HBCC UFO Reports
Recently Received

From Brian Vike, Director
HBCC UFO Research

Black Hills, Arizona
Received Report: March 22, 2004
Date: 1978 or 1979
Time: Nighttime
Dear Mr. Brian Vike
Hello once again. I hope you are doing fine and well also. As I told you in my last e-mail back in the 1970s I think it was 1978 or 1979 I had just turned 18 years old as well as many of my friends that I grew up with in Dorchester, Massachusetts.
When we all got of age we decided to take a cross country road trip to California, so 4 of us went cross country on a Greyhound bus to San Diego California to see just what the west coast was all about. It took us about 5 days to reach California from Boston and before we ever heard anything about UFO's we found out after being in San Diego for only 2 days. We all shared a motel room and on our second night in California we were watching the local news in San Diego. The news reporter said that thousands of calls were coming into the news station as people were reporting sightings over the area of Palo Alto, California.
The strange thing was no T.V. footage was shown and it must have been the government trying to cover it all up. The people reporting the sightings said they saw huge discs hovering over Palo Alto in the middle of the day and it was starting to cause panic for some people. I do remember the news people saying that it was not a good idea for people to travel up to Palo Alto because of too much traffic from all of the on lookers. All of us at the motel just thought it was strange and never gave it any thought after hearing the report on TV. Well we stayed in San Diego for about 3 weeks before we all decided to head back to Massachusetts, so we did. We pooled our money together and bought a 1968 Dodge Charger for the big trip home so we could have more freedom than being stuck on a bus for the next 5 days. We left California during the late night hours so the car would not overheat during the day as we crossed through the areas of desert. Well all was fine until we crossed into the area of Arizona known as the Black Hills. We had to drive over a mountain range that seemed to take hours to get over, once we were headed down hill to the desert areas and level highway we noticed something very strange indeed. We saw 3 blue beautiful lights ahead of us, they were the color of cobalt blue like the old vicks salve jars.
It seemed that no matter how far we drove the lights were always in the same location in the sky ahead of us.
We decided to pull over and get out to see if these lights were aircraft or radio towers as it was hard to tell moving at 70 miles per hour in a car. Once we pulled over we got out for a closer look and noticed that these blue lights did not make a sound at all and they were in the same exact spot as an hour before when we first spotted them in the sky. Another strange fact is that we were the only car on the highway at the time and not even a truck or anything was spotted during this time. So we got back in the car and drove for almost another hour before pulling over once again because the lights were still in the sky in the same location as before. We started getting a little nervous and wondered if this was what the people in Palo Alto have been seeing.
We decided to turn on the car radio to find out if anybody had called in anything about what we were seeing in the Arizona desert but as fate would have it the radio was nothing but static on all stations. We just thought we were so far away from the nearest radio station and that was why we could not get any music or news on the radio. We all looked at each other in shock asking one other if we all saw the same blue lights and if we could still see them, we all said yes to that.
After a few minutes my friend who was driving decided to turn off the car head lights and shut off the engine and as soon as he did we then became instant believers of UFO's because when he turned off the lights the 3 cobalt blue lights that looked as if they were at least 500 feet apart from each other began to move towards each other until the 3 lights became one large blue light that headed away from us and then went upwards at the speed of a shooting star.
My many thanks to the witness for the sighting report.
Montreal, Quebec
Received: March 22, 2004
Date: Winter of 1996
Time: 8:00 p.m.
Number of witnesses: 1
Number of object observed: 1
Shape of object: round
The event took place around 8:00 p.m. on a winter night. I was walking back from a nearby mall. I was on the corner of the Place Chatillon street and Joseph-Renaud boulevard.
Please note that commercial airplanes fly regularly over my neighborhood (Anjou), making their approach to land at Dorval Airport, following approximately a north-east/south-west trajectory.
The sky was clear, no clouds. At the right moment I looked up and I saw a small globe of light going north-west. Its altitude was about the same as planes but was flying in the opposite direction. More so, it was noiseless and far more quickly than the jets.
