- From Lisa Ruby
- Terri Was Able To Eat Before Husband Put Her In Cheaper
- If this is true, the evidence of a conspiracy of death
is even more deeply heinous and calculated than I realized:
- "She's not a vegetable," Ms. Sauer insisted
as she rested her tired feet.
- "She knows voices, she responds. She can follow
commands, and she tries to communicate by blinking her eyelids 'yes' and
'no.'" And then there's the most important detail of all: "We
used to feed her with a spoon, and she swallowed on her own."
- That was seven years ago, when Ms. Sauer was a nurse
at a rehab facility in Largo, Fla. At that time, Ms. Schiavo was getting
physical therapy and full-time attention from skilled nurses. But the facility
charged $4,000 a month, as Ms. Sauer recalls, and Mr. Schiavo soon chose
to discontinue his wife's therapy and move her into the much cheaper hospice
system. She's languished there for six years, tethered to a feeding tube
while a fierce legal battle swirled around her.
- See: A Chilling Precedent http://www.worldmag.com/world/issue/10-25-03/national_4.asp
- Lisa Ruby http://www.libertytothecaptives.net