- An unidentified flying object that "shone and swirled"
hovered for a few minutes on the early hours of Monday morning over the
waters of the River Plate (Rio de la Plata) not far from this city, according
to the Argentinean Air Force (AAF) based on several accounts from eyewitnesses
who phoned in their reports.
- Commodore Guillermo Losada, the press officer of said
force, underlined that "several phone calls" were received which
alerted the rpresence of this UFO. He added that its existence could not
be officialy confirmed "through the air traffic controllers (of the
metropolitan airport) or through any pilot testimony" since there
were no flights in the vicinity at the time.
- "There has apparently been some sort of sighting,
but we cannot confirm the type of object seen," added Losada in a
- Losada noted that the eyewitness testimony "drew
our attention" and added that "one must never dismiss out of
hand what might prove to be a phenomenon worthy of study."
- "The locals coincided in that it was a shining,
swirling flying object that remained thus for several minutes before vanishing,"
added the spokesman.
- Translation (C) 2004. Scott Corrales, Institute of Hispanic
- Special thanks to Gloria Coluchi.