- "Make imaginary puissance... 'tis your thoughts
that now must deck our kings... turning th'accomplishment of many years
into an hourglass..." -Shakespeare, Prologue, Henry V
- This writer has spoken to people on numerous occasions
who, like himself, had intuitive "hits" that the Bush administration
was somehow involved in, or was behind, the horrific events of September
11, 2001. Was it an inside job, as many people suspect? Intuition, of course,
will not stand up in a court of law, nor will guesswork.
- Nonetheless, perplexing tar-like anomalies abound regarding
9-11 that won't wash off. While George W. Bush runs campaign ads with 9-11
images in the background and has flip-flopped on his assertion he wouldn't
answer the 9-11 commission's questions for more than an hour, even though
he devoted two to three hours to filming an ad, and while talk radio demagogue
Rush Limbaugh falsely accuses some 9-11 family members as receiving political
funding from Teresa Heinz-Kerry, it would be profitable to note some of
the oddities of 9-11 that scream out and wave for attention like shipwreck
survivors on an island. I'll present a few that I've culled from many pages
- Anomaly: According to a Take Back The Media flash movie,
Bush had to have known about the New York attacks on the morning of 9-11
prior to his departure for the Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota,
Florida. Just after 8:48 a.m., a reporter asked him if he knew of what
was going on in New York. Bush answered that he did. The video points out
that although Bush has been portrayed as a decisive commander in chief
on the morning of 9-11, he remained utterly indecisive, glued to a pet
goat story.  Researchers have claimed that Bush lied about watching
the first plane crash into the north tower because he couldn't have known
itóthe video clip didn't surface on television screens until later
in the day. So, how did he know? He knew because he had been informed earlier
in the morning. The implications of this informed speculation stagger the
- Anomaly: The October 2001 anthrax attack in Washington,
DC, has not yet been solved. Such knowledge would point directly to those
involved. The last reports I came across indicated the anthrax's genealogy
derived from U.S. military grade. Now, who would have access to that?
- Anomaly: Independent researchers have developed timelines
detailing the FAA's and NORAD's actions that day. The results are disquieting.
By any measure, there is no reasonable explanation as to why the U.S. Air
Force shouldn't have been scrambled within minutes of the first hijacking.
It is dumbfounding that fighters jets weren't scrambled until after Flight
77 apparently hit the Pentagon. (Some commentators even assert that the
Pentagon was hit by a missle and not a commercial airliner.) Check here
for the complete timeline as compiled by Mark Elsis: http://www.911timeline.net/
. For another: http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/3/Elsis273-284.html
- Anomaly: In the months preceding 9-11, U.S. intelligence
investigations into suspected al-Qaeda terrorists were suspended despite
a storm of warnings regarding an imminent attack. On August 22, 2001 the
FBI's top counter- terrorist expert, Deputy Director John O'Neill, quit
the FBI. According to Walter E. Davis, PhD, O'Neill was frustrated over
the State Department's foiling his attempts to prove bin Laden's complicity
in the bombing of the USS Cole. O'Neill took the position of security head
at the WTC towers and died there on September 11. Davis writes, "One
law enforcement official was quoted as saying, 'The investigative staff
has to be made to understand that we're not trying to solve a crime now.'
The FBI agents were commanded to cut short their investigations into the
attacks and those involved. FBI agents were threatened with prosecution
under the National Security Act if they publicized information from their
investigations. David P . Schippers, noted Chicago lawyer and the House
Judiciary Committee's chief investigator in the Clinton impeachment trial,
is now representing some of the FBI agents in a suit against the U.S. government
in an attempt to enable them to legally tell what they know." 
- Anomaly: In July 2001 the regulation allowing commercial
airline pilots to carry firearms in the cockpit was rescindedójust
when terrorist warnings were abuzz?
- Anomaly: Insider trader transactions with put options
(speculation that stock prices will go down) on American and United Airlines
in the days preceding 9-11 earned $2.5 million that went unclaimed and
the perpertuators remain unknown. Although the Securities and Exchange
Commission has a law on the books that prevents revealing the identities
of investors, one would think that this particular law would be the important
one to rescind. The evidence could lead directly to those behind the attacks.
An interesting tidbit was discovered by the Hal Turner Show: "The
firm used to place the 'put options' on United Airlines stock was, until
1998, managed by the man who is now in the number three Executive Director
position at the Central Intelligence Agency." His name is A.B. "Buzzy"
- Another 9-11 researcher Michael Ruppert throws fuel on
the fire: "It has been documented that the CIA, the Israeli Mossad
and many other intelligence agencies monitor stock trading in real time
using highly advanced programs reported to be descended from Promis software.
This is to alert national intelligence services of just such kinds of attacks.
Promis was reported, as recently as June, 2001 to be in Osama bin Laden's
possession and, as a result of recent stories by FOX, both the FBI and
the Justice Department have confirmed its use for U.S. intelligence gathering
through at least this summer. This would confirm that CIA had additional
advance warning of imminent attacks. 
