- Note - This is the first followup to the "Argentinean
- accounts Inexplicata presented in January and February
- Unknown Animal Carcass Found Near Salta
- *** R. de la Frontera: new accounts on the hominid ***
- *** Police investigation gathers 14 accounts on the strange
beast, which reappeared in the North***
El Tribuno Digital
- New testimony regarding the presence of a strange hairy
biped, sporting long claws and of an unusual ferocity, were added to the
long list of accounts that the police have gathered in this city, after
the judge of the court of instruction, Mario Dilascio, mandated a formal
investigation on the subject this month.
- The first reference of the case was provided by a couple
in a forested area, Arroyo Salado, 2 km to the west and which serves as
a "Lover's Lane". They claim to have been attacked by a strange
entity standing 2 meters tall, covered in hair, with razor-sharp claws
and "bare buttocks".
- This eyewitness claim was followed by others, although
the most dramatic one was provided by Patricio Saldado, custodian of the
municipal dump, and his children Jesus, Jos and Neri, ages 16, 11 and 13
respectively, who sworn having seen it at a distance of 10 meters, making
an analogous description, to which others were added.
- But now there is more: a family surnamed Pereyra told
authorities that when going to the municipal dump in their pickup truck,
"a beast" described as " large monkey" crossed their
path, climbed over the vehicle's hood, and then lost itself in the thicket,
leaving claw marks on the chassis. Another: businessman Raul Torres and
teacher Hugo Rodas, who teaches in San Antonio de los Cobres, told the
chief of the volunteer fire brigade, Jose Exequiel Alvarez, that they found
something unusual at El Duraznito. A large unknown animal lay by the roadside,
apparently run over by a vehicle. "They got out of their car to take
a look, turned it around using a stick, and were astonished. They had never
seen anything like it. It had amazing claws, arms like a human, measured
1.50 meters, had a bearlike snout with enormous fangs and genitals identical
to those of a male human."
- Alvarez has led several expeditions to find the animal
and claims having seen it through binoculars. "What I saw resembled
a gorilla very closely, but," he asked himself, "what would an
African anthropoid be doing here?" The volunteer fireman added that
"we will be visiting El Duraznito to see if we find the remains [of
the creature] reported by these people."
- "Going by the description, it must be a cub of the
specimen reported by others. Furthermore, a woman surnamed Galvan claimed
having seen it in Los Banos, behind the mountains surrounding the thermal
springs. I don't think we're dealing with a single specimen, but with a
family of them."
- Translation (C) 2003 Scott Corrales, Institute of Hispanic
- Special thanks to Mercedes Casas