Do you think this is too graphic? It's nothing compared
to what is happening today ... in Fallujah, where American troops prevent
medics from tending to the wounded and media from reporting the carnage.
- And the reason? There is no reason. You know the reasons
for our war against the Iraqi people have been exposed as shallow lies.
No weapons of mass destruction. No connection to the terrorists. The dictator
is deposed. Yet the killing is rampant, as Iraqis fight for their freedom
against the American and Israeli terror-mongers.
- In the pitch dark that is the satanic American future,
we continue to kill. In the name of democracy. In the name of Jesus. Our
president talks to Jesus. He is risen today. Our president says he talks
to God every day. God told him to bomb Afghanistan, he told us.
- Jesus told him to blast innocent women and children in
Fallujah today, and to pile the dead and dying in the football stadium
because he won't let medical personnel get to them. Jesus told him to throw
away the lives of American adolescents in uniform. Happy Easter.
- Praise the Lord! He is risen. Hallelujah! In Fallujah!
- Imagine if an all-powerful foreign army invaded the United
States of America and began killing Americans at random, gunning down average
families at arbitrary checkpoints, spreading the sale of drugs and pornography
throughout the land, targeting college professors for assassination, stealing
our historic artifacts, making totally innocent people disappear forever
without telling their relatives what happened to them, torturing teenagers
in ways civilized societies have banned for decades, and spreading an ineradicable
radioactive poison across the landscape that guaranteed death sentences
to all inhabitants from fatal cancers many centuries into the future.
- Imagine if the invaders said the reason they came to
obliterate our country was because we had an unstable leader who had used
weapons of mass destruction against innocent people, and he had to be removed
as a menace to the whole world. (Well, at least that would be an honest
assessment of the present situation in the U.S.)
- Imagine if this foreign power disregarded everything
we held holy and demanded we accept their religion, and declared all the
ideas we grew up with to be a terrorist threat. Imagine if they promised
us genuine democracy and then refused to let us hold elections and nominate
candidates that were not chosen by them. Imagine how you would feel if
your entire family was shot to death just for walking down the street to
the grocery store.
- What would you do? You'd start shooting back, that's
what you'd do. You would hate the invaders forever, and spend the rest
of your life trying to kill every single one of them. Count on this being
a very real part of the darkness of the American future.
- This is the situation George W. Bush has produced for
the United States, and the situation that John F. Kerry would contentedly
continue were he to win the upcoming election. This, my friends, is an
even darker part of the American future.
- Your vote doesn't count anymore, because of the electronic
finagling by fascist corporations.
- But worse, both candidates, and every elected representative
in Washington, are leading us toward the darkness of the American future,
simply by not telling us the truth. And pretending American soldiers are
fighting and dying for freedom when they're really throwing their lives
away for fatter Halliburton contracts.
- America wants war. America has always wanted war. And
now we have it. Welcome to the darkness. Imagine your daughter's eyes,
gazing sightlessly into the blazing, now-silent dust of that mosque in
- Anybody with a brain and not paid off has to realize
that the U.S. invasion of Iraq was not about removing Saddam Hussein. It
was about beginning the American invasion of the world, and takeover of
all areas deemed to be strategically important in terms of American profits.
- U.S. troops have been slaughtering Iraqi civilians for
a year, all the while muttering insincere platitudes about democracy and
free elections. The aim was to send a message to all in the Arab world
that this fate will befall them if they impede U.S. plans to steal everyone's
oil in that region.
- Put yourself in their place, which all religions urge
us to do. Walk a mile in the other fellow's shoes.
- What would you do? There is no choice but to conclude
America, backed by its behind-the-scenes ideological manipulator Israel,
is the real danger to all of humanity. Iraqis know it without a hint of
a question; Americans are beginning to learn. But too few. And probably
- Fallujah has been a prime target of American abuse, not
only since the invasion began a little more than a year ago, but also in
the first Gulf War.