It's edges were well defined et it was much bigger than a star. It was about the size of a ping-pong ball seen at a distance of 12 meters, with a very white light coming from inside. Suddenly it dimmed down then went out totally.
It all happened in 2 to 3 seconds. This is the first time that I report this event officially. Thank you very much.
Thank you to the witness for the report.
Quebec (just off Rue de la Montagne)
Date: March 21 2003
Time: Approx. 9:30-10:00 p.m.
Location of Sighting: West heading East
Number of objects: 2(?)
Shape of objects: Seemed like two X's (could have been attached, but couldn't see anything between them)
Full Description of event/sighting: I was outside my apartment building just off the Rue de la Montagne, and I was looking at Orion, when just to the right of it, coming from the west, I saw a slightly faint looking orangish light. It was not lit up, it seemed almost as if the reason I could see it was from the reflection of the sun or even the city lights. It seemed to be two "X" shaped or square but were on an angle looking and there was two of them, almost diagonal to each other, but very close to one another, and there could have been something I couldn't see attaching the two, and it could have been only one, with two X square shaped edges. They seemed to "wobble" as if hanging off a string and were an reddish-orangish color, going in a straight "wobbly" direction right across the sky towards the east. Going much faster than any plane I've seen, but not as fast as a falling star. It seemed to be in outer space, but yet didn't seem as high as planes go at 35000 feet, either it was much bigger, but I'm sure it was much closer. Then before disappearing over top a building, it's almost as if it vanished, or turned off and I couldn't see it anymore.
Additional information provided by the witness. (Below)
Hi Brian,
Thank you for responding...
I will find a way to make a sort of drawing, as I want to make sure I don't miss a detail that I could remember, but to answer your questions. The event didn't last very long, as I mentioned, it just flew by, none-stop, and went faster than any plane I know of, but not as fast as a shooting star. I could observe it for a good 5-6 seconds maybe, it just happened so fast, and I didn't really pay attention to the amount of time. I didn't notice any plane around, I don't live near any airport, but there is one a few miles away, but let me tell you, this was not a plane. And I know you're just trying to get a clear cut idea of what it is, and I'd really appreciate if you can let me if this has been seen by anyone else, either the same night or any other time, I guess just for my own curiosity.
I'm sure you can understand, I'm still kind of wondering if I really saw what I saw, or refer to it in a way as shocked to see what I saw. Now I didn't see much detail of the craft itself per say, but what I did see seemed to be (the best I can explain is) it may have been two tips of one craft, or two crafts close together, following each other at the same speed. Let's say they were going in a straight line towards twelve o'clock, but the two objects I saw (if you think of a clock) one was on the eight or seven, and one was on the 1 or 2, just to say the were slightly diagonal to each other. When I think of how high planes usually fly (35000 ft) I'd say this must have been about 15-20,000 feet up, could have been lower, but it was quite "dim" like, it was not "lit up" but I could see it as I mentioned, and come to think of it, I would believe that had it been lit up from the sun, it would have been brighter than what I saw. And sorry for making this so long, I'm just trying not to miss any detail that may be important. I saw it the length of time it took as if I was watching a jet fly by, but there was no sound whatsoever.
The weather was very clear skies, and kind of cold (maybe 0 to -5 or so, there was wind here and there, and what is bizarre, but I'll blame coincidence, is that right after it went by, I felt the wind slightly pick up for a few seconds then die down again, almost as if the craft caused the wind wave from it going by, but that, I can't know because there was wind on and off all day.
Well, that's pretty much all I can say for now, and I had seen something else over a year ago, in the Nepean area, but at the time, I didn't bother advising anyone else but my wife, who always dreamed of seeing something in the sky. We're not extremely knowledgeable, but we do love to skywatch and see shooting stars, or anything else, but this I was alone outside again.
So please let me know if anyone else saw the same thing, and I will send you a drawing tonight hopefully.
Thank you to the witness for the follow up to the report which he filed.
