- This is the hottest and most explosive story behind the
scenes in Washington in terms of how it could affect the Bush administration.
- Ambassador Joseph Wilson has been turning up the heat
in this situation. He revealed on Friday August 29 in a symposium in Washington
the person in the Bush administration, who had leaked it out to the Washington
Post that Wilson's wife is a CIA agent of 26 years. As a consequence of
this leak, her entire team of overseas assets were liquidated.
- The leaker, it turns out, was none other than the notorious
Karl H. Rove, Bushís so-called White House advisor.
- According to reliable sources, as well as our own Al
Martin Raw.com investigation, Karl Rove is, in fact, the grandson of Karl
Heinz Rover, the Gauleiter of Oldenburg (incorrectly reported previously
- Rove's grandfather Rover was evidently not only the Gauleiter,
but the Reich-Statthalter (or governor, comparable to the Nazi State Party
Chairman for the city-region), who was also a partner and senior engineer
of a company which built Birkenau, the concentration camp in Nazi Germany.
- So Karl Rove has been identified as the leaker responsible
for the deaths of more than 70 CIA assets overseas (See previous story
"Will the Real Chemical Ali Please Stand Up? The Curious Case of Ambassador
- When Ambassador Wilson was asked how he knew it was Rove,
he had documents in his possession identifying Rove as the leaker from
a secret investigation of the State Department's Internal; Security Unit.
It was a from a small clique, four Clinton holdovers in that department
of the State Department that were sympathetic to what had happened to Wilson.
- These investigations could not have possibly been made
without at least the tacit acquiescence of Secretary of State Colin Powell.
- Wilson has announced that he will have his private attorneys
petition the Department of Justice demanding that Roverer a/k/a Karl Rove
be prosecuted under the 1982 Intelligence Identity Protection Act . This
law specifically supposed to prevent what has happened in this case and
that is the Bush administration attempting to retaliate against a senior
government official who tells the truth about that administration by revealing
the identities of intelligence members within their own families.
- This is a law that was specifically designed to prevent
this from happening. It is a law that was proffered by the Democrats in
1982 that the Republicans fought and could not defeat. The law carries
an automatic mandatory 10 years to life imprisonment as punishment.
- And where would Rove go? Karl Rove, it should be noted,
is a dual citizen of the United States and Germany. Because of his position
he has special diplomatic status. The idea is that if its absolutely necessary
he could go to Switzerland where he couldn't be extradited.
- The law specifically states in this case (and this depends
on how much Secretary of State Colin Powell is prepared to get involved,
if he signs a formal complaint from the State Department, then the Attorney
General has no choice but to prosecute. He is required to prosecute, even
if he doesn't want to do so.
- This is very explosive and what makes it so explosive
is that this Intelligence Identity Act, if it can be proved, and Rove can
be successfully prosecuted and if Rove reveals that the president George
Bush told him to institute this leak, then the President's automatic shield
of immunity is removed and the president himself can be prosecuted for
murder if any deaths of any US intelligence agents or assets resulted from
the leak. This is the only legal statute that has this provision.
- The Bush Administration is exerting enormous pressure
on Colin Powell because he is the real linchpin. They are exerting pressure
on him NOT to proceed to file a formal complaint with the Department of
- Wilson's problem is that he has no greater legal standing
than that of a private citizen. The Department of Justice, unbeknownst
to anybody, has had a lot of communications with Wilson's attorney and
they're claiming that Wilson has no special status, that he's just an everyday
citizen, so that any demand he would make for prosecution would carry no
more weight than a private citizen or OFU.
- (OFU is George Bush Senior's term to describe the average
American citizen. It stands for "One Fodder Unit.")
- Wilson is saying, however, that when Rove leaked this
out, he was still formally employed by the State Department. Wilson, it
should be remembered, was the former ambassador during the Clinton Regime,
was formally rehired, and he received a paycheck from the Department of
State. When these leaks took place he still had another three weeks left
on his contract. Therefore he was still a United States Ambassador and
that apparently is also a key legal point.
- When this goes before the US Court of Appeals in Washington
and if the court agrees that Wilson was a formal ambassador at the time,
then Colin Powell can not refuse to formally petition the Department of
Justice for the prosecution of Karl Rove and to open an investigation into
the president's and vice president's role in the affair.
- Was Rove really the source of the leak? The investigation
held thus far by the State Department's Internal Security (ISD) has stated
that Rove did indeed leak the information out about the Ambassador's wife,
CIA agent Valerie Wilson, to the Washington Post. Apparently they have
an affidavit from the reporter he leaked it to.
- The way the Bush Regime is trying to quash it is to slow
it way down by exerting so much pressure against Pro-Bush Media. Please
note that you have not heard one word about this on CNN or MSNBC or Fox
News And not one word about this on ABC, CBS, or NBC.
- If there is no public attention, there will be no steam
behind it. Some of the congressmen are trying to push this into higher
quarters. They're trying to get Howard Dean to talk about it since he's
getting so much press coverage
- It's been said that Dean is himself frightened to start
talking about it because it would diminish the press coverage he's been
getting. The Bush Administration has let it be known to the Democratic
National Committee that any Democrat who tries to push this will find press
coverage severely limited.
- When the Democratic presidential selection process filters
out (since there are now nine declared Democrats) and when there is one
Democrat that everyone is behind, who's going to be the contender, then
they won't be so frightened.
- But this is a story, which should be more widely known,
since the treatment of Ambassador Wilson and his family (not to mention
the US intelligence assets who were liquidated overseas) is certainly one
of the most egregious abuses of power yet perpetrated by the Bush administration.
- Yet. However, who knows what they might do tomorrow?