- First Pictures Taken Of Chupacabras?
- Diario La Estrella del Loa (Chile)
- September 13, 2003
- After analyzing the digital image, it was established
that the shadow corresponds to a being with these characteristics.
- The "Chupacabras" phenomenon
has become one of the most important mysteries of recent years in Calama
and in the country. The stories and experiences of many people who have
seen animals die in bizarre fashion have caused many researchers to become
devoted almost exclusively to the subject.
- Newspapers, magazines and TV shows have devoted considerable
space in an effort to solve the enigma. However, a true image of the creature
has never been presented. For this reason it was always spoken of in terms
of a myth, or something unknown.
- However, researcher Jaime Ferrer, known in Calama and
in other latitudes, presented to this newspaper as an exclusive what may
be the first audiovisual take of the Chupacabras.
- According to his own version, the tape was presented
on the Mega network's "La Ley de la Selva" program. However,
the strange being's presence was not noticed during the original screening.
- "The image was presented to show the site where
some attacks had occurred (Codao, Peumo, Sixth Region). After a while,
researcher and TV producer Claudio Ojeda Asmussen, noticed that there was
a strange shadow moving among the bushes at the site."
- After analyzing the image over three months and through
the use of modern computer software, "it was established that [the
shadow] was that of an unknown animal, in other words, the Chupacabras,
thus becoming the most important piece of audiovisual evidence in the field
of cryptozoology in recent years."
- According to background information supplied by Ferrer,
the creature has strange characteristics. Its stride resembles that of
an ape, but traits of other animals can be seen in its structure, such
as a feline, a dog, and even some sort of "hoses" that dangle
from its muzzle and through which "it would drain the blood of animals,"
explained the ufologist from the El Loa region.
- Ferrer explained that "Claudio Ojeda is the intellectual
autor of this discovery, as well as of the complex digital analysis performed
on the recording. He called me, since he knows my research. I attest to
the truthfulness of the recording and to the earnest of his work."
- "This represents a very important step in clarifying
this phenomenon. Here we have a creature that is on the surface of the
earth, captured on videotape, and not a figment of the imagination or a
- The full video can be seen at the following address:
- DESCRIPTION OF CHUPACABRAS AS A RESULT OF ANALYSES PERFORMED
- By Claudio Ojeda Asmussen
- The following are the characteristics observed as a result
of digital analysis, for which state of the art equipment and sophisticated
computer software programs were employed, as well as the experience of
belonging to a family of photographers.
- This analysis lasted approximately 60 days and is still
- THE RECORDING
- The duration in which the animal can be seen is of approximately
4 seconds. The distance from the camera's position to the subject under
analysis is approximately 15 to 20 meters.
- Its appearance, at a glance, is that of a black panther
combining canine and ape characteristics. But detail is only possible through
the result of an objective digital analysis.
- TRUE APPEARANCE OF THE ANIMAL
- Its size--horizontally-- is approximately 1.8 meters
long by 1.4 meters tall.
- It has two ears similar to those of a
donkey but much thinner, with an approximate length of 30 centimeters.
When these are in repose, they remain straight and forward (rigid). Upon
observing or feeling itself under observation, it moves them backward at
a 90 degree angle, approximately. At no time does it relax or put its ears
back, as is the case with most animals; they always move in the same direction,
from front to back.
- On its abdominal region it present four cannulae or segmented
tubes which appear to emerge from its dorsal area and are attached to its
body. These cannulae, ended in semi-rounded points, hang beneath its abdomen
forming a ring. Something similar can be found on its neck but these are
short, thick and semi-conical. Between its nasal region and muzzle other
dangling cannulae can be seen, these being shorter and lighter in color,
and which it appears to be able to contract and extend at will. Speculatively,
it might be able to employ them as siphons to drain its victims' blood.
- Between these cannulae, which emerge under its nose,
a strange pair of vampire-like fangs can be seen to emerge from the upper
mandible, linking in a rounded manner, opening slightly at their ends and
curving backward, like powerful claww.
- It has a powerful jaw and a broad muzzle with long upper
- Its nose presents large nasal openings, a combination
of pig, mandrill and wolf.
- Seen sideways, its face resembles that of a large feline,
but seen face-on, [it resembles] a fusion between wolf, feline, pig and
mandrill. It further presents a slight protuberance in the upper rear part
of its skull.
- It features a pair of curvilinear upper wings which fold
and emerge from behind its neck, like the wings on a hawk. These weings
present three folds from beginning to end, with the last one fold being
the one of largest size.
- It is further endowed with two medium-sized lateral fins
that emerge from behind each one of the front legs, which are linked to
a "semi-rectangular" prominence or bulk located in the underarm
joint of said extremity.
- The wings resemble those of a bat, where bones adhered
to the skin can be identified, showing several final flolds and fan-shaped
joints on the base.
- It features membranes or pseudo-wings which link the
front arms with the medial abdominal region of its body and has characteristics
which are very similar to the aforementioned wings, only thinner. In a
resting position, these [pseudo-wings] assume the shape of an inverted
"V". Its skin is slightly lighter in color and crossed by thin
- It has a short tail, measuring some 20 cm. in length
with a mean thickness of 5 cm. resembling a thick sausage, which it shakes
- Its upper wings, when folded over its back, become fused
with its fur. Slight protuberances (on its back) can be seen which would
be the edges of the pointed folds of the folded wings. Toward the end of
the body, the endings or tips of the wings mounted (sic) or in repose can
be clearly seen, above and between the tail.
- It's hind legs are noticeably longer than the front ones.
It walks with its hind legs flexed--as though crouching--opening them sideways;
it walks normally with its front legs. Its gait has a certain resemblance
with that of a large lizard. Both arms and legs on its upper section appear
thick and strong. Four long frontal toes joined by a membrane can be seen
in its hind legs, plus a dewclaw with medium sized nails.
- The color of the creature's skin on its head and the
ends of its feet and hands are dark in color, rather black, while the rest
of the body has a dark brown shade that is only slightly lighter in the
abdominal area. Reddish shades are evident on its nose and upper wings
(back). Certain lighter shades can also be seen toward the tips of the
upper folded wings (over the tail).
- It is not possible to establish sexual organs.
- It walks quickly, talking great strides, but the movement
of its wings and face (attention and reaction) is far swifter. Movements
are very similar to those of a lizard.
- Its eyes are elongated and swept backward, menacing,
curved and following the shape of its skull.
- The analyses are still ongoing. New details on this creature
may still be found.
- [Translation (C) 2003. Scott Corrales, Institute of Hispanic