- I think the vast differences in compensation between
victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die or have died serving
the country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it
either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September
11. Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says something
really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you
lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an
average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all
the way up to $4.7 million.
- If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier
killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit,
half of which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you
are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's
a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits
18, those payments come to a screeching halt.
- Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting
an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's
not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in
the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way
FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.
- We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims
from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for
the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to
that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking
for compensation as well.
- You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is
part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country.
It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military,
they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine
is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on
food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?
- However, our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves
a raise, and many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress
one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month, and
most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They also do not receive
Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the
- If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and
get out as an E-7, you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the
very people who placed you in harm's way receive a pension of $15,000 per
month. I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join
ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons
and daughters who are now fighting.
- "When do we finally do something about this?"
- This MUST be a campaign issue in 2004.
- SOCIAL SECURITY
- Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election
years. Our Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security. Many
years ago they voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no
congressperson has felt the need to change it. For all practical purposes
their plan works like this:
- When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay
until they die, except it may increase from time to time for cost of living
adjustments. For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and
their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000 (that's Seven Million, Eight
Hundred Thousand), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last
years of their lives. This is calculated on an average life span for each.
- Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. These little
perks they voted for themselves are free to them. You and I pick up the
tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly
from the General Fund--our tax dollars at work! From our own Social Security
Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into -- every payday until we
retire (which amount is matched by our employer) --we can expect to get
an average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we would
have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and
one month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!
- Social Security could be very good if only one small
change were made. And that change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement
Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social
Security plan with the rest of us and then watch how fast they would fix
- Sorry Jeff, Rush Limbaugh Is Flat Wrong
- Comment From
- Dear Mr. Rense,
- What Rush Limbaugh overlooks in his Aug. 13 statement
posted on your website is the following:
- 1. Soldiers are paid to be in danger. They are also
well-trained to deal with it. And they are also well-trained to expect
it. Furthermore, their medical benefits alone--incuding those for their
families--amount to a value of hundreds of thousands of dollars or more.
- 2. Civilians going about their daily lives are not being
paid to be in danger. They are not trained to deal with danger. And they
are not trained to expect it. Nor do they get free medical care for themselves
and their families like the military does: they actually have to pay for
- That's why 9-11 victims get more in the settlements than
soldiers do. It may seem unfair to soldiers, but soldiers have some idea
of what they are getting into when they enlist. Not so for the civilian
victims of 9-11.
- As you can see, it took me less than 3 minutes to totally
destroy Limbaugh's thesis. That shows you just how smart he is not.
- But I'm sure it sounded good to his ignorant gang of
war crime supporters and racists.
- Tom Lowe Borrego Sorings, CA
- PS - Limbaugh was certainly right about the Congressional
retirement plan. Still, it was stupid of him to juxtapose 9-11 vs. soldiers'
benefits with that.
- From Sheryl Jackson
- As usual, Mr. Limbaugh, you look at the picture and see
it up side down and sideways.
- The families of the victims of the Oklahoma City bombings
received justice when Timothy McVeigh was murdered by the state. Timothy
McVeigh told a reporter (Gore Vidal?) that he was trying to show the American
people what was coming and hoped they could avoid it?
- The evidence was wrapped up tighter than a drum. The
truck, the explosives, witnesses who knew what was going to happen and
did nothing to avoid, stop or circumvent the tragedy. And the Perpetrator.
Nice, clean, justice. No doubt in anyone's mind. So they received the
minimal because Timothy McVeigh was a done deal.
- The money that the families of September 11, 2001, victims
received was "hush money". To shut them up and ask no questions.
Money that was collected from American Citizens and the NWO. Millions
of dollars to shut up the questions that would ultimately become the battle
cry of those who saw the September 11, 2001, slaughter of 3 thousand people
on television across the world.
- So the families would not ask questions, questions like:
- 1.) Why were there so many amateur photographers on the
rooftops of buildings watching for the planes to hit? Not one of those
amateurs was screaming and hollering. Not one of those "amateur"
films was shaking and jiggling.
- 2.) Why were so many people absent from the jobs that
were based in the WTC?
- 3.) Why did the buildings look like they "imploded"
when the "airplane fuel" caught fire and took the buildings down?
- 4.) Why did George Jr. keep reading after being told
the debacle had started?
- 5.) Why did Geoge Jr. say that he had seen it when it
happened? Yet we only saw it afterward. Didn't he state he had watched
- 6.) Why did the men who took the evidence away receive
only paper masks to help them avoid the toxic fumes of the WTC aftermath?
- 7.)How many of those who worked on the cleanup are now
ill or dead from the fumes? Why has no one interviewed them and questioned
what they cleaned up? Looking for charges that may have been planted on
the Labor Day Weekend eight days earlier. A three day weekend?
- 8.) Why did congress put off the investigation until
the evidence was cleared away? What was there to investigate?
- 9.) Why has no one ever interviewed the air traffic
controllers working that day?
- 10.) Why did our CIA, FBI and all of our other covert
agencies fail to find and convict Osama Bin Laden in the nine years that
ensued after the WTC was first bombed? Can't find one Arab degenerate
on kidney dialysis?
- 11.) Why did an article come out about flight 800 that
supposedly had 50 FBI agents on board go down? They were allegedly going
to Washington, DC, to reveal what they had learned about the coming September
- 12.) How did nineteen foreign men who could not communicate
with anyone in English manage to capture four airplanes in the Eastern
US without anyone getting wind of it, fly around erratically, for over
an hour before they started crashing? These men apparently did all of
this damage while holding the passengers hostage with boxcutters?
- 13,)How did they manage to pick the one day that all
of America uses for emergencies? 911?
- Couldn't speak English? How would they know that? Couldn't
fly planes? Couldn't pass the tests for flight school but stole four airliners?
- 14.) Why were no American jets scrambled to see what
was going on in the hour of erratic flight patterns prior to the slaughter?
- 15.) Why is America the only country in the world that
did not fire all of the men in charge of the military? the managers who
did nothing? who did not respond in any way? Every other country in the
world would have at least fired everyone who did nothing that day, and
especially those who might have prevented it. Why are they still gainfully
employed and taking away our civil liberties and now "slaughtering"
- 16.) Why did the Bin Ladens and Hussein's sons get a
plane home when all air traffic was down for three days to Americans?
- 17.) Why did we bomb Afghanistan through the Torah Bora
Mountains that now is the pipeline to the oil that we have stolen from
Iraq? That pipeline was started before most of the bodies of the victims
- 18.) Why did George Jr. tell Afghanistan that they could
grow all of the poppies they wanted so they could get their economy back
online in January of 2002? No sanctions from us for providing poppies
that create heroin and all of its derivatives? Junk that kills drug addicts
around the world? Creates drug addicts around the world?
- 19.) How did Osama Bin Laden and his dialysis machine
continue to elude our covert operatives and thus created the NEW PERPETRATOR
- 20.) Why has no one answered any of these questions
in the last two years?
- Why aren't you asking them Mr. Limbaugh? You have not
nailed anything. As usual you just stir the outhouse and create a bad
stink, that does not really address the problem of the sewage.
- In fact, the only thing in the whole article that was
worthy of national interest is your last paragraph. Take the Golden Fleece
retirement package from the Elected Body of Legislators and put them on
Social Security and watch how fast the problems of Joe Citizen would get
cleaned up. No wonder the dirty ones who fight the nastiest get elected.
What a package to draw to. And no wonder they do not ask the right questions
- Sheryl Jackson