Ciel de St-Rémi, Quebec
Date: March 19, 2004
Time: Approx: 8:50 p.m.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of object: Oval light
Around 8:50 p.m. on March 19 2004, my husband and I noticed a very luminous object in the sky. We got out of the house to get a better view. It was oval shaped, almost elongated, very luminous and stationary. The object was mainly white but it was flashing very rapidly from white to red, and sometimes a pale blue. My husband saw very small beams of light coming off the sides. It was still stationary but around 9:40, from where we were, we saw a plane approaching the object and it suddenly moved away. Then it disappeared. We listened intently and the object made no noise. For my part, it's my second strange sighting. The first time was in Texas in 1980. I would like to be contacted by email if you have any question.
Thank you
Thank you to the witness for the report.
Onion Lake Saskatchewan
Date: March 21 2004
Time: 8:00 or 8:30
On the evening of March 21 2004 at about 8:00 or 8:30 as I was sitting in my car I saw what looked like a comet as it appeared within seconds at first it looked blue and than turned to a yellow orangey color and than it disappeared. it came from the east . I am in Onion Lake Saskatchewan located 30 minutes south of Lloydminster.
I would like to thank the witness for the report. HBCC UFO Research would like to point out that what the witness saw was a Fireball. Many folks saw the same object that evening.
Saskatoon SK (Southwest of Saskatoon)
Date: March 21, 2004
Time: 8:34 p.m. CST
Shape of objects: unknown (bright flash of light)
Full Description of event/sighting:
I'm not sure whether this classifies as a UFO or not, but I'd like to send in a short report on the chance that others saw this and report it, too.
I happened to be looking out our living room window just after 8:30 this evening, when I saw a brilliant flash of blue-white light. My view was to the southwest, and the entire southwestern sky lit up. A good portion of the sky was lit up, well above the horizon. The houses and trees across the street were silhouetted. I've often watched summer thunderstorms approach our city at night, and tonight's flash was easily many times brighter than any lightning flash I've seen. I took a closer look outside and could clearly see stars and the last of the twilight from sunset an hour and 10 minutes earlier. There was not a cloud in the sky, although infrared satellite imagery currently (10:30 p.m.) shows light cloud. I checked my watch after scanning the sky for about a minute and saw that the time was just approaching 8:35.
About 10 minutes after the event, I saw a neighbor walking along the sidewalk in front of our house. He seemed to be gazing at the sky toward the southwest, but he disappeared down the street before I could go and talk to him.
There is a cellular telephone tower and a hydro substation, both about 3 km away, in the general direction that I saw the flash. I have seen nothing on this evening's news to indicate that they were involved in any mishap. There is nothing on the Environment Canada web site to indicate a lightning strike. Perhaps it was a meteor. I once saw a meteor create a brilliant flash in daylight when I was a child, and tonight's event was somewhat similar. Whatever it was, it was really bright.
Thank you to the witness for the report.
Ottawa, Onatrio Fireball
Date: March 21, 2004
Time: 7:37 p.m.
Two witnesses driving on Rosebella street with my son, between Conroy road and Bank, going towards Bank, I saw a blue green fireball with a trail behind, going almost as fast as a shooting star. It looked like going down to earth in a South-West direction, I lost it behind the houses, awaiting a big crashing noise but nothing at all. I first saw It at about the same altitude as commercial planes usually fly when they are on approach to the Airport, it happened so quickly that it is really hard to be precise with the altitude but this is what I remember. I decided to go to the back road of Ottawa Airport since the ball was seen going toward it. No sign of the event but a few cars driving around the airport in the same direction. I'm sure lot of people saw it, this is a very clear night, crystal clear with a few light clouds floating quickly pushed by the strong wind. I'm sure the Airport radar caught it and the Canadian Forces station Letrim too, these two being very close from the place we were at the moment. Two big commercial airplanes size of a Airbus 320 arrived at the moment I was on the airport back road Letrim and there were some more on approach from a distance.
Thank you to the witness for the report.
Brian Vike, Director
HBCC UFO Research
Home - Phone 250 845 2189
email: <>
Website: <>



This Site Served by TheHostPros