- Jews rule the world, getting others to fight and die
for them, but will not be able to defeat the world's 1.3 billion Muslims,
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad has told a major Islamic summit.
- "The Europeans killed six million Jews out of 12
million. But today the Jews rule this world by proxy. They get others to
fight and die for them," Mahathir said, adding, "1.3 billion
Muslims cannot be defeated by a few million Jews."
- The veteran Malaysian premier, who has become notorious
for his controversial speeches during his 22 years as leader of this moderate
Muslim country, was addressing the opening session of the Organisation
of the Islamic Conference (OIC) summit.
- He told the biggest gathering of Muslim leaders since
the 2001 attacks on the United States that all Muslims were suffering "oppression
and humiliation", with their religion accused of promoting terrorism.
- Acknowledging weakness and division in the organisation's
ranks, Mahathir said they could at least take a common stand on the Palestinian
struggle against Israel and it was time to plan a "counter-attack"
against the enemies of Islam who treated Muslims with "contempt and
- He called on Muslims to emulate the Jewish response to
oppression, saying the Jews had "survived 2000 years of pogroms not
by hitting back, but by thinking".
- "They invented and successfully promoted socialism,
communism, human rights and democracy so that persecuting them would appear
to be wrong, so they may enjoy equal rights with others.
- "With these they have now gained control of the
most powerful countries and they, this tiny community, have become a world
- "We cannot fight them through brawn alone, we must
use our brains also," he said.
- "Of late because of their power and their apparent
success they have become arrogant. And arrogant people like angry people
will make mistakes, will forget to think.
- "They are already beginning to make mistakes. And
they will make more mistakes. There may be windows of opportunity for us
now and in the future. We must seize these opportunities."
- Mahathir, however, who has in the past condemned Palestinian
suicide bombers as "terrorists", appeared to suggest that it
was time for an end to violence against the Israelis.
- "Over the past 50 years of fighting in Palestine
we have not achieved any result. We have in fact worsened our situation."
- He said the Koran "tells us that when the enemy
sues for peace we must react positively. True the treaty offered is not
favourable to us. But we can negotiate".
- He said he was aware that this proposal could not be
popular and its opponents "would want to send more young men and women
to make the supreme sacrifice. But where will all these lead to? Certainly
- However, he did call on Muslims to match their studies
of religion with attention to science and mathematics because "we
need guns and rockets, bombs and warplanes, tanks and warships for our
- This was apparently a reference to what he sees as a
broader assault on Muslims by the Western world in the guise of the war
on terrorism. He said enemies of Islam "attack and kill us, invade
our lands, bring down our governments".
- Among the more than 30 Muslim leaders present for the
summit are Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Pakistani President Pervez
Musharraf, Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia and Megawati
Sukarnoputri, the president of the world's largest Muslim country Indonesia.
From allnight long
- I just learned this afternoon about a speech that Prime
Minister Mahathir of Malaysia made on the occasion of the opening of the
Islamic Summit in Kuala Lumpur yesterday, reported in the newspaper The
Star. Suggest that you check the website under www.thestar.com.my It is
in the Oct. 16 edition at Star online.
- A synopsis is found below in my message as it was sent
to me. But one must read the actual speech in order too understand exactly
how dangerous are the words of Mahathir and the vileness of his anti-Christian
but especially his anti-Semitic remarks. Below are excerpts from the actual
text as reported in the KL newspaper.
- "The Muslims will forever be aggressed and dominated
by the Europeans ( Read: 'Christians' in my opinion ) and Jews."
- "The Europeans killed 6 million Jews out of 12 million
yet today the Jews rule this world by proxy. They get the others to fight
and die for them. They invented and successfully promoted Socialism, Communism
and democracy so that persecuting them appears to be wrong."
- "It cannot be that there is no other way (as opposed
to lashing out in anger which he decries) 1.3 billion people cannot be
defeated by a few millions Jews. There must be a way."
- Mahathir then goes on to urge the Islamic people "to
think, to assess our weaknesses and our strength to plan to strategise
and then to counter attack."
- "The Europeans could do what they liked with Muslim
terrirtories. It is not surprising that they should excise Muslim land
to create the state of Israel to solve their Jewish Problem. Divided, the
Muslims could do nothing effective to stop the Balfour and Zionist transgression."
- I suggest that you check the web site and read the whole
text of the speech. I also suggest that BBC should issue a press release
critizing the anti -semitic remarks of the Prime Minister ( who is stepping
down at the end of the month and requesting that our FM ( who happens to
be in Asia at the moment) call the Prime Minister Mahathir to task for
his inflammatory speech. We should be careful to aim our criticism at the
Prime Minister directly and not at Malaysia or Malaysians, many of whom
are appalled by the PM's remarks. You may remember this is the same person
who banned the movie 'Schindler's List' from Malaysia.