- I have received additional information concerning a daylight
close range observation of a small cigar shaped UFO.
- This incident occurred on December 31, 2003, at approximately
1:30 P.M. as the witness was driving west of Ligonier, PA in Westmoreland
County, on Route 30. The weather conditions at the time were very good.
The driver was heading westbound when she observed an object flying through
the sky about 10 feet off the ground. The object was moving up the right
lane of the highway, and initially the observer had the impression that
she was observing a bird. The woman soon realized that the object had
- The object began to approach closer in her direction,
giving the witness the opportunity to get a better look at it. She described
the object as cigar shaped, about 12 inches in length, and it appeared
to be metallic. On the side of the object were several dark, possibly
black bands. At a distance of about 15 feet, the object changed direction
and began to keep pace with the vehicle.
- The witness indicated that the object then hovered just
above her, then in front of her at a distance which she estimated to be
about 12 feet or less. The object then suddenly took off overhead and was
no longer seen. The entire experience lasted about 15 seconds. The witness
called me to see if there had been any other similar reports.
- Note: Over the years I have occasionally received reports
of small spherical objects which have been observed at close range.
- The observation of a small cigar shaped object is interesting.
- Stan Gordon
- PA UFO Hotline: 724-838-7768 (24 hours)
- P.O. Box 936, Greensburg, PA 15601