- Ruppert confirms Hal Turner's report: "Many of the
UAL puts are purchased through Deutschebank/AB Brown, a firm managed until
1998 by the current Executive Director of the CIA, A.B. "Buzzy"
- Anomaly: In the days preceding 9-11, Major General Mahmud
Ahmad, chief of the Pakistani intelligence service (ISI), visited Washington.
His agency had wired $100,000 in U.S. funds to hijacker Mohamed Atta.
According to Michael Ruppert, he had had a meeting "with the Chairmen
of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, Porter Goss (R, Fla).
and Bob Graham (D, Fla.). 
- According to Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed in The War on Freedom,
"The U.S. government protected itself, by asking him [Mahmud] to resign
quietly after the discovery, thus blocking a further inquiry and a potential
scandal."  Did the government's goat eat Mahmud?
- Anomaly: According to the Hal Turner Show, an urban rescue
team was deployed to New York City the night before the attacks. Coincidence,
or plan? 
- Anomaly: Half-baked, young, inexperienced, hijacker pilots
performed aircraft maneuvers such that would require impeccable flying
skills to be able to have plowed those planes into their targets.
- Anomaly: WTC7 collapsed even though it was only struck
by debris. No modern steel skyscaper has ever collapased resulting from
fire. In fact, one commentator, Jerry Russell, PhD, claims the main towers
collapsed from controlled demolitions. He explains:
- "The proof. According to the law of gravity, it
is possible to calculate the time it takes for an object to fall a given
distance. The equation is H=(1/2)at2, where H is the height, a is the acceleration
of gravity (10 meters per second squared) and t is time in seconds. Plug
in the height of the building at 1350 feet (411 meters) and we get 9 seconds.
That is just about the length of time it took for the very top of the World
Trade Center to fall to the street below. According to all reports, the
whole thing was over in just about ten seconds.
- "It is as if the entire building were falling straight
down through thin air. As if the entire solid structure below, the strong
part which had not been burned or sliced or harmed in any significant way,
just disappeared into nothingness. Yet this (within a small tolerance)
is what we would expect to find if there had been a controlled demolition,
because the explosions below really do leave the upper stories completely
unsupported. Like the Road Runner after he runs off the edge of the cliff,
the entire building pauses a moment, then goes straight down.
- "Any kind of viscous process or friction process
should have slowed the whole thing down. Like dropping a lead ball into
a vat of molasses, or dropping a feather into the air, gravitational acceleration
cannot achieve its full effect if it is fighting any opposing force. In
the case of the World Trade Center, the intact building below should have
at least braked the fall of the upper stories. This did not happen. There
was no measurable friction at all.
- "This proves controlled demolition." 
- Regarding all the WTC towers, Mark Elsis writes:
- "Fire Engineering magazine, a 125-year old respected
journal which publishes technical studies of major fires, criticized the
investigation by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as 'a half-baked
- "The journal said it 'has good reason to believe
that the "official investigation" blessed by FEMA and run by
the American Society of Civil Engineers is a half-baked farce, commandeered
by political forces whose primary interests lie far afield of full disclosure."
- Interestingly, the New York City government decided that
many of the records of the Fire Department's 9-11 actions will not be released
to the public. Reportedly, firefighters in the towers radioed that the
fires were under control at the time they imploded. Eye witnesses had
claimed there were explosions in the main buildings that sounded like bombs.
- Anomaly: Officials have claimed the flight recorders
on Flights 175 and 11 were in such disrepair the information recorded on
them could not be retrieved, yet an intact hijacker's passport bellied
up out of the rubble in perfect condition.
- There are many such oddities in what might yet turn out
to be the greatest, yet saddest, of whodunits in U.S. history. Samuel Taylor
Coleridge in his Biographia Literaria (1817) once coined the literary
term "willing suspension of disbelief," which refers to the willingness
of a reader or viewer to suspend their critical faculties in order to "go
along for the ride."11 How long will bedrock Americans continue to
suspend disbelief, opting for a fictional ride over believability, logic,
- Sources and recommended reading
- 1. http://www.takebackthemedia.com/true911.html
- 3. www.HalTurnerShow.com/CIAMoneyTrai19-11.htm
- 4. Ruppert, Michael. http://www.viewzone.com/911.html
- (Ruppert's sources: The Washington Times, June 15,
- 2001; FOX News, October 16, 2001; FTW, October 26,
- 2001, - http://www.fromthewilderness.com/
- members/magic_carpet.html; FTW, Vol. IV, No.6, Sept.
- 18, 2001 - http://www.fromthewilderness.com/
- members/sept1801.html; FTW, Vol. 3, No 7, 9/30/00 -
- 5. Ruppert, Michael. Ibid. (Ruppert's sources: The
- Herzliyya International Policy Institute for
- Counterterrorism, http://www.ict.org.il/, September
- 21; The New York Times; The Wall Street Journal.)
- 6. Ruppert, Michael. Ibid.
- 7. Ahmed, Nafeez Mosaddeq, The War on Freedom, Josua
- Tree Publications, 2002.
- 8. The Hal Turner Show.
- 10. http://911timeline.net/
- - Michael Arvey resides in and writes from Colorado.
- Copyright © 1998-2004 Online Journalô. All
rights reserved. http://www.onlinejournal.com/Commentary/031904Arvey/031904arvey.html