- Dear Friends,
- At about 5:00 this morning (GMT), Graham Birdsall passed
away in hospital in his home city of Leeds with his family by his side.
His death was the result of a cerebral hemorrhage suffered on September
- Graham (along with his brother Mark) founded UFO Magazine
(UK) and as Editor-In-Chief built the publication into the most successful
and influential magazine of its kind. Graham was also a friend and mentor
to many of the best-known (and lesser known) ufologists around the world.
He produced many UFO conferences and related events, including the Leeds
International UFO Conference, which would have been held this weekend had
it not been cancelled due to Graham's illness.
- While Graham Birdsall's death is a very real blow to
the world of international ufology, our hearts go out to his family at
this sad time - his wife Christine, daughters Helen and Louise, granddaughter
Katy, brother Mark and son-in-law Russel. Those of us who were fortunate
enough to know Graham and have him as a friend will miss him terribly,
but we will always remember him for his courage, sense of humor, drive,
and countless contributions to the field of ufology.
- Those wishing to send condolences to the family should
address their cards to
- The Birdsall Family C/o UFO Magazine Lloyds Bank Chambers
West Street Ilkley LS29 9DW United Kingdom