- Lisa Walsh Thomas recently repeated her report of last
year, when the first rounds of killing began, that the people of Fallujah
remembered one particularly terrible incident. 'Two hundred civilians died
in the bombing, with another five hundred injured. A large civilian area
of residences was obliterated. Worse, if possible, the coalition (There
really was a coalition in the first Gulf War) then polished off the killing
by returning to bomb the rescuers who ran to help the injured who had survived
the bombings of the market.'
- Randolph Holhut on the Smirking Chimp estimated that
America employs 15,000 highly paid mercenaries in Iraq, many of whom make
$1,000 per day.
- Only two days before the high-profile murders of four
American hitmen (yes, paid mercernaries who weren't there to escort an
oil convoy, but to kill Iraqis), these same 'contractors' and other scumbags
just like them had machine-gunned women and children in Fallujah, according
to Peter Cockburn's recent report in Counterpunch.
- Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar, an Iraqi who was witness to the recent
events in Fallujah, told NPR's Democracy Now! the attack on the contractors
on Iraq was not unprovoked, but revenge for the massacre of women and children
in the city by U.S. mercenary "contractors".
- Al-Jazeera reported that two positions being used by
its correspondants were bombed by US forces. Al- Jazeera correspondants
were targeted and murdered by US troops for accurately portraying the initial
war of occupation.
- The best line I heard in all the horrible reports about
what's happening in Fallujah today was this one from Libertarian Socialist
- 'The U.S. General in charge of propaganda, General Kimmit
"the Toad", accused al-Jazeera today of "spreading lies"
in claiming the U.S. was being defeated, but then, when asked if he meant
al-Jazeera was faking the footage, stated that the footage was correct
but their "interpretation" of it - the interpretation that U.S.
forces running away and Iraqi resistance fighters dancing on U.S. positions
was a U.S. "defeat" - was "wrong". He implied that
often U.S. Marines run away from their positions and throw themselves on
enemy munitions as a sign of 'victory.'
- The LSN report also said:
- 'Yesterday, the United States initiated surrender talks
with the rebels to save their surrounded and defeated Marine units, but
instead of acting in good faith, the U.S. launched two massive bombing
raids against the city and bombarded the Golan neighborhood with artillery
and mortar fire. In response to the bombing, Iraqi resistance fighters
continued to press the surrounded Marines, killing some and taking more
- And most important of all - something you will not hear
on American TV - is that the U.S. appears to be losing control of Baghdad
and all the other major Iraqi cities, and the air campaign of killing innocent
civilians is a desperate attempt to reverse the trend.
- Free people everywhere can only pray that the Iraqis
will drive the criminal American forces from their land.
- ï ï ï
- Hallelujah. He is risen. Your pastor, your rabbi, your
priest has told you to pray for the safety of American troops in Iraq.
- The war in Iraq is based on shameful lies. Now that these
lies have been exposed and keep being repeated by the soulless sadists
who have led American into war, isn't it time your told your pastor, your
rabbi and your priest exactly where they can go? And that would be straight
- America is the evil empire. If you're praying to God
for an American victory in Iraq, I hate to be the one to tell you that
it's not God you're praying to.
- It's that other guy, the one George Bush prays to. It
could be time you came to grips with the ugly fact that he is the same
one in the Old Testament, the one who urges everyone to just keep on killing
and stealing other people's valuables.
- As far as the other guy who is supposedly risen? Well,
you keep on praying, if you like. Just imagine today, Easter Sunday, that
you're sitting in a mosque in Fallujah, and you suddenly hear those American
planes overhead. Praying would be the right thing to do.
- Pray for the soul - that as an American - you have definitely
- John Kaminski is the author of 'America's Autopsy Report,'
a collection of his Internet essays that have appeared on hundreds of websites
around the world, and 'The Day America Died: Why You Shouldn't Believe
the Official Version of What Happened on September 11, 2001,' a booklet
designed to be read by those who continue to trust what the U.S. government
is saying. For information about both, go to http://www.johnkaminski.com/